Embarkation Life Boat Drill ?

I think there should be penalties.  If you don't check into your muster station by the deadline, you have to go to one of the theaters and listen to a longer more elaborate demonstration of the muster drill.   Descriptions of each thing on the life vests, with the reason they are there as well as demonstrations on how to use each item (as if talking to pre-schoolers)

if you can't get to your muster when you're supposed to, you will have to endure a more time consuming muster!!

(I'm kidding, obviously - but they should have some sort of real penalty for not getting to your muster station within the allotted time frame)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I do hear what you are saying but "doing it right" means doing it before the deadline. Your way is simply a preference and everyone's preference will be different. 

Sure, which is also why I said

"Ultimately, everyone can do whatever they want. The arguments against doing it right away don't make any sense, IMO."

4 minutes ago, notscb said:

Sure, which is also why I said

"Ultimately, everyone can do whatever they want. The arguments against doing it right away don't make any sense, IMO."

That's the beautiful thing about personal preference- no argument is needed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, john91498 said:

I'm glad they decided to use this new system. I remember the old days where we had to assemble at our life boat. While waiting in the blazing sun, some of the elderly folks were literally getting heat stroke. There was 1 time when an elderly woman collapsed because of heat stroke. That was very scary...

Hated the old system. This is so much better. I remember my first cruise my husband and I hurried down to the Muster Station only to wait and wait and wait for people who didn't show up. I think they had to go hunt them down and drag them in while we all stood and waited.

• Like 1

Being completely honest here...  I absolutely love how easy the muster drill is now

BUT...  there was confusion as to where we were supposed to be, had several people direct us to different areas - so by the time we actually got to our location we'd already been to a couple of other muster stations.

I have to say that if an emergency were to happen and we'd had to have located that muster station quickly, I don't think we could have done it.   Because we were in our correct location for such a short amount of time, I question whether or not we would have even remembered where to go.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2024 at 9:10 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I have always said, if they mandate cruisers to do the drill before inbibing, it would get dome a LOT sooner

I agree, NO drinks until your muster is done!! 😎

• Like 5

On 7/19/2024 at 5:24 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

My question, on Celebrity there is no more life boat drill, you watch a video on your app and check in your designated area where your card is scanned and its all done. 

This is EXACTLY how it was for us on the Venezia on the July 4th sailing. We boarded early and while eating lunch at Guy's, we noticed there was a video in the Hub App. We both watched and when we did end up going to check into the muster station, we were expecting to have to watch the lifejacket demo, but she told us we were all set. It was so easy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 6:49 PM, Mike45LC said:

I never head over to the muster station until I have left my carry-ins in the cabin (a privileged of priority boarding) and usually eaten lunch.  I think the muster station check-in deadline is 3:00 pm, and I need to break my fast more than doing an early muster check-in. 

That's my plan as well, although I have a massage schedule at 1:30, so might make more sense to drop bags, muster then lunch.

On 7/25/2024 at 5:18 PM, Cruising_Addict said:

This is EXACTLY how it was for us on the Venezia on the July 4th sailing. We boarded early and while eating lunch at Guy's, we noticed there was a video in the Hub App. We both watched and when we did end up going to check into the muster station, we were expecting to have to watch the lifejacket demo, but she told us we were all set. It was so easy!

Interesting! We've never seen the video on the Hub app, just on the room TV.