Spa use in the YC

Nikimwanders

This will be my first time on MSC and I am really looking forward to using their beautiful spa. Do you have to make a reservation to use the wet areas in the spa, like the snow room, sauna, hot tub.. etc? And do you only have access for one visit or can you use it every day? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nikimwanders said:

This will be my first time on MSC and I am really looking forward to using their beautiful spa. Do you have to make a reservation to use the wet areas in the spa, like the snow room, sauna, hot tub.. etc? And do you only have access for one visit or can you use it every day? 

You can use it every day. 
The first day we had an appointment and asked for an orientation. 
Following days we always made appointments and you check in at desk and walk in and do your thing. 

Posted (edited)

They should tell you in the YC area the day you board about the reservations.  We have been told most times only on Sea days do you need a reservation but that might vary by ship and how busy it is.

Which ship? 

Edited by GPPhilly

On 7/16/2024 at 11:55 AM, Nikimwanders said:

I've read different things on CC regarding the YC and the thermal spa, I will say we never made a reservation just walked in, showed our wristbands and enjoyed the facilities, this was on the Seascape.  The salt room fills up and stays filled up fast but everything else is fairly available.

• Like 1

Thanks for that KittyCruz. I am hoping I can just show up to enjoy the wet areas when it is time to relax. It sounds like you had some luck with that so I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I do love a cruise with a wonderful spa.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nikimwanders said:

I am hoping I can just show up to enjoy the wet areas when it is time to relax. 

We visit the spa each day.  Have never made a reservation, and have always been greeted w/ a smile and welcomed right in.

• Like 1

When we were on Mera in May of 2023, we started out with reservations but since the area was never overcrowded, we just showed up every day. We were not YC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2024 at 11:49 AM, KittyCruz said:

The salt room fills up and stays filled up fast but everything else is fairly available.

I stay away from that room, KC.

I've been known to be rather salty on occasion and I wouldn't want to exacerbate things.

Edited by no1talks
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Reservations are suggested and the concierge can help, even if it means calling down to the spa right before you leave.  

We did not visit the Spa at all on our first cruise.  What areas of the Spa require reservations or should we tell the Concierge which area(s) we want to use.  Our primary use would be the sauna.  

We will be in the YC on Seascape. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1