Deployment 2026-27 Booking Season Begins

2 minutes ago, shay869 said:

I have heard a rumor from  someone at cruise industry, That Royal considering to replace the Odyssey at Rome  with the  Icon 3 on the itinerary to Greek Islands. 

I know it is sound unreal , because of  the size of greek ports , But as per my source  they considering it due to the high demand of US cruisers for cruises to greek Island. 

I thought Oasis/Icon ships don't do tender ports?  Have they ever? 

Mykonos and Santorini are both tender ports so that sounds unlikely...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, shay869 said:

I have heard a rumor from  someone at cruise industry, That Royal considering to replace the Odyssey at Rome  with the  Icon 3 on the itinerary to Greek Islands. 

I know it is sound unreal , because of  the size of greek ports , But as per my source  they considering it due to the high demand of US cruisers for cruises to greek Island. 

it will be good competition to the Viva of NCL  which have in similar route.    

Hopefully it will be come true. 

This could be the last straw if it happens. I can see multiple Greek islands being pulled out of the cruise port markets, at least to ships above a certain size. 

31 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

This could be the last straw if it happens. I can see multiple Greek islands being pulled out of the cruise port markets, at least to ships above a certain size. 

Not really i feel its all about passenger count. 

2/3 ships on the same day with 3k guest each or one big ship with 6k guests. Its not so much the size of ship but number of passengers on the same day. 

The greek islands are 100% tourism and its more to do with air bnb and forginers buying houses just to rent out all summer. Locals want tourists but not staying in air bnbs or all inclusive resorts. Its a fine balance to try work out. 

1 hour ago, Southern Dan said:

We were on Odyssey this year. Mykonos wasn’t tendered on either of the weeks we were on. I’ve only ever seen Santorini tendered (from multiple ships) but they have got more options in Santorini now so getting people ashore wasn’t an issue. One week we had approx 5400 people on board and the other was approx 5200. 

That said outside of the logistics, I don’t see RC putting Icon 3 in Europe because  their ship placement and itineraries show the region is very low on their priorities. 

1 hour ago, Southern Dan said:

Mykonos is both dock or tender. 

I can imagine an itinerary with Naples / Chania / Rhodes / Kusadasi / Athens ports to dock at. 

I’m in! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We are the other way having done Anthem both from Southampton and from new york i didnt enjoy the ship apart from the option of an indoor pool. 

We enjoyed Indy pre amp much more to our tastes. Just found the lay out better. Apart from lacking an inside pool. With indy now ampd it should hopefully be even more fun.

Having been on Oasis many times we have booked Allure for october 2025 as we love that class of ship. We are also taking my parents inlaw and my sister her bf and their tribe of 4 kids, they have been on brilliance but Allure will blow them away. 

Agree its sad that the barcelona itinerary is they same and they just swop out the ships. That said still a few places we want to go to now daughter is older and able ro get off and walk around more. 

But if Icon class were to sail the med it would for us just be the ship. Same as out of Miami have done that repetitive cruise with Oasis so Icon is just to experience the ship.

I took a 4 night on Indy last year  what was amped on it that you are looking forward to? We have spent 32 nights in total on that ship and really are just fed up of it.   On our Norway cruise on Anthem 40% of guests were American. The British were a long second and matched by Spanish cruisers nearly.

I feel that Europe has been scaled down tremendously since I first cruised in 2017. There used to be ships our of Amsterdam, Denmark, a ship in Dubai in the winter. Of course I'm not surprised as RC are 100% going after Florida theme park visitors who want to extend their holidays with a short cruise. Such a shame that next year there will be no Jewel from Amsterdam. I just reached Diamond but can't find much to excite me about cruising in Europe in the next few years. 

I just want to add a big thank you to all those that have been looking at port manifests to drag out information in advance. It's much appreciated even though I'm moaning a bit about European sailings I do want to see Allure with pesky parrot and Mason Jar. 🙂

Edited by sherrjo

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

MIA to BCN, Allure Feb 2025 (not other way)

I was always under impression that once purchased through UK travel agent you could not get price drops if your booked cruise drops in price (outside first 48 hours). 

Unlike other markets.  Apparently something to do with better consumer protection laws 🙄 🤔 

Hello,

If booked on board, a UK cruiser can make any number of changes (FOC) up to final payment date. So whilst this isn't a price reduction, you can change it to something/anything and then change it back to your original booking but at the lower price.

I'm now of the age where something that happened a couple of months ago turns out to be about 2 years ago. But I do remember a discussion (here?) about shopping around for the best country's T&Cs. The word from on high, or Miami, was that regardless of which country's system you used to booked, the T&Cs covering your booking would be those of where you are normally resident. Though how they would know provoked much argument.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Possibly because Harmony was not finished when she arrived in Southampton for those first sailings… it was a PR disaster. Wires hanging out everywhere, water flooding through ceilings, workmen drilling at all hours, shows not ready and … glass panel missing from pool deck leaving sheer drop to Central Park below. I was on those first 2 sailings. We got 50% refund for the first cruise and 25% for the second.

Similar situation on Quantum's first revenue sailing (TA from Southampton to Cape Liberty) on Nov 2, 2014.  We got an FCC, but I don't recall the amount.

8 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Similar situation on Quantum's first revenue sailing (TA from Southampton to Cape Liberty) on Nov 2, 2014.  We got an FCC, but I don't recall the amount.

I was on that one too! I sense a theme! 

Yes, it was a chunk of refundable FCC and I remember going up to the RCI lady that was in charge ( who was getting a really tough time from other guests) to thank her and say I was specifically going to buy a handbag with the cash to remember the cruise with. She was practically in tears with her thanks and hugged me, as she had got nothing but grief and abuse for days. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

She was practically in tears with her thanks and hugged me, as she had got nothing but grief and abuse for days. 

She got promoted to head Celebrity for a while. 

On 8/20/2024 at 1:55 PM, vjmatty said:

Let’s see….

1 on Enchantment

1 on Anthem

1 on Emerald Princess

1 on Queen Elizabeth 

1 on Queen Victoria

1 on Pacific Princess

2 on QE2

1 on QM2

Next year on Odyssey and Star Princess.

Our favorite cruises are the transatlantic and the transpacific as we absolutely love sea days!

Up Nest - Explore TA  2 Nov and then Anthem TP - April 2025!  

2 - Mariner TA

1 - Legend TA

1 - Splendour TA

1 - Celebrity Solstice  TP

2 - Harmony TA

1 - Radiance TP

1 - Jewel TA

1 - Rapsody TA

1 - Anthem TA

1 - Odyssey TA

1 - Symphony TA

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sherrjo said:

I took a 4 night on Indy last year  what was amped on it that you are looking forward to? We have spent 32 nights in total on that ship and really are just fed up of it.   On our Norway cruise on Anthem 40% of guests were American. The British were a long second and matched by Spanish cruisers nearly.

I feel that Europe has been scaled down tremendously since I first cruised in 2017. There used to be ships our of Amsterdam, Denmark, a ship in Dubai in the winter. Of course I'm not surprised as RC are 100% going after Florida theme park visitors who want to extend their holidays with a short cruise. Such a shame that next year there will be no Jewel from Amsterdam. I just reached Diamond but can't find much to excite me about cruising in Europe in the next few years. 

I just want to add a big thank you to all those that have been looking at port manifests to drag out information in advance. It's much appreciated even though I'm moaning a bit about European sailings I do want to see Allure with pesky parrot and Mason Jar. 🙂

As we will have a 11 year old who is part fish she loves water slides and pools with more then standing room only. Hence why we enjoy ampd ships rather then as we call them retro ships ( just pools and hot tubs). 

I totally understand with 32 nights on any ship. I dont think i could do that without plenty of different ships inbetween. We reach diamond post Allure in 2025 however as with you there is nothing exciting out there for us and our dau. When shes much older will look at further a field, such as Japan and the far east. But with another cruise line. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

. We reach diamond post Allure in 2025 however as with you there is nothing exciting out there for us and our dau. When shes much older will look at further a field, such as Japan and the far east. But with another cruise line. 

After our September Anthem we'll be 3 points from diamond plus, but like you nothing excites in Europe next year and nothing booked.

We're looking at more celebrity sailings now 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, CountryStyleMe said:

you do actually ... Allure Of The Seas Transatlantic for 1 person from Barcelona to Miami next year (February 2025) I was quoted £2,800.00 including the flights with a balcony Cabin over looking central park. (that was over £2,000 cheaper than P&O Cruises and £3,000 cheaper than cruises I looked at or was quoted for on MSC Virtuosa, Norwegian Prima, Cunard Queen Anne and Celebrity Apex combined)

That's actually not bad including flights.  My roommate is paying $3900 USD for a midship OV balcony cabin by herself on the Allure WB TA next year.  Your £2,800.00 is our $3,600 USD right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

After our September Anthem we'll be 3 points from diamond plus, but like you nothing excites in Europe next year and nothing booked.

Ugh.  I hate being just a few points shy of the next level.  At least I'll be making Diamond + on the Allure TA next year.  I doubt I'll ever make Pinnacle, but never say never!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

This is true. Once booked you cannot ring up and reprice your cruise if you see a cheaper cruise. For UK passengers, or should i say booked via uk based TAs, phone or direct on royal website

That just sucks.  I'm so bummed for all of you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Hello,

There are only two things in 2025 that excite me: August on Celebrity where I can give my newly granted Zenith perks a thrashing and September on Indy when I'll achieve 1050 C&A points - and what do points mean?

2026 Looks dire. I've nothing under 'possibles' on RCI (if 2026 = 2025), 3 possibles on Celebrity (if 2026 = 2025), 2 possibles on NCL, 3 on MSC, 1 on Ambassador (don't laugh - I can walk to the port from my house), 3 on Cunard, 7 on P&O and 4 on Princess.

There are two things where even an old rust bucket like Liberty scores over Anthem: (1) The ice rink; (2) The view from the Crown Lounge on 14. On Anthem all you usually get on 4 is a view of the concrete of the breakwater or the pier.

Regards,

Cublet

On 7/24/2024 at 9:08 PM, jjtt said:

Hi all! Does anyone know if Iceland/Greenland will be offered? Yes, I know this is all speculation. Just curious as we were not able to go before. Thanks

P&O Cruises Arcadia is doing a 21 Night Norway and Iceland Cruise from 1st - 22nd August 2025 departing from and returning back into Southampton, UK.

Celebrity Cruises were doing a Ireland, Scotland and Iceland cruise I think in September 2024 from Southampton, UK. 

I’m on the Oasis at the moment and on last nights Top Tier event, they said an Icon class would be coming to Europe along with Harmony in 2026.

They were vague on which Icon ship would be coming in the event itself but when I spoke to an officer later he seemed to think it was Star of the Seas not Icon of the Seas or Icon 3.