Coco cay

I think I agree with the majority here, so my opinions may be more of a summary:  

- I can easily afford either option, but I don't see value in them.  They're not how I choose to spend.  I love the basic seats and will gladly spend the whole day in one -- I do try to get up and off the ship early to grab a prime seat.  

- Sure, the Beach Club is more upscale, but I really like the "free lunch", which is different from the Windjammer's typical daily offerings.  

- If I were traveling in the winter, I might be willing to pay for Hideaway to get use of the heated pool -- but I would choose a chair far from the music.  

• Like 4

On 7/6/2024 at 8:17 AM, artvlay said:

Going off topic a little bit. We are going in September. Will the pool water be warm? We usually go in January and the pool water is freezing.

Also, we are going on Symphony that arrives at 8. There will be a Celebrity ship that would have arrived at 7. If we get off ASAP will we be able to get chairs by the pool?

Might be a dumb question... Is there an easy way to find out what ships will be at Coco Cay at the same time?

13 minutes ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

Might be a dumb question... Is there an easy way to find out what ships will be at Coco Cay at the same time?

Yes, just google the schedule.

• Thanks 1

I just Googled Coco Cay's schedule for October.  We will be on the Freedom.  The Wonder will be docking at the same time.  With a total of over 9,000 passengers, we will be staying on the ship!  My grandchildren can play in the pool and ride the slides for free.

5 minutes ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I feel stupid for asking that question. Sorry for wasting your time!

Not at all, if my post came off as snarky, it most definitely wasn't meant to be.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I feel stupid for asking that question. Sorry for wasting your time!

This is the place to come to ask any questions, if you don't know the answer it's not a dumb question!

Enjoy your cruise and Coco Cay. Cruisemapper.com has a port schedule for each port. Please reach out if you need further assistance, very happy to help.

Edited by cruise1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, scidee said:

I would be interested in which part of the island is best for Boys ages 4 & 7????

There's a free kids water park near the entrance.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Pricing depends on your ship.  My Icon was the $43.99.  It's never sunk to $20 bucks.  But I still check.  Today it's back up to $50.99...score!

Edited by BecciBoo

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

There's a free kids water park near the entrance.

Absolutely agree that this will wear them out in about 90 minutes of action, sun, water, and fun.

They can then refuel themselves at lunch and do some other free beaches and water activities for about two hours before they crash. They will have more fun there than waiting in line for a paid waterslide.

Plenty to do at that age without spending any additional money.

The Oasis Lagoon pool is free and I have seen all ages just have so much fun there. The depth of the pool goes from inches into feet over a huge area so everyone can feel comfortable at their own level of fun.

Plenty of life jackets available for extra safety.

Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/5/2024 at 2:10 PM, OCSC Mike said:

I’ve passed at $19.99, $22.99, & $22.99 for my last 2 and upcoming 1.

I have seen similar prices to prices in the $30s the last half dozen times I have been to Coco Cay. I have been to Hideaway Beach three times this year, but that was in February and March when the water in the Oasis Lagoon pool and ocean is too cold for me.  The heated pool was really nice those days. During the warmer weather, Hideaway Beach loses its appeal to me. 

• Like 2

Just now, Iamthesea said:

Do you all set alerts on your app to see if prices go down, or are you constantly checking your reservation?

How do you set alerts for this?

Cococay pricing has gotten out of hand recently...as PP's have said before, we can afford many of the options but the value for our money just isn't there for us personally. The adults only section sounded amazing until I heard it's very loud and you cannot get away from the DJ/Senor Frog vibes. While that is fine for many people, it is just not our thing and I think we wouldn't want to spend the day there so Hideaway is out for us. Typically, we book a beachside "cabana" and make it a home base for the day. We have a place to put our towels and things and while one of us enjoys the solitude of the beach, the rest of us can roam around and we don't have to fight anyone for space or find an obscure place to regroup. I do not mind paying for a home base situation but I don't like how they are slowly sectioning off the island into "pay to play" areas. The whole island was free 15 years ago. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

Cococay pricing has gotten out of hand recently

Depends on the sailing. I've actually seen much lower prices for stuff like Hideaway, beach club, cabanas, water park tix, etc. on several of my cruises over the past year.

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 hours ago, mandyleighflies said:

Cococay pricing has gotten out of hand recently...as PP's have said before, we can afford many of the options but the value for our money just isn't there for us personally. The adults only section sounded amazing until I heard it's very loud and you cannot get away from the DJ/Senor Frog vibes. While that is fine for many people, it is just not our thing and I think we wouldn't want to spend the day there so Hideaway is out for us. Typically, we book a beachside "cabana" and make it a home base for the day. We have a place to put our towels and things and while one of us enjoys the solitude of the beach, the rest of us can roam around and we don't have to fight anyone for space or find an obscure place to regroup. I do not mind paying for a home base situation but I don't like how they are slowly sectioning off the island into "pay to play" areas. The whole island was free 15 years ago. 

When and on what ship were you at Coco Cay? I have been to Coco Cay six times this year and will be there seven more times between now and the middle of October. Overall the prices have been significantly lower than they were last year. I have been to Coco Cay on ships as big as Icon and as small as Voyager class ships. 

Based on my three visits to Cococay prices several months out is significantly higher, and then adjust 4-6 weeks out and is much more reasonable if not at times cheaper than previous years.  

The exception is beach beds, previously beach beds could be had for $200 or less.  I have not seen it below $300 ever now. Beach Club is not as cheap as well, but have seen it drop to $80/adults and kids free. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When and on what ship were you at Coco Cay? I have been to Coco Cay six times this year and will be there seven more times between now and the middle of October. Overall the prices have been significantly lower than they were last year. I have been to Coco Cay on ships as big as Icon and as small as Voyager class ships. 

We sailed on Allure and Freedom in December and prices were similar on both. We are sailing on Utopia and Symphony in the future and pricing has remained comparable to the previous two sailings and to each other.