Fish and Chips

Wennfred

How evil! That stuff looks so good! You got my hopes up (and my stomach growling!) but it sounds like they don't have this on Legend. :( Now I have an insane craving for fish & chips or fried oysters. I might just have to book my next cruise on one of the other ships to try this place out!

What a surprise when our "wonderful" fish & chips turned out to be 2 perfectly symetrical slabs of Gorton's (or a cheap substitute) frozen fish. Should've checked to see if the reviewers lived in the desert.

NO WAY !!!:eek: Thats pretty bad LOL, On the Valor its the real deal, and to think I missed out on the first 2 days because I forgot, someone on this board while I was "Live from the Valor" alerted me and up I went, I ate there every day for lunch.

I'm guessing that the fish they use is Whiting or Talapia...it's too thin to be Cod. Sole and Flounder are very expensive so I doubt they use that. I ate at the F&C kiosk lots of times on the Liberty back in Jan and tried everything they offered...even the Octopus Salad...pretty good stuff! I thought first few days were the best ... maybe because the frying oil was fresher.

Not a fish eater...But my mom loves it! This may seem like a stupid question, but on the Glory, can you get to the fish and chips place by elevator? My mom tries to avoid the stairs (she will be 76 by the time we cruise) thanks!!! :cool:

I don't remember seeing an elevator on the Glory that opened directly into the Fish and Chips area but you can use a side door from the sundeck to get to it. You'd come up one of the other elevators from either end and walk across the outside sundeck, look for the door. I thought the stairs were kind of steep and could have been dangerous getting up for the elderly pax.

Your mom will love it!

Ms B

all of these threads on fish and chips, Reuben's and chocolate buffets are enough to kill a man on a diet.

15 Lbs down 35 to go

Ack! I know what you mean! I am absolutely craving this stuff, and knowing I don't get to try any on my cruise makes it even sadder. :(

Congrats on your 15-lb. loss!

• 2 weeks later...
all of these threads on fish and chips, Reuben's and chocolate buffets are enough to kill a man on a diet.

15 Lbs down 35 to go

I was chumping down on Fish and Chips every day during lunch after I found the place on the 3rd day when someone from my "Live from the Valor" thread posted it, and I had totally forgotten about the Grill, I didnt gain a single pound :D

Only on Conquest size ships?? :confused: I guess I will have to squeeze another cruise in to try those fish and chips!

At least Duck - I will be sure to get a Reuben in 16 days!;)

Dont forget the Grilled Tuna Fish sandwich on white or on a roll, its one of my favorites !!! I have one every night after the show. :D

I was chumping down on Fish and Chips every day during lunch after I found the place on the 3rd day when someone from my "Live from the Valor" thread posted it, and I had totally forgotten about the Grill, I didnt gain a single pound :D

That's great. I only gained a couple of pounds on my last cruise. There is so much to keep you moving on the ship.

That's great. I only gained a couple of pounds on my last cruise. There is so much to keep you moving on the ship.

My cabin was 2465, this is way in the back of the ship, it was a long walk from the front where the Ivanhoe Theater was on the Valor. The cabin deck was so long I couldnt see the end where my cabin due to fog, it was like it never ended LOL I think this is where I lost some of my earned wieght, I wonder many times if I could pay a cabin steward to pick me up by the theater and carry me all the way to my cabin LOL :D

Can someone tell me what kind of creamer they serve? Is it powder or liquid? I can't remember :confused: (It's been way to long since my last cruise) and when we leave on our next cruise we have friends that have to have powder creamer, so they need to know if they need to bring it from home.

Can someone help mewith this one so i can let them know?

I know this doesn't have to do with the fish and chips but it is food related...

Oh yeah the fish and chips were GREAT on the Glory. I wish we would have found it before day 4. :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what kind of creamer they serve? Is it powder or liquid? I can't remember

I dont recall up on Lido deck but there are all types of Milks you can use up on lido, but in the Dining room, they serve you a small cup with liquid creamer, not sure if its a type of creamer of milk.

I had read on these boards about the fish & chip place and could not wait to try it on our recent Liberty cruise. I did not like it at all. I love ceiveche with a passion and that was what I was looking forward to. It in no way shape or form resembled any ceiveche I have ever had and it tasted nasty. Not as nasty as the fish though. We could not even eat those grease balls. We tried a few bites and went down to the Lido and had a great lunch. I love most of the food and enjoy trying new things. I had wonderful food everywhere else on the ship.

I love the soft serve yogurt and ice cream, but only had it a couple of times because the machines were always empty. I found plenty to eat everywhere on the ship (plus those room service sandwiches that are to die for) and thinking about it makes me very hungry. I better go find something to eat. LOL

Archived