Getting good espresso coffee with breakfast in La Veranda

For our upcoming first Regent cruise on Splendor I’m just wondering how best to get good coffee with our buffet breakfast. On Seabourn we get takeaways from the barista and take them up to breakfast as the push button coffee machines just aren’t as good. Should we do the same on Regent?

The waiters in La Veranda do use the push button coffee machines to fill orders so if you don't like the machines you might want to stop by Coffee Corner.

• Like 2

On the Mariner last year we asked for and received Cappuccinos which were reasonably decent. After the first couple of days the waiters knew our preferences and brought the coffees not long after we sat down. 

• Like 1

On Splendor now--at Nuuk, Greenland. 

No difference discerned in quality between ordering a cappuccino at Coffee Connection or La Veranda. 

GOARMY!

• Like 1

La Veranda has a coffee machine behind where the cereals are and a barista so you can order fresh coffees from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Qld13 said:

La Veranda has a coffee machine behind where the cereals are and a barista so you can order fresh coffees from there.

Is that on all Regent ships?

I know that the last time I was on the Navigator in 2019 that you could hear the steam coming from the coffee machines in La Veranda.  I am not a coffee person so I cannot tell you what the offerings were or how it tasted. 

I had the same question.  We tend to eat at la Veranda for breakfast so I suppose I shall have to figure out where the machine is amongst the cereals!!   Double espressos for us with breakfast every day.

21 hours ago, mj_holiday said:
23 hours ago, Qld13 said:

Is that on all Regent ships?

Definitely on Splendor and Grandeur but not sure on Explorer

You really do not need o find the machine, just ask your server.  Your server will bring you what you want even if they have to go elsewhere on the ship to get it.

I'm in the opposite position. I like freshly made drip coffee at breakfast, but not from espresso machines. La Veranda's drip is good. Coffee Connection (on Explorer ships) doesn't have it unless I get a French Press. 

I’ve had good luck in La Veranda and Compass Rose asking for an Americano. In the Coffee Connection on the Explorer class ships, I like French Press coffee.

Dave

• Like 1

21 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

I’m shocked the tea drinkers haven’t jumped in here.   Mind you I don’t need coffee or tea to get going!  Have a good day you caffeine lovers!  

I am a tea drinker and can't function before I have had a strong brew. I requested an electric kettle in my suite and fresh milk in my fridge. Happy lady, and as a result, happy DH!

• Like 3

On 7/3/2024 at 4:15 PM, irishwitchy said:

I’m shocked the tea drinkers haven’t jumped in here.   Mind you I don’t need coffee or tea to get going!  Have a good day you caffeine lovers!  

Since the title of the thread refers to coffee I think this thread doesn't apply to tea.  Why not start your own thread if tea is important to you ?  (It is to me but only at 1600...has to be Earl Grey and no sugar no milk!)