First NCL Cruise

BonnieSte

This will be my first NCL cruise. It's from NY to Bermuda on the Escape. It will also be our first time going to Bermuda. Does anyone know if the seas are rough at the end of March? 

The ship looks beautiful, anyone have any comments on what they love or hate about her?

TIA!

1 hour ago, BonnieSte said:

This will be my first NCL cruise. It's from NY to Bermuda on the Escape. It will also be our first time going to Bermuda. Does anyone know if the seas are rough at the end of March? 

The ship looks beautiful, anyone have any comments on what they love or hate about her?

TIA!

Seas are unpredictable. But there is less chance of severe weather than during the peak of hurricane season. Being from the NE, you know that in March, there still can be weather in NY. 

Here’s a link to my live post from the Escape last year. It gives you a peak at the ship and activities onboard.  Followed by a link to my live post to Bermuda last month (on the Escape’s cousin, the Joy). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonnieSte said:

TIA!

We've been on the Escape several times and will be on her again for Christmas this year out of Galveston.  We love the ship.  It is a great representation of this class of ship.  

It has all the key features we personally like.

We particularly enjoy they have "Howl at the Moon" several nights each week which is always a fun show in Headliners.

Pinchos Tapas is only on the Escape and we have enjoyed having either a small dinner or sea-day lunch there.

They have a very nice Thermal Spa in the front of the ship with great views.

Oh...and i've had great luck at her Blackjack tables on each of our cruises....YMMV 🙂

No way of predicting your sea conditions of course, but that NY to Bermuda cruise is wonderful, whichever ship you take.  

Enjoy!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Seas are unpredictable. But there is less chance of severe weather than during the peak of hurricane season. Being from the NE, you know that in March, there still can be weather in NY. 

Here’s a link to my live post from the Escape last year. It gives you a peak at the ship and activities onboard.  Followed by a link to my live post to Bermuda last month (on the Escape’s cousin, the Joy). 

That is awesome thank you!

The ship is well-loved.  Most common complaint about it and the similar NCL ships is crowded main pool area, as so much space is taken by Havens and Vibe Club areas.

March does not define the seas.  It just depends on weather. Could be smooth, could be rough. Be ready for either. It will likely be cool, even in Bermuda.

• Like 1