Move up page not working for me.

Trying to do a move up bid for a cruise that departs in 24 days. I enter my name and reservation number and it takes me to a find your reservation page. I fill that out, it goes to reservation information but nothing there on move up.

I called celebrity, they said moveup program run by outside group, can’t help me, told me to email move.up@celebrity.com. Done that twice, no response as of yet.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?

thank you.

Posted (edited)

This may be an obvious question, but at the first page when you enter your booking number is it confirming that your booking is eligible for the program?  Not all are.  And to confirm MoveUp is a separate 3rd party program not managed by Celebrity. They have no way to assist if there is an issue.  If you are confirmed as eligible, I guess just continue to email them.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

This may be an obvious question, but at the first page when you enter your booking number is it confirming that your booking is eligible for the program?  Not all are.  And to confirm MoveUp is a separate 3rd party program not managed by Celebrity. They have no way to assist if there is an issue.

Can’t even get to eligibility page.  Put my info to check and it goes direct to find reservation page

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Do you happen to be using a big box retailer as your travel agent?  Some travel agencies opt out of the move up program.

Nope, booked on celebrity website last Saturday. 

Posted (edited)

OK @travel1light, so I just tried with an upcoming November cruise and the same thing happened.  Entered my last name and booking number and it sent me to a "find your reservation" page, which when I did it looped me back to my reservation management page.  Interesting.  I'm wondering in my case if it is just too early for the program.  But it is doing the same thing as you describe with your cruise 24 days out.  So I guess it may not be working correctly?  Keep emailing MoveUP I guess.

Assuming you are logged into My Celebrity, try going to your reservation, then clicking on "Managing my reservation" and click that. Scroll down and, if your cruise is offering a move-up bid, you will see a banner where you click and it takes you to the move up offers.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Might be because you just booked…

I can echo that - had similar issues a few days ago when I booked a cruise just a few weeks ahead of the departure. It takes 2-3 working days until the booking is reflected (probably in the 3rd party system) and until then, it just redirects you to your booking.

Edited by fortisZH

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Tudy said:

Assuming you are logged into My Celebrity, try going to your reservation, then clicking on "Managing my reservation" and click that. Scroll down and, if your cruise is offering a move-up bid, you will see a banner where you click and it takes you to the move up offers.

Just tried that with the same results - it ultimately redirected me back to the manage my reservation page.  So with me going directly into MoveUp or through my account had the same results as indicated by the OP and myself with no ability to get into MoveUp.  Again with me it may just be too early with our November cruise, but not sure why the OP is getting the same results.

5 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just tried that with the same results - it ultimately redirected me back to the manage my reservation page.  So with me going directly into MoveUp or through my account had the same results as indicated by the OP and myself with no ability to get into MoveUp.  Again with me it may just be too early with our November cruise, but not sure why the OP is getting the same results.

I received an email for our Sept cruise this year right after final payment date…the bid program seemed to be working fine using that link..cruise had been booked for over a year. 

4 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I received an email for our Sept cruise this year right after final payment date…the bid program seemed to be working fine using that link..cruise had been booked for over a year. 

The difference may be that our current final payment is not until the end of August.  Although we did not participate, we also have been able to do so with MoveUp on every other Celebrity cruise in recent years including Eclipse two weeks ago.  It may be a final payment timing thing with my current booking, as I don't remember (as we did not participate) when we were able to enroll previously.

6 hours ago, travel1light said:

Trying to do a move up bid for a cruise that departs in 24 days. I enter my name and reservation number and it takes me to a find your reservation page. I fill that out, it goes to reservation information but nothing there on move up.

I called celebrity, they said moveup program run by outside group, can’t help me, told me to email move.up@celebrity.com. Done that twice, no response as of yet.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?

thank you.

I booked a cruise recently with my discount travel agent. When I checked on the Move Up, there were no options. I called Celebrity and they said that not all travel agents participate in the program. If you have a discounted fare (not a direct book with Celebrity), you might fall into this category. It annoyed me. I haven't won a Move Up yet, but I still would like the option to try. On the other hand, I do like the discounted fare. Trade-offs, eh? 🙂

Go to this link --- https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Enter your Reservation # and Last Name -   If your reservation is able to bid it will take you to the bidding pages.

If it doesn't work the contact email move.up@celebrity.com    They should get back to you in a couple days and either send you a link or tell you your reservation is ineligible.    They have always responded to me quickly. 

4 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I booked a cruise recently with my discount travel agent. When I checked on the Move Up, there were no options. I called Celebrity and they said that not all travel agents participate in the program. If you have a discounted fare (not a direct book with Celebrity), you might fall into this category. It annoyed me. I haven't won a Move Up yet, but I still would like the option to try. On the other hand, I do like the discounted fare. Trade-offs, eh? 🙂

Typically it is the big box retailers with a travel service whose bookings are not eligible for MoveUp by way of their arrangement with the cruise lines and their offered fares.  Our TA fares (individual, or reduced rate group based) have always been eligible.

Not clear on your comment regarding "having no options".  That my just mean there were no stateroom upgrade options available at the time, not that your booking was not eligible.

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:
7 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Typically it is the big box retailers with a travel service whose bookings are not eligible for MoveUp by way of their arrangement with the cruise lines and their offered fares.  Our TA fares (individual, or reduced rate group based) have always been eligible.

Not clear on your comment regarding "having no options".  That my just mean there were no stateroom upgrade options available at the tim

I have been on fully booked ships where there was no possibility of an upgrade bid being accepted, but they still gave you the option to bid.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with the weird issue of using the move-up link (where you put in last name & reservation #) and it just taking you to a new page with a pop-up to "Find your reservation".

In the past, if the cruise was too far out for me, it would at least give me the "Your cruise may not be eligible" pop-up listing the different reasons why. I don't even get that anymore on any computer/tablet/phone. Seems like they're making some changes to how/when it becomes available?

I also noticed they removed all information for how to contact with move up questions (I saw the email address posted above in this thread, and I already had it from the past), thought that was a bit interesting.

(For reference on timing, our cruise isn't until December and highly unlikely to bid anyway, just curious on Iconic prices! 😁)

1 hour ago, behtyas said:

In the past, if the cruise was too far out for me, it would at least give me the "Your cruise may not be eligible" pop-up listing the different reasons why. I don't even get that anymore on any computer/tablet/phone. 

Exactly. If MoveUp bidding hadn’t opened yet I used to get a message saying to make sure my cruise was within 21 days of sailing (even though bidding generally opened up much earlier than that). I’m seeing the same loop others have described.

• 2 weeks later...

We placed a move-up bid for our cruise departing August 31, 2024. We used the link in the email we received saying we were eligible to bid. However, similar to what others here have experience, we are no longer able to access the page to review the status of the bid, enter a new bid, etc. We fill out the eligibility information and it takes us to the reservation information page as others have experienced, which basically takes us to the page with our reservation information, not the move-up section. In the past we have been able to access that page to see if the status has changed to pending, expired, etc. or to modify a bid. Not sure what is causing this glitch, but it is nothing related to our reservation being too far in the future.