Quantum-class fans?

irun5k

13 hours ago, mikegrip said:

I enjoy quantum class for the size of the ship and several of the reasons you mentioned-especially music hall design.  I also find Celebrity Edge class to feel similar to Quantum class

Yes Q-Class ships and Celebrity E-Class ships have a similar feel in some ways - but not in other aspects (like balconies vs IV's).  We did Anthem and Edge.  Anthem felt a bit more crowded.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Just overall was really surprised that the ship didn't feel too "indoors" and it didn't feel too small.

I agree and feel the indoor spaces on Quantum class feel a little "less indoors" than the indoor space on Oasis.  Venues like 270 or even small things like being able to sit at a booth by a window in Sorrentos make a difference here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irun5k said:

Quantum class feel a little "less indoors" than the indoor space on Oasis.

Agreed.

Oasis Class is very predominantly "inner" focused, you don't see the ocean much anywhere.

Quantum Class is very "outer" focused, more so than even Vision&Radiance Class ships. You see the ocean in most of the major public spaces (SeaPlex, 270, WJ + outdoor aft seating, Solarium the very very best in the entire fleet for viewing, etc).

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Yes, a big fan.

That said, I haven't sailed all the classes, especially the ones after. But Quantum is my favourite of those I've tried in RCL, and high amongst all lines.

Icon is the only class after Quantum class.

Vision (1995-1998), Voyager (1999-2003), Radiance (2001-2004), Freedom (2006-2008), Oasis (2009-2028), Quantum (2014-2021*), Icon (2023-2026)

* Includes Quantum Ultra

We love the Quantum class also.

A LOT of the negative press from these ships came from the failed Main Dining concept when they first launched.

OP, you already mentioned most of the positives, but we also find the Solarium and Solarium bistro exceptional on this class.

Two70 and the Music hall are stand out venues for us vs other classes.

There is still just enough of a Promenade/Esplanade to keep us happy.  We are NOT fans of ships with the round centrums by the forward and aft elevators.  

The biggest drawbacks, by far, to the early Quantum ships is the chopped up Main Dining Room.  Love that they resolved this with later versions like Odyssey.  Another can be that the Esplanade can get cramped at times.  However, I like the indoor pool on the Quantum/Anthem more than another outdoor pool on the Odyssey.  However I LOVE that Odyssey has a Playmakers.

So yes, we have NO PROBLEM with sailing on the Quantum class.

Cheers.

13 hours ago, irun5k said:

Agreed, Schooner Bar on Oasis might as well be Guest Services. For a signature bar with a nautical theme, I feel it should be more enclosed and/or have a better presence.   It isn't fully enclosed on Quantum either but the ambiance is much better.

This bar is perfect on Vision class (and probably Radiance class). On every larger ship it has own unique issues.

•  On Voyager and Freedom class ships, the space is rather small, with a bar inconveniently placed that obstructs the view of the scene
  •  On Quantum class it is actually pretty good after soundproofing Music Hall.. I do not like people constantly passing through that area though.
  •  On Oasis class we mostly use chairs close to a platform overhanging the promenade where musical groups perform and rarely to listen Schooner performers...
Edited by Tatka

Odyssey is currently our favorite ship. Have sailed on her 3 different times. Love all things about 270, love the Seaplex but missed the stools along the railing in Playmakers when we did the TA in April. Did finally get to do the bumper cars. Agree that I'm not sure how well she'll do sailing out of the NE. But that may just be me wishing they hadn't moved her north.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edrussell said:

One nitpicky thing is that the location of Boardwalk Doghouse is less than optimal.

It does seem to be just sort of stuck in there, my observation was that it is almost an afterthought.  I did get a brat there once and it was very good, but it never seemed to be that busy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We love the Quantum class also.

A LOT of the negative press from these ships came from the failed Main Dining concept when they first launched.

We LOVED Dynamic Dining when there was 4 main restaurants with 100% different cuisines.

However food is not our #1 priority anymore ... the less the better. It takes me tons of effort to stay in shape with 5 cruises a year. 🙂

From what I remember our main issues on our #1 and #2 cruises on  Anthem was crowds control. At that time Coco Cay was still tendering. It was fixed later and we learned how to cook Anthem.

Very important thing in this discussion is climate.

We cruise

• Quantum class for Thanksgiving, And to deep Caribbeans in January. Out of Bayonne. You cannot find better ships to do this from that port..

• Vision class out of Baltimore in March ... 12 days ... to deep Caribbeans. Well some issues, but this ship is also good for sailing out of colder climates. Indoor Solarium and nice views from Centrum and VCL
  • Oasis class is perfect for May/June out of Bayonne
  • Voyager/Freedom class for late August - September is great for NE/Canada ... I wish it had covered Solarium... but some parts are... It has something larger ships don't. Viking Crown Lounge... and most still have Crown club there too.

We

• Like 2

4 hours ago, irun5k said:

It does seem to be just sort of stuck in there, my observation was that it is almost an afterthought.  I did get a brat there once and it was very good, but it never seemed to be that busy.

I never thought the Doghouse was anything special on the O class ships. I don't miss it when I'm on a ship without it.