Dining Room Open on Regal on Embarkation Day

Posted (edited)

@Luvsnorkeling I think it is the Concerto dining room.

once onboard, grab your Princess Patter a.k.a. newsletter, either from guest services or your cabin or look on your app. It will tell you which dining room is open. Usual hours are noon to 1:30 pm.

Edited by arizonaperson

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@Luvsnorkeling I think it is the Concerto dining room.

once onboard, grab your Princess Patter a.k.a. newsletter, either from guest services or your cabin or look on your app. It will tell you which dining room is open. Usual hours are noon to 1:30 pm.

On my last few Royal class ships, it seems Princess has started to use the aft Dining room deck 6 for Embarkation lunch and daily MDR Breakfast and Sea day lunches.

Reserve Class has remained Deck6 midship dining room, usually port side entrance. 

The event listing/patter will confirm or ask crew member when you board.

Thank you for your responses!

Upon boarding, I have asked crew members in the past. They usually say that no dining room is open and direct us to the Lido. I know that there is usually one dining room open because I have eaten in them in the past. That is why I was hoping someone who has possibly sailed on Regal Princess recently could tell me which dining room it might be.

1 minute ago, Luvsnorkeling said:

Upon boarding, I have asked crew members in the past. They usually say that no dining room is open and direct us to the Lido. I know that there is usually one dining room open because I have eaten in them in the past. That is why I was hoping someone who has possibly sailed on Regal Princess recently could tell me which dining room it might be.

The patter will show the location and should be waiting in your stateroom 

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

The patter will show the location and should be waiting in your stateroom 

But you normally cannot go to your stateroom until after 2 pm and the dining room normally closes at 1:30 pm.

I ask the crew.  When they say go to the buffet, I tell them I know a dining room is open and which one is it.  Then they will tell me.

4 minutes ago, Luvsnorkeling said:

Upon boarding, I have asked crew members in the past. They usually say that no dining room is open and direct us to the Lido.

I don't know why they do this, but it happens on so many ships that it must be something that they are instructed to do. Aggravating! What else are they hiding?

13 hours ago, Luvsnorkeling said:

Can anyone tell me which dining room is open on embarkation day on Regal Princess? Thanks a lot!

We have not been on the Regal Princess, but we were recently on the Royal Princess.  On the Royal Princess, at least 1 dining room was open during embarkation for those who wanted to eat lunch.

Perhaps, since they are sister ships, Regal Princess also has a dining room open during embarkation.

I hope this is helpful.

19 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

We have not been on the Regal Princess, but we were recently on the Royal Princess.  On the Royal Princess, at least 1 dining room was open during embarkation for those who wanted to eat lunch.

Perhaps, since they are sister ships, Regal Princess also has a dining room open during embarkation.

I hope this is helpful.

All ships have one open but many times it fills up fast and there is a line. A 2nd one will not be opened 

3 hours ago, HotRoot said:

But you normally cannot go to your stateroom until after 2 pm and the dining room normally closes at 1:30 pm.

I ask the crew.  When they say go to the buffet, I tell them I know a dining room is open and which one is it.  Then they will tell me.

I usually board as soon as allowed. Many times when dropping off carry on, the steward has not finished and the Patter has not been provided. You can stop by Guest Services and get a copy, many times they have a stack off to one side, so you do not have to wait in line.

Posted (edited)

A dining room will be open.

Easy enough to see if it is one of those that are there near the Piazza.  If not, ask around, or head down to the Aft dining room on Deck 6.  (Have to get there by the Aft elevator.)

I have not seen that one being the one open.  And don't know why they would change.

If they are trying to 'hide' the fact that a dining room is available, then this be one way to help do that!

Edited by Wishing on a star