Luggage Tags

Solitarycruiser

1 hour ago, Solitarycruiser said:

I am 40 days out from my cruise.  When should I expect my luggage tags?  Where will they show up?

They won't show up. You will get them at the hotel if you have an included hotel, or when you board.

For our cruise that departed June 18, we were told by Silversea that our luggage tags would be at the pier in NYC. However, when we arrived at the pier, the baggage handler was surprised and did not know what to do with our bags because they had no tags. Luckily, we were able to find a Silversea rep who got us some tags that were applied to our bags. A silly system in my view. Many cruise lines now make the luggage tags available online -- just print them and attach them yourself. Never had a problem with it.

They have not sent out luggage tags since before covid. When the restart happened in the summer of 2021 they chose not to restart luggage tags.

Post covid we only received luggage  tags for our cruise on the Nova this past January. Those tags came by mail about 2.5 weeks before cruise departure, but had the wrong cabin number.

For our other 8 or so post-covid cruises -  on the Muse, Dawn and Moon - we've had no issue  getting luggage tags either at the Silversea hotel or the pier.