Fish and Chips

Wennfred

we have sailed her twice and seems like each cruise, I have been the only person to frequent the fish/chips area....that's ok with me though...more for me to eat! LOVED the fried oysters too...a little different than the traditional oysters you get in restaurants that are fried, but still very good.

We are going to sail the Valor soon and can't wait to be the only ones at the fish/chips again!:D

June

What kind of fish do they use for the fish and chips? Do they have tarter sauce too? Where is it on the Glory? Thank you

Yes, and also MALT VINEGAR... it is one floor up from the Red Sail Restaurant. Near the area where the dessert bar is - you will see two sets of stairs heading up to it!

The fried oysters are tasty too...

I NEED TO GO FIND SOMETHING TO EAT NOW...

Tom

We were on the Valor from 3/12-3/19 and luckily I saw a post on CC about the Fish & Chips restaurant above Rosie's. We went our first day at sea and a few more times during the cruise. One of the clues as to how good this place is......we saw MANY of the Valor crew members eating there. That in itself is an indication of how good it is. ;)

I wish I liked tuna. Will these sandwiches make me like tuna? I do however, like sundae toppings. Do they have REAL hot fudge?? And real hard packed ice-cream or just the same soft serve stuff??

Yes - actually HEATED fudge (well, at least syrup). And TUBS (3-5 gallon?) of REAL ice cream!!

I go one step further (and this helps me on NON-Spirit class ship too!) - I bring along my own HOME-Crushed Oreos and Butterfingers, along with SHELL toppings... OH YEAH...

You know, I REALLY should weigh 2 or 3 hundred pounds...:eek:

Tom

Oh my.... now you've got my attention. Great photos. Almost can smell the aroma. Booking the 5/25/07 new Carnival Freedom doing a 12 day Mediterranean. She's supposed to be a sister to this one, yes? Who else wants to join us? It will be a first experience on Carnival for us, so we hope it will be fun, fantastic and full of culinary delights!

I wish I liked tuna. Will these sandwiches make me like tuna? I do however, like sundae toppings. Do they have REAL hot fudge?? And real hard packed ice-cream or just the same soft serve stuff??

Go to the Deli and order up a Grilled Tuna on White, Im sure you will like it, thats my favorite and I order one around 10:30pm after the show.

Conquest class ships have. On Conquest, Fish and Chips is called Sur Mer. Valor, Glory, and Liberty have Fish and Chips.

Alas, none on Imagination - only the Conquest class ships.

Oh, why not some fried oysters..

ipxFCngeOgBRWba1+Y5DuBGU3I9Vu-nV0300.jpg

Oh yeah! The oysters and calimari were TO DIE FOR on the Glory!! My mouth is watering...

I never made up to Su Mer last November on the Conquest. "Thud, thud, thud" (the sound of me kicking myself after seeing those mouthwatering photos) :rolleyes:

I'll be hightailing it up there to get me some of those fish & chips when we sail in October, you can be sure! :D

Are they open on embarkation day?

Oh yum, that Bouillabaisse is the BEST and comes with the piece of garlic bread! If you're watching your weight, or are on Atkins, make a salad then go to the Fish and Chips stand and have them put Ceviche on top. A perfect lite lunch or snack.

That bouillabase was soooo good! Que Barbara Streisand... "aaaaahhhhh memmmmmoriess....."

Not a fish eater...But my mom loves it! This may seem like a stupid question, but on the Glory, can you get to the fish and chips place by elevator? My mom tries to avoid the stairs (she will be 76 by the time we cruise) thanks!!! :cool:

Thanks for posting the pics of the fish & chips. Last cruise we were on (not Carnival) we read rave reviews of the fish & chips for months prior to our cruise.

What a surprise when our "wonderful" fish & chips turned out to be 2 perfectly symetrical slabs of Gorton's (or a cheap substitute) frozen fish. Should've checked to see if the reviewers lived in the desert.

Not a fish eater...But my mom loves it! This may seem like a stupid question, but on the Glory, can you get to the fish and chips place by elevator? My mom tries to avoid the stairs (she will be 76 by the time we cruise) thanks!!! :cool:

Yes, there are elevators close by that will take you right up to the 10th deck.

...though I just looked at the deck plans and don't see elevators... hmmmm MEMORY issues...

I will get back to you on this in 85 days!!!

Tom

Archived