Value for Dollars Classic versus Premium Drink Package

On 7/11/2024 at 12:16 PM, PTC DAWG said:

5 total drinks?  That’s not much, IMHO

For the light drinker on a cruise, I think the choice is obvious..for others, guard your Credit Card without a package. 

5 drinks a day is light? 😅 I guess I’m just a feather-weight 😂 I could only manage 3 to 4 drinks on port days, where I couldn’t even order my first drink of the day until dinner. The only reason 4 came into play, was drinks got smaller and smaller as the cruise progressed. If you’re ok with Jim Beam, bourbon drinks were $9-$10. I had whistlepig a few times in the world class bar, and that was $25. You really have to get the coffees, waters, and sodas if you aren’t doing 6-7 drinks a day, every single day, imo. I can’t speak to wines, I don’t do wine.

On 7/13/2024 at 11:19 AM, mnpurple said:

We are new to Celebrity and just booked a transatlantic on Apex in March 2025. I booked the all inclusive with the Classic, but think we'd be happier to do the upgrade. When looking at my cruise details on the website, I look at the drinks packages and there isn't an "upgrade" option. It just shows the full prices of the packages. Am I missing something? I'm hoping a good sale comes along at some point.

It took a week after my booking before it showed up. I booked AI which turned out to be much cheaper than I waited to add WiFi and the classic drink package after the booking. It was $8.99 to up grade at first but now it's $13.99  DW is fine with any house Cab and as long as we are mixing liquor with something the well alcohol is fine for us. We will just pay the price difference if we want a top shelf liquor Martini and Manhattan.

On 7/11/2024 at 9:15 AM, canderson said:

The formatting of this is likely to fall completely apart, so I may repost it in a different fashion later.  But I'm going to take a straightforward look at what those who prefer a bit better bar stock and wine by the glass might be paying.  You can do your own math with your own drinking habits to see what you get.  Per day pricing for packages is also highly variable based upon one sale or another online.

Drinks on Classic Package – all up to $10, (-15% on wine/bottle)

Drinks on Premium Package – all up to $17, (-20% on wine/bottle)

Typical 20% off Classic package price = $67.99/day

Typical 20% off Premium package price = $79.99/day

Assume 2x $20 mixed drinks and 3x $25 glasses of wine/day

Mixed               Wine                Package             Total

No package                  $40                 $75                 $0                  $115

Classic package             $20                 $45                 $68                 $133

Premium package             $ 6                 $24                 $89                 $119

Hmmm.

I think that you could get the best deal with No package and purchasing the wine by the bottle...  

Thanks for the math.

We have both got the classic drinks package for the first time .

is it one drink per card or can one persons card get 2 drinks ?

is there a time limit between getting drinks?

1 hour ago, Lindypops said:

We have both got the classic drinks package for the first time .

is it one drink per card or can one persons card get 2 drinks ?

is there a time limit between getting drinks?

One person can go to the bar but taking both cards. Sometimes we have ordered water and a drink with one card and not had a problem.