Celebrity Apex for a first time sailing with Celebrity Cruises

I have booked a cruise aboard Celebrity Apex for 2025 within Europe. now this will be my first time ever that I have sailed with Celebrity Cruises. I have a solo edge infinite veranda on deck 6 (I know this is an obstructed view due to the lifeboats which I'm completely fine with as I won't be using the window much). I also know we will need a Schegan area 

ESTIA visa and travel insurance next year. I'm just a little nervous, anxious and apprehensive as I do not have any clue what to expect. have any of you got the return coach down to and from Southampton for their Celebrity Cruise? do any veteran Celebrity cruisers have any advice for a first timer on this ship as it would all be very much appreciated. 

What advice would be useful?  And why are you nervous?  I think you will be impressed with the service and maybe the food too.  And that ship is not perfect but it’s very nice.  I was on the sister ship Beyond.

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What advice would be useful?  And why are you nervous?  I think you will be impressed with the service and maybe the food too.  And that ship is not perfect but it’s very nice.  I was on the sister ship Beyond.

I always get nervous when it's a completely new ship to me that I'm sailing on(I have no clue why but its just the way I am). all information would be useful like is the Magic Carpet worth doing? what are the Theatre Shows, Speciality Dining Restaurants and the Buffet Oceanview Cafe like? 

15 minutes ago, CountryStyleMe said:

I always get nervous when it's a completely new ship to me that I'm sailing on(I have no clue why but its just the way I am). all information would be useful like is the Magic Carpet worth doing? what are the Theatre Shows, Speciality Dining Restaurants and the Buffet Oceanview Cafe like? 

I never go to buffets on vacation.  I drive to one 45 minutes from my house when I’m in the mood for one.  It’s a nostalgia thing.  Many people say the buffet is quite nice.  I prefer the MDR if nothing else available.  But if you need a quick lunch the buffet is fine.  There is a lot of variety.

I have been on the Le Voyage on Beyond.  It was good but I hated the lack of windows.  No view, a bit dark.  Eden was very nice.  I like Murano and my husband likes Tuscan.  I like fancy food.

1 hour ago, CountryStyleMe said:

Since you are on the CC Celebrity information pages, I suggest you scroll through the titles of all the threads for Apex, eclass etc you will find a lot of very good information.  

We're in the same "boat" so to speak. Sorry, bad pun!  I just booked on the Apex transatlantic for my first cruise with Celebrity. I have found some helpful Youtube videos showing the ship, restaurants and tips. It looks like an amazing ship to me and food, which is always so subjective, seems to be quite good -- even the buffet. Although we have been in upper level suites on other cruise lines, we aren't doing that here, but so far from what I've seen, I think we'll be fine. We just enjoy having access to some more private areas with fewer people, but it looks like Apex has a lot of very nice areas to enjoy.

2 hours ago, CountryStyleMe said:

like is the Magic Carpet worth doing?

It’s just a bar/lounge area, with the unique aspect of hanging off the side of the ship. Most days you can find a seat (we always could on a Transatlantic). It also serves as seating for the Sushi on 5 restaurant in the evenings.

9 hours ago, CountryStyleMe said:

I have booked a cruise aboard Celebrity Apex for 2025 within Europe. now this will be my first time ever that I have sailed with Celebrity Cruises. I have a solo edge infinite veranda on deck 6 (I know this is an obstructed view due to the lifeboats which I'm completely fine with as I won't be using the window much). I also know we will need a Schegan area 

ESTIA visa and travel insurance next year. I'm just a little nervous, anxious and apprehensive as I do not have any clue what to expect. have any of you got the return coach down to and from Southampton for their Celebrity Cruise? do any veteran Celebrity cruisers have any advice for a first timer on this ship as it would all be very much appreciated. 

Your best resource would be to go to the Reviews section above.  There are 220 reviews of the Celebrity Apex.   Choose a couple of those to read and enjoy this great resource. You will obtain a wide variety of perspectives at that location.

13 hours ago, CountryStyleMe said:

Did you sign up for the Roll Call group on your cruise?  You might meet some other cruisers with similar questions.  And possibly other solo cruisers.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Did you sign up for the Roll Call group on your cruise?  You might meet some other cruisers with similar questions.  And possibly other solo cruisers.

I did not know there was such a thing as a roll call for my cruise.

15 hours ago, CountryStyleMe said:

have any of you got the return coach down to and from Southampton for their Celebrity Cruise?

Take National Express.  Much cheaper than the X transfer, and almost as easy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, CountryStyleMe said:

I LOVE Eclass--have sailed Edge 2x, Apex & Beyond 2x since restart with Ascent booked for Dec. Love the new design.

Celebrity service & food are a small tick better than other lines, imo. That is what drew us to Celebrity the 1st time we sailed them 10 yrs ago.

Maget Carpet is a great bar to hang out in, but I would not dine there--Celebrity excels at specialty dining. Eden is the clear winner on Apex, imo. Buffet is quite good, but a buffet nonetheless.

Eclass shows are a step up from other Celebrity ships & most other lines--this is an Imax-like theatre. They are contemporary & terrific. Even DH isn't much of a show guy, but he likes Eclass.

Martini bar is the hub--seating may be hard to come by during popular times. 

Cafe al Bacio is the floor up & a great place to still hear the band by the Martini bar.

Sunset Bar is the perfect place for sailaway (tho, again, tends to be popular for that!)

We do like the infinite verandahs--it really opens up the room & gives it lots of light. We find it no difference than a covered balcony--except you get that advantage of the extra room when the window is up.

Have a wonderful time!

(we always have done British Express for our transfers, but there were always 4 of us, so cost effective. Look into National Express or transfers via Celebrity)

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jwlane said:

Take National Express.  Much cheaper than the X transfer, and almost as easy.

We did that many years ago and it worked out just fine!