Does Celebrity have personal vacation planners?

bjd2

Hello,

We're getting ready to book our first Celebrity cruise. We have done 19 with Carnival and have a planner with them. I'm wondering if Celebrity has the same thing or if it's all done online.

Thanks?

14 minutes ago, bjd2 said:

Hello,

We're getting ready to book our first Celebrity cruise. We have done 19 with Carnival and have a planner with them. I'm wondering if Celebrity has the same thing or if it's all done online.

Thanks?

Celebrity has them although I’ve not used them. 

• Thanks 1

There used to be but they layed off a lot of them. 
 Previously when I put a courtesy hold on a booking a Cruise vacation  planner  would call the next day.  That’s not happening. 
You can book on line or call the 800 number.  If you are booking your first  Celebrity cruise you may want to call. By calling you can ask questions and they will email you the booking confirmation while on the phone with you so if there are errors or omissions they can be fixed then. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The place to indicate the # of guests is at the very early steps in the booking process, long before you select a cabin.  
If you have completed the booking and paid the deposit you will need to call and get the booking corrected.  Pricing can be different with 1 vs 2 guests.

Edited by jelayne
Addition
  • Like 1

Short answer is “no”. Celebrity is now using the same third party mostly offshore call center that they started with Royal Caribbean. It’s not uncommon to reach an agent and hear roosters crowing or kids crying. They work from home. With that said, I have had very good service. Just as good as my former Celebrity Vacation Planner. 

7 hours ago, Cruising89143 said:

Short answer is “no”. Celebrity is now using the same third party mostly offshore call center that they started with Royal Caribbean. It’s not uncommon to reach an agent and hear roosters crowing or kids crying. They work from home. With that said, I have had very good service. Just as good as my former Celebrity Vacation Planner. 

I use a CVP based in Miami who works from home. I've had nothing but excellent service from him.

12 hours ago, bjd2 said:

Hello,

Thanks?

Yes, Celebrity still has CVP's but they're few.  Ours had been let go or decided to change jobs and when I called they assigned a new one;  I think that may have been because I already had one for many years.  Call the main number and ask.  Re online booking, it might be better IMO to book through their general service staff for a personal touch even though it's a different agent each time you call.

30 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Would that be RW?

No. He's been working for Celebrity for many years very personable and polite. A few days ago I booked an SV on Ascent for next May its deck 7 and all that was left. Called him on Wednesday just to see if perhaps I missed something. He told me there was an SV on hold but he didn't think the guest was going to book it in which case it would expire that night. Saw it online yesterday morning put a hold on it and he made the switch.  Great cabin in a great location; I didn't want an IV. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

No. He's been working for Celebrity for many years very personable and polite. A few days ago I booked an SV on Ascent for next May its deck 7 and all that was left. Called him on Wednesday just to see if perhaps I missed something. He told me there was an SV on hold but he didn't think the guest was going to book it in which case it would expire that night. Saw it online yesterday morning put a hold on it and he made the switch.  Great cabin in a great location; I didn't want an IV. 

The SV I got was the last one on a high deck is on 9. I just didn't want to be above Eden as the music can go on till quite late. I was thrilled and there was also a price drop. 

11 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

The SV I got was the last one on a high deck is on 9. I just didn't want to be above Eden as the music can go on till quite late. I was thrilled and there was also a price drop. 

We were in a SV on Deck 7 above Eden on the Ascent and never heard any sound from Eden. 

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We were in a SV on Deck 7 above Eden on the Ascent and never heard any sound from Eden. 

How did you enjoy your SV? Only been on them on S class ships. Some mentioned loud music others no issue. I would have kept the cabin on 7 but prefer higher and was happy to get it. It was 4:30 am yesterday morning when I saw it quite likely could be gone by later in the day.

47 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Once upon a time I had a good PVP, but he disappeared.  No replacement.  Find a good travel agent.

We also had an outstanding PVP with Celebrity.  During Covid, he disappeared but his name still appeared on our bookings.  Not sure why.  We were re-assigned another but this person disappeared quickly. I was told 2 weeks ago that I would be assigned another but still waiting. I suspect there are few left.

25 minutes ago, keesar said:

We also had an outstanding PVP with Celebrity.  During Covid, he disappeared but his name still appeared on our bookings.  Not sure why.  We were re-assigned another but this person disappeared quickly. I was told 2 weeks ago that I would be assigned another but still waiting. I suspect there are few left.

My CVP has been with Celebrity for many years and he was kept on during covid. He works hard and puts in long hours. He always returns my calls and or emails very promptly.