Cancellation Fee

Jim_Iain

We are looking at booking our first RSS cruise for 2026.    I've been searching and reading but only seem to be getting more confused.

The Cruise will be a 35 Day cruise - Cape Town to Miami via Lisbon.   May of 2026.

When I look at the cancellation fee -   First can someone explain what RS and MS-H mean.   I can't find any explanation. 

My main question is.    If I booked and pay the Deposit today and need to cancel before Final Payment Date,   Will I get my full deposit back less the $100 per person administrative fee.   Are there any other gotcha's I need to be aware of?

image.thumb.png.0db9ab8f230bf30fd1e151d784b4a145.png

When it has been necessary for us to cancel a cruise prior to the final payment, Regent has refunded all money paid less $100/pp.  If you book another trip (within a period of time that escapes me at the moment) the cancellation fee can then be applied to the new cruise.

If you purchase trip insurance for the amount of the deposit to secure pre-existing condition coverage, the amount of that premium is forfeited.

A good travel agent that specializes in Regent cruises can answer any question you might have and guide you through the process.

Edited by shuguley

We recently canceled two cruises and the administration fees transferred as credits to a cruise that is coming up for full payment in a couple of days. Whether you get the credit or not may depend upon whether a credit was allowed when you booked the cruise.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

Thanks all.    I do have a good travel agent but was just trying to get our head around RSS before we call RSS or our agent to proceed.   Every time I look at RSS site I get an email from them. 

Just trying to be proactive and understand how things work.   On Celebrity which we have mostly sailed if you cancel you loose your full deposit but can shift it to another cruise for $100pp.    We have never cancelled a cruise in 24 years but next need to figure out if if makes sense to take out the insurance or buy insurance externally.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Redking said:

@Jim_Iain hello stranger. Sorry I can't help with the question, rules may differ in NZ? Your voyage sounds fabulous. We're on our first Regent trip this October and November. Cheers for now.

Imagine meeting you here.   Hate to say it but I had never heard of Regent Seven Seas before but found a Cruise that really interests me.      I've always wanted to see South Africa and take a per-cruise side trip to Victoria Falls and do a Safari.   This cruise combined with a TA is just up my alley.

Getting close and have Iain 75% on-board.  

Where are you off to next?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Imagine meeting you here.   Hate to say it but I had never heard of Regent Seven Seas before but found a Cruise that really interests me.      I've always wanted to see South Africa and take a per-cruise side trip to Victoria Falls and do a Safari.   This cruise combined with a TA is just up my alley.

Getting close and have Iain 75% on-board.  

Where are you off to next?

I had a memory that your previous Africa plans had gone awry, Crystal bankruptcy? It's on our bucket list too. 

We're off to Japan. Pre cruise family gathering followed by B2B on the Explorer. Toyko to Hong Kong then Hong Kong to Bangkok taking in Vietnam and Singapore. Kinda local for us and a trip down memory lane as I grew up in HK.

75%? The deal is all but sealed with Iain 😆

21 hours ago, Redking said:

I had a memory that your previous Africa plans had gone awry, Crystal bankruptcy? It's on our bucket list too. 

We're off to Japan. Pre cruise family gathering followed by B2B on the Explorer. Toyko to Hong Kong then Hong Kong to Bangkok taking in Vietnam and Singapore. Kinda local for us and a trip down memory lane as I grew up in HK.

75%? The deal is all but sealed with Iain 😆

Sounds like a wonderful cruise with the family. 

After all our Asian cruises this year we are going to take an Asia break.   Those long flights are a killer. 

• Like 1