Penthouse Suite Edge Class vs Solstice Class

In March we really enjoyed the penthouse suite on the Apex, it worked especially great as our daughter had her own bedroom.

We recently were assigned another Penthouse on the Eclipse through the move up program next month to Bermuda.
What are the differences from the Edge Class Penthouse vs the Penthouse on the Eclipse.

I noticed the Eclipse does not have a 2nd bedroom so where would the 3rd and 4th guest sleep? 
Can we expect the same benefits, 2 bottles of alcohol, monogram PJ's, unlimited speciality dining? 
Thank you in advance for your replies!

4 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

In March we really enjoyed the penthouse suite on the Apex, it worked especially great as our daughter had her own bedroom.

We recently were assigned another Penthouse on the Eclipse through the move up program next month to Bermuda.
What are the differences from the Edge Class Penthouse vs the Penthouse on the Eclipse.

I noticed the Eclipse does not have a 2nd bedroom so where would the 3rd and 4th guest sleep? 
Can we expect the same benefits, 2 bottles of alcohol, monogram PJ's, unlimited speciality dining? 
Thank you in advance for your replies!

We have not been in the Penthouse on E Class but sailed in the Penthouse on Equinox (similar suite to Eclipse). There was a pull out sofa for additional guests as well as a 2nd full bathroom and closet for clothes. Perks on the ships are all the same for upper suites. Enjoy!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Would suggest you go to   Cruise Deck Plans and look at full details

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/Celebrity-Edge

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/Celebrity-Silhouette

Major differences will be immediately apparent   Notably E-Class 2 Bedrooms and S-Class with 1 Bedroom and a huge Living room with Sofa Bed  -  By your description of your last cruise this could be problematic for your daughter.

All of the benefits are the same but E-Class have more Specialty Restaurants for free dining.   Also when you look at the link above you will notice the PH on E-Class is about 200 SQ Ft larger (the size of the 2nd bedroom). 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

We have sailed in both. While we like the PH on E class, we don't need the 2nd bedroom but that did not stop us from booking it on our next cruise. The big disappointment for us is the lack of a water feature on the deck of the PH on E class, and the deck is not conducive to entertaining, it is just too long and narrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have not cruised on E class but have thoroughly enjoyed the S class PH with our adult son using the sofa bed in the lounge. 

The sofa bed was reported as being very comfortable. It magically was put up and away by our room attendant leaving a fabulous lounge to enjoy as a family during the day.

The suite itself is a decadence of light and space…Plenty of storage and a second bathroom.

Only negative is you do exit/enter the suite through the lounge so if your daughter sleeps in then you need to creep out for breakfast. Not a deal breaker for us.

As others have said perks are the same…

• Thanks 1

Just sailed in the PH on Eclipse, all the same benefits you mentioned. The Eclipse is due for dry dock next spring. It has not been revolutionized, so the Retreat lounge is Michael’s Club and there is no suite sundeck. I have some pictures if you are interested. 

22 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We have sailed in both. While we like the PH on E class, we don't need the 2nd bedroom but that did not stop us from booking it on our next cruise. The big disappointment for us is the lack of a water feature on the deck of the PH on E class, and the deck is not conducive to entertaining, it is just too long and narrow.

The only negative thing on edge penthouse was the so called balcony totally covered , my wife isn’t a sun worshiper so she liked it , I didn’t, but you are really close to the outside retreat.

• Thanks 1

Not a PH post but my DW and I sailed on Millie post revolutionised and had a CS. Big, lots of space and a dining table to boot. Sailed on Edge last summer in Aus in a CS. No where near the same space and no dining table and a very cramped bedroom! Not the same and considering the price I'm wondering where Celebrity is thinking in terms of repeat guests. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2024 at 5:30 PM, RosieRoo said:

Just sailed in the PH on Eclipse, all the same benefits you mentioned. The Eclipse is due for dry dock next spring. It has not been revolutionized, so the Retreat lounge is Michael’s Club and there is no suite sundeck. I have some pictures if you are interested. 

That would be wonderful! Thank you so much!

On 6/30/2024 at 4:13 PM, sixpackeddie said:

Lots of good information already given! I have sailed many times in all of the different ship class PHs. The S class has a much larger balcony than the E class because part of the E class PH room has a jut out similar to an IV room. The inside cabin space is a little larger on the E class because of this (not the extra bedroom) and I find the S class has more dead space (large open area in the bathroom and where the piano is located) whereas the E class makes better use of the bathroom and living room space. Obviously having the extra bedroom is nicer when traveling with more than two people but you will be well accommodated after discussing your preferences with your butler. If you continue to book a PH and you like to spend time in your suite, check out the PH on the M class ships. They have an adjoining sky suite if desired as a second bedroom and a great layout with the best balcony of any ship I have sailed. The M class PH has a square footprint that allows a nice layout of the space compared to the other Celebrity ships that have to work with the long and narrow space afforded by putting many regular cabins together.

Have a great trip!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, billc23 said:

Lots of good information already given! I have sailed many times in all of the different ship class PHs. The S class has a much larger balcony than the E class because part of the E class PH room has a jut out similar to an IV room. The inside cabin space is a little larger on the E class because of this (not the extra bedroom) and I find the S class has more dead space (large open area in the bathroom and where the piano is located) whereas the E class makes better use of the bathroom and living room space. Obviously having the extra bedroom is nicer when traveling with more than two people but you will be well accommodated after discussing your preferences with your butler. If you continue to book a PH and you like to spend time in your suite, check out the PH on the M class ships. They have an adjoining sky suite if desired as a second bedroom and a great layout with the best balcony of any ship I have sailed. The M class PH has a square footprint that allows a nice layout of the space compared to the other Celebrity ships that have to work with the long and narrow space afforded by putting many regular cabins together.

Have a great trip!

14 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

IMG_5973.jpeg

IMG_5974.jpeg

IMG_5975.jpeg

IMG_5976.jpeg

Thank you so much, looks beautiful! May I ask which stateroom number you were in?

I stayed in 1616 and 1611. They are the exact same room but reversed. The elevators from 1616 are on the same side as Luminae and Michael's club if that matters. I have a slight preference for 1616 for no real reason. The Reflection only has 1611 and is also the same layout. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

Thank you so much! Upon arrival at Cape Liberty is there a separate check in for retreat guests?

Yes. Go to the security line way over to the left when you enter the building. It’s for suites, but they don’t advertise it. Once thru security head over to the left and there’s a check in area and a roped off area for Retreat guests and Zenith. It’s not a separate room, but a separate area with snacks and drinks. Boarding starts somewhere between 10:30 and 11and you will be on first. Also there’s a separate drop off area for Retreat luggage along the curb. I didn’t see it until after I walked over to the terminal so dropped my bags with the regular port staff. 

• Thanks 1