Dress Code Question

Razok

Just out of curiosity, I went to one of the boards that is more known for "Get aboard, get drunk, stay drunk" and queried "Dress Code".

😁🙃😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Txcotn said:

We've attended these in the past but the last time, the music was so deafening we left.

Agreed. Decibel levels that loud can damage one’s hearing.

Rob

• Thanks 1

My husband and I have trouble tolerating the high decibel sounds that seem to be part of the show music on every cruise line nowadays.  

So we bought a pair of those noise-canceling ear plugs that the young people use when they go to rock concerts.

Before we head off to the after-dinner shows, we pop them in and we can enjoy the music with clarity and without the loud and high-pitched noises.

• Like 4

OK, sorry, but....

if I'm going to be told I have one foot in the sartorial grave, complete with helpful pictures, because I wear khaki pants, I would appreciate that poster being able to spell the word "khaki."

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to iron my button-down shirts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Posted (edited)

Ken, thank you so much for your important work in identifying, and most importantly, pointing out spelling issues in others' forum posts. If you can momentarily withdraw yourself from this critical endeavor, give DePandi a ring for an appointment. They likely can't help with pedanticism, but Eduardo can do wonders for one's wardrobe. Be well

Edited by moto_italia
  • Haha 3

Jeans (dungarees) on Saturday working in yard. Period. I wouldn’t think about wearing jeans in Waterside. 
Isn’t one of the reasons we sail Crystal because we like to dress like ladies and gents?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

Jeans (dungarees) on Saturday working in yard. Period. I wouldn’t think about wearing jeans in Waterside. 
Isn’t one of the reasons we sail Crystal because we like to dress like ladies and gents?

I believe you have posted that you are in your 80s; you are not required to like it. but you might as well accept that your view is outdated and you accept what is or you chose to not accept it. Whichever way you go, it's not going to change reality.

Patty

P.S. I'm closer to 80 than 70 but long ago realized the world has changed!!

• Like 6

I have no choice but to accept the changes but that doesn’t mean I have to adopt them. Besides, I don’t even own jeans and have way too many snazzy bow ties and silk squares. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Whipsnade said:

I have no choice but to accept the changes but that doesn’t mean I have to adopt them. Besides, I don’t even own jeans and have way too many snazzy bow ties and silk squares. 

Of course you don’t have to adopt them! I’m guessing you would frequently win the best-dressed award. Never abandon your principles!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Indeed you are correct. Not only compliments from the ladies (always welcome) but gents too. 
My philosophy is that you are what you wear and we all wear uniforms. So why not put your best foot forward?

• Like 4