What specialty restaurants are included for my Royal Suite?

mark46

12 hours ago, billc23 said:

I find it disappointing that Luminae is closed on port days...

I agree with you.  It surprises me that even Royal Caribbean has Coastal Kitchen open on port days.  MSC's YC restaurant is also open on port days.   Both these are facts I consistenly point out in my post cruise feedback.  
 I can only write it in my comments though because if I mark the dining room score down because  of this it punishes the wonderful service staff. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, billc23 said:

Special lunches at Murano or Tuscan are not included. The special Indian dinner is not included. They may not charge for these on occasion as a special bonus.

The port hours are usually as stated above however they change if it is an overnight in port. 

I find it disappointing that Luminae is closed on port days...

What would be considered SPECIAL lunches as opposed to regular lunches?

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

That’s what we were told by the Retreat staff on the Eclipse 🤷🏻‍♀️. She was getting updated in the spring of 2025. 

“Updated” is not the same thing as “Revolutionized”. 

7 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Indeed.  New furniture is a far cry from adding a pool where there wasn't one!

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I don’t want to debate with you. Perhaps I used the wrong word. I was told by the Concierge while on the Eclipse in the Retreat for two weeks in June, that they are redoing the retreat lounge and creating a suite sundeck area in April of 2025. That was part of the “revolution” on Summit. I’m not sure what else is planned. 

Edited by RosieRoo

36 minutes ago, celebrity cruiser said:

What would be considered SPECIAL lunches as opposed to regular lunches?

It’s always best to ask.

However:

They are advertised as a special lunch. Murano is only open for dinner and they will have a special lunch on some sailings. Other restaurants like Tuscan may offer a themed menu for lunch or dinner that is not included. If the sushi restaurant has an Indian dinner it is not included. 

Often the M’d will let us know that our meal is covered but that is not the official policy. Similar to not having trivial beverage up charges when staying in the top suite. Very hotel director dependent. 

Regular lunches are at restaurants that typically serve lunch such as the Porch on some S class ships and the Bistro on E class. So, If there is a lunch in Blu it is usually a special lunch. 

There will often be a special lunch with the officers for upper suite guests on longer sailings and the top suite guests sit next to the captain. No charge for that one. 

I am writing this on my first sailing with MSC. In the YC they have lunch every day in their YC restaurant. Luminae should too for passengers who don’t get off at some/all ports. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I don’t want to debate with you. Perhaps I used the wrong word. I was told by the Concierge while on the Eclipse in the Retreat for two weeks in June, that they are redoing the retreat lounge and creating a suite sundeck area in April of 2025. That was part of the “revolution” on Summit. I’m not sure what else is planned. 

This sounds much more likely to be doable.

30 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Hopefully it’s better than Summits which I think is basically useless, no pool, no bar and no elevator to get there , only reason we ever go there is on port days when Luminae is closed and we want to eat lunch, tiny menu with 4 or so items. 

One note on theYC dining room, IF your port day is at Ocean Cay, they are not open, unless the weather is so bad the Ocean House is closed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billc23 said:

It’s always best to ask.

However:

They are advertised as a special lunch. Murano is only open for dinner and they will have a special lunch on some sailings. Other restaurants like Tuscan may offer a themed menu for lunch or dinner that is not included. If the sushi restaurant has an Indian dinner it is not included. 

There was one special lunch on the Eclipse in Murano. I only knew about it because the Concierge told us. We ate there and the food was excellent and no charge. There was also a special lunch in Blue for Zenith members that two officers attended. The Captain was there for the photo, but didn’t stay. 

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

One note on theYC dining room, IF your port day is at Ocean Cay, they are not open, unless the weather is so bad the Ocean House is closed. 

Thank you. I was not aware of that.  I guess lunch at Ocean Cay it will be. 

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

On ocean cay YC do they still have lobster rolls? 

• Like 1

On my recent Eclipse cruise, Murano and Tuscan each opened for lunch one time. Those were included in the Royal Suite dining. 

The "special meals" that aren't are things like the Indian meal (which I haven't seen on a ship in a while) or the Daniel Boloud Chef's Table meal. 

3 hours ago, DannyS said:

On my recent Eclipse cruise, Murano and Tuscan each opened for lunch one time. Those were included in the Royal Suite dining. 

The "special meals" that aren't are things like the Indian meal (which I haven't seen on a ship in a while) or the Daniel Boloud Chef's Table meal. 

HI DannyS

At what point did you make reservations for the specialty restaurants, including the lunches?

Prior to boarding or while on board?

ty

On 7/11/2024 at 10:20 PM, canderson said:

Indeed.  New furniture is a far cry from adding a pool where there wasn't one!

Not sure if the "Revolution" on any ship included a new pool. But I find it pretty crazy that X took delivery of several EDGE class ships yet didn't invest a dime into modernizing the existing fleet. While the Millennium isn't a new vessel, at least you can see that the REV program has brought it back to life, which you really can't say about many other old ships, including Solstice and Eclipse.

14 hours ago, celebrity cruiser said:

HI DannyS

At what point did you make reservations for the specialty restaurants, including the lunches?

Prior to boarding or while on board?

ty

We generally give the shore side concierge our provisional dining list for dinners. We are not massive Luminae fans so tend to use the speciality restaurants most nights.

Lunches are often unknown until boarding and are usually easily available. They are not particularly important to us as we only tend to have a light snack at that time. However, if they are important to you ask your butler on boarding or the M’D of any of the speciality restaurants and they will tell you what will be available and when and accommodate your booking requests. Our RS and PH experience has been on S and M class. In our experience the speciality Tuscan and Murano lunches have not been included. However lunch in Sushi, The Porch and Sushi on Five have. Obviously others have had a different experience. Again I suggest you ask on boarding. Also the speciality lunchtime menus in Tuscan and Murano are not as extensive as the dinner ones. Sushi, The Porch and Lawn Grill are rarely mega busy at lunch and probably would sit you any lunch without a reservation.

Once on board we give our list of evening dining bookings (print out of the email sent to the shore side concierge) to the butler and ask him to check they have been made. Most of the time they have but occasionally they haven’t so always worth checking. After that we often modify slightly our bookings to fit in with the entertainment schedule, for example ask to change a 7pm booking for 7.30pm. Never usually a problem. Depending on the circumstances we sometimes ask the butler to do this for us, other times we will do it ourselves. If we decide not to do a booking we let the restaurant know to free up the table.

Just as an aside, the email copy of dining bookings we give to the butler also has details of our bar set up (beers, spirits, soda) and room requests (full fruit basket…) and special requests (afternoon tea tray set up…). On the occasions that shore side information hasn’t gone through the butlers have really appreciated having the list rather than frantically trying to note down dining requests, the brands of beers etc.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

12 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Not sure if the "Revolution" on any ship included a new pool.

No new pools, but a jacuzzi was added with the creation of the Retreat Sundeck on Summit and Millennium.

12 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

But I find it pretty crazy that X took delivery of several EDGE class ships yet didn't invest a dime into modernizing the existing fleet.

The plan was to do both until covid hit. Revolutionization was easy for Celebrity to cancel when $$ got tight. New ships were already contracted for and being built