Should I book now or wait

tpcwags

1 hour ago, tpcwags said:

Considering a 7 day NB on Radiance 9/5/25. Should I book at current BOGO at discount sale or will it be offered again soon. 

The interior & ocean views on this cruise are a really good price right now. Although I never ever book this early, I think this is one that you should book now.

I've seen Radiance +  Brilliance as low as $399 the past 2-3 years after final payment, However add almost $300 in port fees and taxes, and those came out to approximately $700pp, which is the current offered price for an interior GTY. I don't think this one can get much cheaper..

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you're ready to book, go ahead and book.  It's always a risk to wait.

There is all so a risk if you  book early, Royal Caribbean might  cancel  the cruise near sail date as they having been doing a lot recently.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sowhat said:

Anthem, Brilliance, and Freedom just what I recall, they were  all sold to the public  and  cancelled.

So did you lose any money or did they refund your deposit and let you book a different cruise? I really don't see this as a deterient to booking early and then watching for cruise price drops which we do all the time and on our upcomming cruise actually repriced it twice and cut the price by almost a thousand dollars over the original price. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

So did you lose any money or did they refund your deposit and let you book a different cruise? I really don't see this as a deterient to booking early and then watching for cruise price drops which we do all the time and on our upcomming cruise actually repriced it twice and cut the price by almost a thousand dollars over the original price. 

We were booked on Allure EB TA a few years ago and it was canceled but they moved us to the Wonder ( in its 1st year) at no additional cost. We really got a good deal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sowhat said:

Anthem, Brilliance, and Freedom just what I recall, they were  all sold to the public  and  cancelled.

21 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That's three (actually a dozen or so per year). Out of a couple thousand RC cruises per year.

Actually a potential cancellation is even an advantage.  You are usually given price protected alternatives plus $100 OBC for your trouble.  

6 hours ago, sowhat said:

There is all so a risk if you  book early, Royal Caribbean might  cancel  the cruise near sail date as they having been doing a lot recently.

5 hours ago, sowhat said:

You might want to look at the definition of "a lot".

• Haha 2