Deployment 2026-27 Booking Season Begins

On 7/30/2024 at 7:00 PM, Svennimo said:

There’s probably no room for a reasonable tour to New Zealand, is there?

28/12-6/1 and 1/2-12/2 will be New Zealand. The February one will be both north and south islands

8 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I sure would love a voyager class or freedom class to homeport in San Juan again. I'm tired of the little ships being the only option for years on end. 

I'll take your discarded Radiance class in Baltimore.  🙂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I sure would love a voyager class or freedom class to homeport in San Juan again. I'm tired of the little ships being the only option for years on end. 

Honestly, I would love to see Voyager come to Boston again, and they could follow that up with a San Juan deployment as they did in 2022. I know Radiance class is what is almost always used in the Boston deployment, but I have so many fond memories from my first cruise on Voyager. Would love to do it again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Hopefully we will get some longer sailing! 

12 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Agree, miss the Radiance Class Boston-Florida 12-15 nite Repos with 10-11 nite Caribbean Sailings after. Usually carrying about 80% Capacity, almost no Families, 10-25 Kids with many SOLO like me. Most these were same price or Cheaper then 7niters on Largest Classes, so not Surprised but disappointed at loss of longer 10-14 Cruises 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, miss the Radiance Class Boston-Florida 12-15 nite Repos with 10-11 nite Caribbean Sailings after. Usually carrying about 80% Capacity, almost no Families, 10-25 Kids with many SOLO like me. Most these were same price or Cheaper then 7niters on Largest Classes, so not Surprised but disappointed at loss of longer 10-14 Cruises 

I was booked on the 12 night Tampa to Boston Repo on Serenade in 2023, and was so looking forward to it. Hated having to cancel. Really wish they would offer it again. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gallagher123123 said:

I was booked on the 12 night Tampa to Boston Repo on Serenade in 2023, and was so looking forward to it. Hated having to cancel. Really wish they would offer it again. 

That was my first reverse Repo going Florida to Boston. Always enjoyed these Repos, did 9 out of 11yrs they went. Been Lucky replacing them with Panama Canal Cruises getting great rates at first and now just OK. Completed 3 them last 22months, 1 more scheduled this Fall and 2 in 2025. Three of these were 16nites, a 15, 14 and 13.

The big question with Radiance ships is if they will be still used on the Alaska Seward turn arounds with the pier being upgraded to take Quantum ships. Royal has signed a deal with the Railway. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure if this will have any effect on future deployments:

Royal Caribbean's Marc Miller jumps to Silversea (seatrade-cruise.com)

There is a fair bit of movement within the family.  Likely a good way for Marc to increase rank coming from a top heavy organization.  It’s a small industry.  Could be a grooming role for the future.  I wouldn’t think his move will impact Royal’s somewhat common mass market itineraries.  

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

The big question with Radiance ships is if they will be still used on the Alaska Seward turn arounds with the pier being upgraded to take Quantum ships. Royal has signed a deal with the Railway. 

The Alaska deployment will be one to watch for sure. 

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

Honestly I enjoyed Ovation's sole visit to Hubbard Glacier.  No other Q class has visited since.  

I look forward to Q class in Seward if it means more Hubbard visits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Honestly I enjoyed Ovation's sole visit to Hubbard Glacier.  No other Q class has visited since.  

So you're saying it's your fault?

I've convinced (or, I think I have) my wife to go on another Alaskan cruise since she showed interest in the one-way.  I'm actually hoping 2026 has a Q class on that route.

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

I wonder if RCG will buy their own trains? Voyager of the rails .

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

See, the Royal Railway on Utopia is really a shadow op for this effort.

I haven’t thought about that ,subliminal advertising and here comes a Next cruise sales rep.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

So you're saying it's your fault?

I've convinced (or, I think I have) my wife to go on another Alaskan cruise since she showed interest in the one-way.  I'm actually hoping 2026 has a Q class on that route.

Yes! 

The Canadian inside passage is overrated.  I've done it several times.  Most of it is in darkness.  When I have done it in daylight it's not something to define a cruise around.  One time while eating in the MDR there were Orcas outside our window for a split second.  Blink!  Sorry you missed it.

Give me Q class and sitting at the NorthStar bar watching Alaska sail past every time.  

Vancouver remains a challenge for Q class.  They need a new cruise terminal on the other side of the Lions Gate Bridge to seal the deal to compliment the Seward expansion.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, twangster said:

I would look forward to it too.  

Edited by barbeyg

Much as I hate to admit it, since I’ve been sailing and enjoying RC a lot over the past few years, but RC is really not the best cruise line for Alaska. It would be nice if this could improve. 

• Like 1