Booking for a small group

I'm trying to plan a cruise for my DH and me, along with my 3 adult kids and their SO's / Spouses. Am I best off booking everything on my own, or should I get a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner or find a local TA? I'm in the Phoenix AZ area, so any recommendations for a TA that you love?

13 minutes ago, Meditrina said:

I'm trying to plan a cruise for my DH and me, along with my 3 adult kids and their SO's / Spouses. Am I best off booking everything on my own, or should I get a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner or find a local TA? I'm in the Phoenix AZ area, so any recommendations for a TA that you love?

Cruise Critic does not allow members to recommend TA's.  It looks like you will need 4 cabins.  If you are experience, then you can do this on your own.  I would suggest finding a good local TA to help you out (won't cost you anything). I have never used a PCP or whatever they are called.  You could try calling and "interviewing" a few over the phone.  

I have booked 5 cabins with my TA.  It's like herding cats, unless you have a lot of patience and organizational skills.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Meditrina said:

You should definitely use either a Cruise Vacation Planner or a TA. With four cabins, you can qualify for some small amount of group amenities (possibly a small amount of OBC) that you would not get if you booked online. Either a Cruise Vacation Planner or a TA should be able to do this.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Meditrina said:

Yes use a travel agent whether it is for 2 people or 8. usually, there’s perks or onboard credit associated with using a travel agent, and they can be your advocate if something goes wrong.

they can advise you of things that you didn’t even know that you needed to know, etc..
Not allowed on cruise critic to recommend an agent. Just google one that specializes in cruises or better yet especially princess cruises. They are out there. Google travel agents in Gilbert, AZ.

I live in Arizona like you, but my travel agent is in California.

Perhaps one of your family members or  friends, can recommend one?

if you prefer to do things in person then find one in the local Gilbert/Santan Valley /East Valley area. If you don’t mind where the travel agent is and you like to do things over the phone or by email, then there must be one of your family or friends that can recommend one I would think? 
Looks like you have cruised Princess a few times,did you book all your other cruises on your own? 

Edited by arizonaperson

17 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Yes use a travel agent whether it is for 2 people or 8. usually, there’s perks or onboard credit associated with using a travel agent, and they can be your advocate if something goes wrong.

they can advise you of things that you didn’t even know that you needed to know, etc..
Not allowed on cruise critic to recommend an agent. Just google one that specializes in cruises or better yet especially princess cruises. They are out there. Google travel agents in Gilbert, AZ.

I live in Arizona like you, but my travel agent is in California.

Perhaps one of your family members or  friends, can recommend one?

if you prefer to do things in person then find one in the local Gilbert/Santan Valley /East Valley area. If you don’t mind where the travel agent is and you like to do things over the phone or by email, then there must be one of your family or friends that can recommend one I would think? 
Looks like you have cruised Princess a few times,did you book all your other cruises on your own? 

Usually when it is just my DH and me I book myself. Our last family cruise we used a family friend who was a TA, but sadly she has passed away. I did do a little searching online, but will do more. I wasn't aware that CC did not allow TA recommendations when I did my post. 

• Like 1

I have not read any of the postings on your question. I just wanted to let you know that for our Regal ship this February, I had a Princess PVP, and she was so good with our group of 8, I just used her for our next cruise on the Enchanted this coming February. When booking the 4 rooms, she just added on the Premier Package, OBC, etc. all in one price, for the 4 rooms. This way, instead of breaking everything down, she just put it in one ball figure, which made it so much easier to break down between the 4 couples.