show reservations question(s)...

I will be on the Bliss next month (Aug)----  It looks like one will need to make reservations for Jersey Boys and for the Icons show.  Please no lectures in regards to my questions, as I am just trying to understand the system for this.  Can a person make reservation for two different time slots on either the same day or on two different days for the same show?  I think this can be done in advance on the app-----  If we can't make it to the earlier show due to dinner taking forever, can you just cancel that reservation and then make use of the later one?  (I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but for this cruise we are trying out Haven class)  Here is why I am asking:

On the second night of cruise, we have dinner reservations at Le Bistro at 5:30--- If Icons is on this day, we would make reservations for the 9:30 show so we won't feel rushed at dinner.   We have no dinner reservations for the third night and if the show will be at 7:30- we would be able to make that one with no problem. (Someone posted a recent free style daily)  I'm thinking if we are just too tired after dinner on the second night, then we could attend the next day at the earlier time, which is better for us (we are in early 70's)  The second night is our 45th wedding anniversary and we wanted if possible to have a really nice dinner and then a show afterwards.  9:30 is a bit late for us, but we will do our best to attend (don't want to be nodding off during the show)

Any way, I just want to know if any one has been able to make more than one reservation for the same show.  Thanks in advance.  Anita

I also have an upcoming Bliss cruise.  I made dinner reservations weeks ago and the entertainment reservations recently became available.  In my case, NCL's system would not allow me to make an entertainment reservation on the same night as a dinner reservation (even a 9:30 show).  I cancelled the offending dinner reservation (via chat) and was then able to book Jersey Boys.  YMMV.

I can't speak to advance reservations but I'm pretty sure when I was onboard I was only allowed to make 1 reservation for any particular show - they want to make it available to as many people as possible.

I once ran into an issue on the app where it felt that my specialty dining reservation would interfere with the show reservation.  I think they have to be at least 2 hours apart but I don’t even know why I think that.  

So, the app may not let you book either or both of the shows depending on your dinner reservation time.  Two years ago on the Joy we missed Elements because Teppanyaki took forever.

You can always go to the theater without a reservation and can often get in.  They have a standby line because people often decide to skip the show, or perhaps they’re still in the restaurant.

on the other hand, i have never gone to a show (including jersey boys) on any ncl ship, where there were no seats available for walk in.by the way, we were on  the bliss 2 years ago, and walked out of jersey boys. it's almost a carbon copy of the movie, and frankie valli he aint.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

I will be on the Bliss next month (Aug)----  It looks like one will need to make reservations for Jersey Boys and for the Icons show.  Please no lectures in regards to my questions, as I am just trying to understand the system for this.  Can a person make reservation for two different time slots on either the same day or on two different days for the same show?  I think this can be done in advance on the app-----  If we can't make it to the earlier show due to dinner taking forever, can you just cancel that reservation and then make use of the later one?  (I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but for this cruise we are trying out Haven class)  Here is why I am asking:

On the second night of cruise, we have dinner reservations at Le Bistro at 5:30--- If Icons is on this day, we would make reservations for the 9:30 show so we won't feel rushed at dinner.   We have no dinner reservations for the third night and if the show will be at 7:30- we would be able to make that one with no problem. (Someone posted a recent free style daily)  I'm thinking if we are just too tired after dinner on the second night, then we could attend the next day at the earlier time, which is better for us (we are in early 70's)  The second night is our 45th wedding anniversary and we wanted if possible to have a really nice dinner and then a show afterwards.  9:30 is a bit late for us, but we will do our best to attend (don't want to be nodding off during the show)

Any way, I just want to know if any one has been able to make more than one reservation for the same show.  Thanks in advance.  Anita

Each show will perform 4 times each during your cruise. You may book one. 

You can make reservations 21 days prior to departure. Right after you check-in online at midnight eastern time. 

The Haven concierge team will be in the waiting area in the terminal (if you arrive early) with a show list and restaurant list. You can work with them to change shows or change dinner reservations. Note: The Concierge can over sell a restaurant to get you a reservation (like an oversold airplane - more reservations than seats). But once a restaurant is totally oversold, even the concierge won't be able to get you a reservation, so taking care of reservations as soon as you embark is the best advice. 

Also note that there is reserved seating in the Theater for Haven guests. Personally, I don't need to be seen sitting in those seats. They are high and to the side. I prefer getting to the theater early with the steerage passengers and sitting low and centered. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Wow- thanks for all the responses!   We only like to sit in mid section by the aisle (for a quick escape if necessary) so Haven section won't workout for us. We plan on getting on the ship around 10:30-11:00- have a ride to take us to the ship from airport hotel at 9:30.  My dinner reservations are all scheduled for 5:30 on 4 nights---- On prior cruises, when we "felt" much younger, no reservations were required and we just headed to usually the later shows 45 minutes earlier for people watching and choice of seats.  On a recent Bliss sailing, Icons was for 2 nights only-- We have no dinner reservations scheduled for Sitka- so if history repeats itself, then 2 shows are scheduled for Icons, not 4.  (I have seen Jersey Boys (show) plus the movie)-- We just love the music so want to do the show on Bliss for that)  I guess I will schedule the best I can on the app, then make arrangements with concierge upon boarding to make it work.  Anita

On 7/5/2024 at 3:39 PM, EngrJones said:

I also have an upcoming Bliss cruise.  I made dinner reservations weeks ago and the entertainment reservations recently became available.  In my case, NCL's system would not allow me to make an entertainment reservation on the same night as a dinner reservation (even a 9:30 show).  I cancelled the offending dinner reservation (via chat) and was then able to book Jersey Boys.  YMMV.

This happened to us last year on Prima…when I called the Haven concierge pre-cruise he told me the system requires 2 hours and 15 minutes between these reservations so even though I had 2 hours between it wasn’t letting me book the show.  Problem is their system doesn’t given you an error message that explains this.  It just fails to book the show.