Reserving Shows?

Not sure if I am correct or not but is it possible to reserve shows and specialty dining before getting on the ship? I thought that I heard that it could be done through the app. Thanks in advance

Yes, but look at the online cruise planner; easier than the app.

What ship?  Entertainment reservations are only available for Icon, Oasis class, and one show on Quantum class.  All other ships are first come, first serve.  If entertainment is reservable, it starts to appear the 1st of the month prior to the sailing date (e.g., 8/1 of 9/1-9/30 sail dates). 

16 minutes ago, CChamp said:

Not sure if I am correct or not but is it possible to reserve shows and specialty dining before getting on the ship? I thought that I heard that it could be done through the app. Thanks in advance

Depending on what ship you are on show reservations can be done on the app..specialty dining is a yes..you can book pre-cruise

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, CChamp said:

@coachmike1959, specialty dining can only reserved in advance for individual restaurant purchases, not with multi night dining packages.  Dining packages will be assigned a placeholder when booked through the planner for night one or two at a restaurant, which can be confirmed or changed along with reserving the rest of the weeks' dining once on board through any of the SR's maître d's.

My understanding is there is discussion about having that process changed to allow reservations with dining packages to be made on the planner.  But none of that was in place with our NYE Oasis cruise, and everything was still done on board as described.  Not aware of that changing yet.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

9 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Dining packages will be assigned a placeholder when booked through the planner for night one or two at a restaurant, which can be confirmed or changed along with reserving the rest of the weeks' dining once on board through any of the SR's maître d's

This "place holder" reservation is now longer the case.  I have purchased at least a half dozen dining packages in the past 3 weeks on various ships and not one of them had the old place holder requirement.  This is a GOOD thing, IMO.  It allows you to book all of your MTD reservations without some ghost "place holder" blocking your availability.  Once onboard, you can sort it all out but AFAIK the old place holder is DED.

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

This "place holder" reservation is now longer the case.  I have purchased at least a half dozen dining packages in the past 3 weeks on various ships and not one of them had the old place holder requirement.  This is a GOOD thing, IMO.  It allows you to book all of your MTD reservations without some ghost "place holder" blocking your availability.  Once onboard, you can sort it all out but AFAIK the old place holder is DED.

Then that is certainly new and an update from our NYE cruise.  Also would make the D+ BOGO planning easier as well. Thanks.

48 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Then that is certainly new and an update from our NYE cruise.  Also would make the D+ BOGO planning easier as well. Thanks.

Agree !  You are very welcome.

On 7/14/2024 at 11:11 AM, RFerrington said:

Are you able to make dining reservations now with your package? I bought the UDP for a 9/1/24 sailing and can’t make reservations. I’m stuck on the old system I guess where we have to reserve for the week in person after embarking.

2 hours ago, Cdude said:

Are you able to make dining reservations now with your package? I bought the UDP for a 9/1/24 sailing and can’t make reservations. I’m stuck on the old system I guess where we have to reserve for the week in person after embarking.

I have not been able to make any dining package reservations prior to boarding on any cruise/ship yet.

On 7/14/2024 at 10:10 AM, CChamp said:

It depends on the ship. On some ships, you can't reserve shows even AFTER you're on the ship.