Platinum & Elite Lounge: what/when/where is this?

Canuker

The perks list ("Captain's Circle loyalty program ") quotes the "Platinum & Elite Lounge" as one of them.

I've read about this on another, old, thread but the reports were very varied about what, exactly, this is - and isn't.

We're on the Emerald soon, Elite status; assuming it's much the same on all vessels, can someone who has experienced it lately give some details, please.

Thanks,

Canuker

Not sure where it is on the Emerald at the moment, but last time we sailed on her it was in Skywalker's Nightclub. On our more recent cruises on the Sky, it has been in the Vista Lounge. It is basically a cocktail hour with reduced price drinks and a small buffet of light bites. Generally, starts at 5 p.m. and you can just walk in and help yourself to the nibbles and order an $8 cocktail. There is a limited menu of cocktails available, but several are quite good. We enjoy it as a predinner stop some evenings.

On your cruise it will probably be in Skywalkers.  I love that because of the great views.  If there are too many PES guests on board, they might switch it to Vista Lounge (Club Fusion?) which is about 100% view free.  Some of the food is good--shrimp cocktail, guacamole, California rolls, etc.  Some of it is just cheese and crackers.

We've attended on Enchanted and Caribbean.  Neither was busy (except the Captain's Circle event).  The nibbles on Caribbean were far better and more varied than Enchanted.  There will be a notice in your cabin when you board that will give you details about location and times.

We have experienced some pretty good munchies and some pretty meh munchies. Usually there is a card in the cabin telling you what will be available each night but we have also had a cruise with no card and pretty much the exact same (and unexciting) offerings every single night. If you have Plus or Premier you can order as usual or get one of the "special" cocktails. If you don't have a package you can enjoy a choice of maybe 6 specialty cocktails at a reduced price. This is what I used to do when I didn't have a beverage package. We have early dinner so the nosh is a bit too close to our normal dining time but sometimes, if the offerings are decent, we just have the PES nosh and skip "real" dinner.

1 hour ago, Canuker said:

OP here. My mistake; we will be aboard the Enchanted, not the Emerald. So I'm guessing it'll be in the Vista Lounge...?

The location will be indicated in the first day’s Daily Patter. 

You should receive a letter in your cabin listing your elite events and will have the location of the lounge.  There are discounted drink menu but if you have a package I would suggest ordering what you want.  Other elite events will also be listed as well.

8 hours ago, Canuker said:

OP here. My mistake; we will be aboard the Enchanted, not the Emerald. So I'm guessing it'll be in the Vista Lounge...?

You are guessing right.  It will be in the Vista Lounge.

1 hour ago, flying fingers said:

Anyone remember which drinks are on special?  I remember them offering a different eac evening in the past. Some were quite good. 

Here is a thread that includes a photo of the menu. It's always the same menu each night. My favorite is the Deep Sea. DH likes the Port Lemonade. 

Dreamin of the sea,

We have always been able to take in a guest or two with us who were not elite or platinum with us. My mother came along with us for years til she finally got platinum. We have also brought in my wife's brother and his wife who are ruby without a problem. The food and drinks in the lounge have really gone down hill since Covid. We sailed on the Regal in March of this year and the elite lounge was set up in the Vista Show lounge and there was maybee 10 to 20 people max that were in the lounge at one time.

7 hours ago, dreamin'ofthesea said:

I’ll be platinum after my next cruise but my husband will still be ruby. Can he come to a platinum event with me or is it only for me?

It depends on the ship, but if you use your medallion to order (and pay?) for the drinks, no one will know.  It's been a long time since I saw staff checking status at the door.

2 minutes ago, Kay S said:

It depends on the ship, but if you use your medallion to order (and pay?) for the drinks, no one will know.  It's been a long time since I saw staff checking status at the door.

The CC host or whoever was checking medallions as we entered the CC event each evening on our March 2024 Enchanted cruise. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cruisepest said:

The food and drinks in the lounge have really gone down hill since Covid. We sailed on the Regal in March of this year and the elite lounge was set up in the Vista Show lounge and there was maybee 10 to 20 people max that were in the lounge at one time.

Interesting that is your perspective. I guess it varies by ship.

We have found that the offerings in at the PES gathering are much much better than they used to be on several ships. They often have a little salad, little entree, dessert etc.--much more selection than pre-covid.

Edited by dreaminofcruisin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Interesting that is your perspective. I guess it varies by ship.

We have found that the offerings in at the PES gathering are much much better than they used to be on several ships. They often have a little salad, little entree, dessert etc.--much more selection than pre-covid.

Have to agree with this. Seems like much more variety and I really don’t remember hot items prior to COVID, but on all of our recent cruises there has been sausage rolls and deep fried breaded shrimp in addition to all the cold items, crudités, cheeses, and other small bites. I love how they are putting some of the offerings in small individual serving containers as well. Definitely feels a bit more upscale of late. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doghog said:

The CC host or whoever was checking medallions as we entered the CC event each evening on our March 2024 Enchanted cruise. 

Ship to ship. I guess.  I know they collect invitations from guests at the door to the Captain's cocktail party, but for PES I've seen people just waltz on in (more times than not.)  The last cruise I took was on the Royal, and the event was so badly attended, they should have been out in the hall recruiting newbies!  

• Haha 1