YC Cabin question

ZandZ

Posted (edited)

Hi. We are two bffs taking a YC cruise on Meraviglia.  We are splurging as we normally do Aurea. We have both been on Mera, one of us very recently. With that, we are having a difficult time deciding on a cabin. We have 18001 "on hold" at the moment. Other availability for our sailing are on decks 18th, 15 and 14, but nothing directly in the front. We are not concerned about the movement (we enjoy it) and our number one thing is the views. I understand that 18001 is the closest to the restaurant, but I would be willing to deal with a bit of noise for the better view. Does anyone have any advice/reason we should avoid 18001, I know it seems to be the last to go.

Appreciate any and all advice as a YC first timer!

Edited by ZandZ
added ship name

Cellfree, we are. that is a good point! personally not seeing the light show is not important to me, i will check with my girl. i appreciate the input.

5 minutes ago, The Dad said:

If you are in the YC, do not worry about the view of your room.  Had a balcony in YC this past February, best views were from Topsail

Thank you!

16 minutes ago, ZandZ said:

Cellfree, we are. that is a good point! personally not seeing the light show is not important to me, i will check with my girl. i appreciate the input.

Personally we don’t find the Lighthouse Show too fascinating. But  viewing the Island from your Balcony would be lovely. On the other hand what @The Dad said is also very true. 

• Like 1

We do like the 15th floor as it is out of the way and we do not mind walking to get to the Top Sail or YC restaurant.  Also, cabins above and below.    

• Thanks 1

We sailed on the Meraviglia in November and were in cabin 18010. We absolutely loved it. One flight up to the Sun Deck, one flight down to the Top Sail Lounge, and a 10 second walk to the Top Sail restaurant. We had no noise issues and a great view of Ocean Cay when were were docked. We loved the cabin so much that while we were onboard, we booked the exact same cabin for a cruise next March.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much everyone! Yes I agree that the light show is not all that (for us) as we live close enough to Coney Island to experience tons on light and fireworks on the beach any Summer Friday.

After zooming in on a million pictures of Mera it started to look to us like 18001 has a small balcony. We changed to another cabin and booked.  Very excited - we aren't super bothered by crowds and lines (except people pushing to get on an elevator, that's a pet peeve) and do not consider ourselves fancy but this is going to be very special.

• Like 1

Those of you who have been on deck 18, did you have noise in the morning when they moved the deck chairs around on 19? We were on Seascape last year on the deck below the pool deck, and at around 6:30AM they started making the noise.... 

On 7/16/2024 at 11:53 AM, The Dad said:

Had a balcony in YC this past February, best views were from Topsail

Or if the weather i nice, I am sure the view from the Pool Deck is fantastic as well.  I am not sure how late the bar on the pool deck stays open.  Worse case you may have to go back and forth to get drinks from the Top Sail Lounge .. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am not sure how late the bar on the pool deck stays open.

Regardless of the published "close" time of the One Pool bar, once it gets later into the evening they will close if no guests are up there. If you're going to stay on that deck longer, you will have success in getting them to stay open a bit longer if you let them know of your intention to stay up there. And, of course, if you've established a nice relationship with one or more of the bartenders up there, you'll be all set. 😉 It's just like TSL -- where they will close early if everyone has left, but will stay open late if guests are still there.

Edited by Best Cat Mom