App Mystery - 2 logins to same account

RDJ

I have a dilemma that has been around a while now, no tech staff on board my last Princess cruise could solve it (2 years ago). I’m looking to all of you to see if someone has experienced this and can advise a solution that worked for them (vs making the problem worse)

I have the app on my iPhone, I can login with my credentials and access everything I need with no problem.

My husband has the app on his iPhone too. When he logs in with his credentials (which are unique/not the same as mine), it will work as far as allowing him to physically log in. 

HOWEVER, it loads MY profile (not his). So when he uses HIS credentials on his app, it loads with my name, my photo, my email, etc. Essentially it’s like we have 2 different logins that connect to the same account (which is mine only). 

I don’t want to ‘delete account’ and start his over because what if it deletes mine? (Literally everything he sees is as if it’s my account/profile). 

Here’s another piece to the puzzle! If he logs in with the booking number, name, and DOB (instead of username and password), it will bring up his profile with his photo and name. However it still shows my email and it doesn’t always remember him for auto logging back in (like the username does).

If he logs into the web version using his own credentials, it comes up with my name and email (which is not editable) but then looks like an incomplete registration screen. I’m reluctant to fill that out given it has my name for fear it makes things worse.

So to summarize:

1) his app login credentials loads my profile 

2) his web login credentials loads a partially registered account but still my name

3) he can use app via booking number and it pulls his profile (with my email), but it doesn’t always remember the info and he gets frustrated everytime he launches the app that he needs to look up the booking number

4) on board tech support couldn’t figure this out 

5) he doesn’t want to use the login that brings up my profile because it doesn’t work for the drink delivery option

Anyone experience this??

28 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you ever solve this, you could get a job with Princess IT.  I am no help to you.  Sorry.

I am in IT for unfortunately not for Princess haha! Sounds like they need me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Have you just gone to the Princess web site and logged in as him and looked at the info there? I've found my email and phone number on my wife's account more than once. Make sure his Captain's Circle number is correct and that he doesn't have 2 numbers. That happened to me once. It "might" be as simple as editing the details on the web site. (Of course it also might be due to the total ineptitude of the Princess IT team...)

Are you using the newest version of the app?

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Have you just gone to the Princess web site and logged in as him and looked at the info there? I've found my email and phone number on my wife's account more than once. Make sure his Captain's Circle number is correct and that he doesn't have 2 numbers. That happened to me once. It "might" be as simple as editing the details on the web site. (Of course it also might be due to the total ineptitude of the Princess IT team...)

Are you using the newest version of the app?

Yes (under my #2 notes) when I try logging into the website as him it shows my name instead and email with an incomplete registration form and it doesn’t let me edit the info (locked for editing). Since he can’t login he can’t see his member number to double check that either.

I believe this problem is caused sometimes when 2 persons at one time used the same email login but different passwords. Before, Princess website did not care.

Now, it causes this issue and you need to have your Princess.com logins reset and make sure there are no other Captain circle numbers linked to the email/phone number that might have been created in the past.

On board, he will have to continue to login via booking number and DOB, so yes a little bit of a hassle, but this usually will have APP work properly on board.

You will need to have Princess.com userid’s unique and also do not use same password for each of you. You might have other Captain circle numbers tied to your emails or phone number, so this needs to be cleaned up so there is only the ONE.

This sounds like something my friends went thru because at one time they used same email but different password to differentiate the 2 accounts and or there are other Captain circle accounts/numbers linked to your email/phone number.

See if any of these conditions exists for your accounts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

I believe this problem is caused sometimes when 2 persons at one time used the same email login but different passwords. Before, Princess website did not care.

Now, it causes this issue and you need to have your Princess.com logins reset and make sure there are no other Captain circle numbers linked to the email/phone number that might have been created in the past.

On board, he will have to continue to login via booking number and DOB, so yes a little bit of a hassle, but this usually will have APP work properly on board.

You will need to have Princess.com userid’s unique and also do not use same password for each of you. You might have other Captain circle numbers tied to your emails or phone number, so this needs to be cleaned up so there is only the ONE.

This sounds like something my friends went thru because at one time they used same email but different password to differentiate the 2 accounts and or there are other Captain circle accounts/numbers linked to your email/phone number.

See if any of these conditions exists for your accounts.

It does feel like something along these lines. He originally never had a website login, I did all the coordinating for both of us with my login, but once the ‘app’ came into play we had to create him his own account (which was years ago now so unsure what steps were taken back then).

Do you think I have to work with Princess support to have the logins reset? We already have unique logins as in different usernames and passwords. I feel like if I contact them the only ‘reset’ they will understand is resetting a password which won’t fix the issue. Or are you thinking to save the captains circle numbers and delete accounts and then recreate? I do agree we need to get his login working on the web!

I’m a bit reluctant to end up making my access disappear and then both logins are messed up knowing we have future cruises on the books lol! We sail next month so I may make him continue with just his booking and then work on resolving after this cruise but before the next…

Do not recreate accounts, it could even further complicate your issues.  

You can either leave it status quo, until after your cruise next month or call PCL and follow prompts for Ocean Ready to correct.  Hopefully, you will get an agent who can correct this.  

It sounds as though you may have used same email addresses for these at one point. Even changing ones email and password can wreak havoc on this App.  Ridiculous!

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Do not recreate accounts, it could even further complicate your issues.  

You can either leave it status quo, until after your cruise next month or call PCL and follow prompts for Ocean Ready to correct.  Hopefully, you will get an agent who can correct this.  

It sounds as though you may have used same email addresses for these at one point. Even changing ones email and password can wreak havoc on this App.  Ridiculous!

Previous attempts with online support did not end with a solution, they ultimately said to see a tech person once on board to which we did and they couldn’t resolve either. But some time has passed since we’ve last tried so maybe I’ll give them another try after this sailing!

29 minutes ago, RDJ said:

Previous attempts with online support did not end with a solution, they ultimately said to see a tech person once on board to which we did and they couldn’t resolve either. But some time has passed since we’ve last tried so maybe I’ll give them another try after this sailing!

I did get a knowledgeable rep. last week, Alex.  I was surprised and had delayed the call for months.  🥴

If they can’t help, you could ask the Captain Circle Loyalty department to look into your accounts and see if they can correct it.

Email address:

captainscircle@princesscruises.com

Let us know if you’re able to get this corrected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have a weird problem at the moment. I've spoken to Princess and Captains Circle several times with no resolution.  All they say is that 'its probably an issue at their end' and 'hopefully it will be resolved'.....If I log in to the app using my email address and password, I can see our upcoming cruise and my loyalty level is correct. If I log in to princess.com with exactly the same email and password, I get my details, but with a newly issued Captains Club number, no previous cruises and no sign of my booked cruise. Not suggesting this is the same issue, but Princess are equally reluctant to do anything to sort it out, other than issuing platitudes, saying they are aware it's happened to other people as well

Edited by milamber

Have you tried deleting any data for the app (Android let's you do this) and then delete the app. Reinstall app and see what happens. This will *not* delete the account with Princess...

Wish I had help for you. I actually have different passwords for the app and website. Same email user name but different passwords. And if I try to change it on the website to match the app , it thinks it’s a new account . lol..I just let it be 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Have you tried deleting any data for the app (Android let's you do this) and then delete the app. Reinstall app and see what happens. This will *not* delete the account with Princess...

I have not, I may try that… but that wouldn’t address the odd behavior when he uses the same login on the website.