In Airlie Beach Today

We are currently on a land based trip and staying at Airlie Beach. This is the view from our balcony today, Sunday 30th June.
IMG_7755.thumb.jpeg.8b2d9972712c2dac5d729e83b576fd0c.jpegIMG_7754.thumb.jpeg.ee79925fa2e012057f48d41e8ca1e083.jpegI believe that it’s the Pacific Explorer  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

We are currently on a land based trip and staying at Airlie Beach. This is the view from our balcony today, Sunday 30th June.
IMG_7755.thumb.jpeg.8b2d9972712c2dac5d729e83b576fd0c.jpegIMG_7754.thumb.jpeg.ee79925fa2e012057f48d41e8ca1e083.jpegI believe that it’s the Pacific Explorer  

You are correct. It what is likely to be her final call there.

• Like 3

Ship Ahoy!

An early glimpse of the Pacific Encounter for us before we board her in Brisbane on Saturday. 
This photo was taken from the balcony of the unit we're staying in at Airlie Beach this week. 
It’s not the clearest weather and it’s a bit windy; and it’s forecast to pick up as the day progresses. 
I’m not sure I’d like to be tendering ashore today. 
But then again we’re booked to take a boat ride to Hamilton Island today! 

7B4A65AE-D5DD-4CA5-A16A-9250F5C8F2D1.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Ship Ahoy!

An early glimpse of the Pacific Encounter for us before we board her in Brisbane on Saturday. 
This photo was taken from the balcony of the unit we're staying in at Airlie Beach this week. 
It’s not the clearest weather and it’s a bit windy; and it’s forecast to pick up as the day progresses. 

The weather has been pretty ordinary for much of the east coast. As best I can tell, Adventure left Moreton Island early yesterday, and I can only presume it was too rough to tender. Hopefully we will see a break in the weather on Saturday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

The weather has been pretty ordinary for much of the east coast. As best I can tell, Adventure left Moreton Island early yesterday, and I can only presume it was too rough to tender. Hopefully we will see a break in the weather on Saturday.

It’s been pretty good up here in Airlie Beach. 
My elder sister had to go home early for work. 😔

They flew to Brisbane on Tuesday and reported it was cold, wet, and windy upon arrival. 
We've been here since last Friday and today would be our "worst weather" day but I’ve been out for my morning constitutional in T-shirt and shorts! 
I will, however, take my light jacket to Hamilton Island today.

I'm more than happy to accept this as mid-Winter weather!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

We made it to Hamilton Island. It was an VERY bumpy ride! Even though we both took a Kwells before leaving DW had to make a quick dash to the loo. 

Oh no! Hope she feels better soon!

I never find kwells works 

I am super sensitive to travel sickness. 

The only combination that works for me is the lowest dose phenergan (10mg) the night before and a Trava Calm Original at least an hour before the tenders, ferries etc.

Same with going on land tours up places like the Gillies Range in Cairns.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mycruiseobsession said:

Oh no! Hope she feels better soon!

I never find kwells works 

I am super sensitive to travel sickness. 

The only combination that works for me is the lowest dose phenergan (10mg) the night before and a Trava Calm Original at least an hour before the tenders, ferries etc.

Same with going on land tours up places like the Gillies Range in Cairns.

DW had left the packet of Kwells in the unit at Arlie Beach, so upon arrival at Hamilton Island I popped into the chemist. I was served by the pharmacist and he suggested 2 x Trava Calm Orginal half an hour prior to boarding as a stronger drug than the Kwells. Apparently 10mg Phernergan is the next step up. Also both can make you drowsy.

The return journey was much smoother and I managed to get a couple more shots of the Pacific Encounter from the ferry. 

63308DE0-7FEB-47BC-9C4D-A9B5C87F93FC.jpeg

0F251C3A-CDD5-49B6-84B2-C8BC135FB861.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Apparently 10mg Phernergan is the next step up. Also both can make you drowsy.

Yes that's  why I only use 10mg rather than the suggested  20mg.

I have experimented over the years. I find 20mg makes me too drowsy the next day.

Usually the night before these high probability of travel sickness trips I just do the phenergan everynight before bed - have the best sleep 😁

But for example, on a tender day where it looks like it's going to be rough I also take one trava calm original an hour before. Have sometimes had to take another around 30 mins before the end of the day's return day trip - I can usually feel if I am still off.

Trava calm original does contain caffeine in an attempt to balance out the drowsiness and I am a coffee drinker, I will also have the odd energy drink! Heart seems to cope with it 😆

Hopefully the skies have cleared now? The rain radar looks promising. 

Edited by Mycruiseobsession
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mycruiseobsession said:

Yes that's  why I only use 10mg rather than the suggested  20mg.

I have experimented over the years. I find 20mg makes me too drowsy the next day.

Usually the night before these high probability of travel sickness trips I just do the phenergan everynight before bed - have the best sleep 😁

But for example, on a tender day where it looks like it's going to be rough I also take one trava calm original an hour before. Have sometimes had to take another around 30 mins before the end of the day's return day trip - I can usually feel if I am still off.

Trava calm original does contain caffeine in an attempt to balance out the drowsiness and I am a coffee drinker, I will also have the odd energy drink! Heart seems to cope with it 😆

Hopefully the skies have cleared now? The rain radar looks promising. 

I always struggle to sleep on planes. When we went to the UK I took 25mg of Phernergan and it had no effect. On the return trip I took 50mg and still didn’t sleep. A year or two later I’d had several sleepless nights at home and in desperation took 75mg. 😱 That did the trick but I did feel a bit doughy the next day. 

Since then I’ve found that 10mg will give me a good night's sleep. I suspect the 25mg tablets might have been a bit old. 🤷‍♂️

39 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I always struggle to sleep on planes. When we went to the UK I took 25mg of Phernergan and it had no effect. On the return trip I took 50mg and still didn’t sleep. A year or two later I’d had several sleepless nights at home and in desperation took 75mg. 😱 That did the trick but I did feel a bit doughy the next day. 

Since then I’ve found that 10mg will give me a good night's sleep. I suspect the 25mg tablets might have been a bit old. 🤷‍♂️

Who know's? Our bodies and minds do the strangest things.

I think Phernergan works for sleep if you're not overly anxious about something 🤔  but if you are, then a medication like a prescribed valium would be needed in that scenario.

I only use the10mg for travel sickness. Not tried it to actually treat insomnia as it says it can on the pack.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 8:02 AM, Sparky74 said:

Ship Ahoy!

Sorry, no wave. The Captain decided to ditch Moreton Island, and we are just leaving the Sunny Coast. Have a great cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

The Pacific Encounter at Brisbane International Cruise Terminal this morning. 

IMG_7915.jpeg

Pity the weather wasn't better. The old girl looks so much better when she's kissed by the sun.