Why can’t NCL bring back the 14 night cruises to the Caribbean???

NCL USED TO DO 14 night Caribbean cruises either round trip out of Boston in the fall or repositioning cruises to Caribbean. Why can’t they do these again? Pre pandemic we had so many choices out of Boston but now we are limited to Bermuda or Canada. The 2026 to Bermuda out of Boston itinerary looks horrible.Looking at other cruise lines. Never been on any other cruise line except NCL.

maybe now it's either cost prohibitive or just no longer profitable.  if you dont mind a few hrs in the air, check out the jan 5th thru 19th round trip from miami. seems like an amazing itinerary. personally, i would jump on it, but we're on the prima sept 26th  thru oct oct 6th from iceland, and nov, 5th thru 26 from barcelona to capetown. plus we were on the 17 trans atlantic from rio to lisbon this past april we need to spend some time back at home

• Like 1

There are a couple longer Caribbean cruises, but not necessarily out of Boston.

There's a 12-day round trip NY in February of 2026. There's a 12-day NY to Tampa in January 2026. There's a 14-day round trip out of Tampa in November/December 2025. There are probably some others, but those are the ones that popped out at me for 2025/26 when I was researching replacement cruises for the one we are going to cancel.

34 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

There are a couple longer Caribbean cruises, but not necessarily out of Boston.

There's a 12-day round trip NY in February of 2026. There's a 12-day NY to Tampa in January 2026. There's a 14-day round trip out of Tampa in November/December 2025. There are probably some others, but those are the ones that popped out at me for 2025/26 when I was researching replacement cruises for the one we are going to cancel.

We are booked in January of 26 for a 14 night out of Galveston

26 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We are booked in January of 26 for a 14 night out of Galveston

I remember that one now, but it didn't make the cut of one that would work for us. Therefore, it wasn't on my list of replacement cruises. 😁

4 hours ago, hladygirl said:

NCL USED TO DO 14 night Caribbean cruises either round trip out of Boston in the fall or repositioning cruises to Caribbean. Why can’t they do these again? Pre pandemic we had so many choices out of Boston but now we are limited to Bermuda or Canada. The 2026 to Bermuda out of Boston itinerary looks horrible.Looking at other cruise lines. Never been on any other cruise line except NCL.

Who says they can't?

I have been cruising NCL since 2014, and between then and now I have seen exactly one 14 day Caribbean cruise round trip Boston. It was on Oct. 25, 2019, and I was on it.  I have constantly looked for something other than Bermuda/Canada New England cruises, the October 2019 cruise is the only one I have ever seen.  I would love to see another cruise like that one, just before the pandemic.

When I saw Holland America's 21 day Caribbean from Boston back in January this year, I jumped on it.  Since that time the pricing has really gone up.  We paid a total of $5442 (cruise only) for a VF veranda room, and now it appears HAL is forcing buying "have it all" - their version of NCL's "free at sea".  Even though the pricing now includes port fees and taxes, if we were to book the same category today, we would be shelling out $9128.

10 minutes ago, BenDover said:

Just book a back-to-back 😎

When you leave from Boston or NYC, you need 2-3 days to sail to the Caribbean (as opposed to just doing a run to Bermuda/Florida), which is why the rare 12-14 day cruises from there are great.   I wish they had more of them from NY too.

• Like 1

Looks like there are about 7 14 night Caribbean itineraries in 2025 and 6 scheduled for 2026.  Granted, they're all out of southern ports - Tampa, Galveston, Miami, New Orleans.  There's a ccuple of 14 day repositioning cruises (Prima, Escape) departing New York and heading to southern ports for their disembarkation.

If you include 10, 11, and 12 day itineraries, the number jumps to 31 in 2025, 7 out of New York, but none out of Boston / Baltimore.

Looks like Boston is locked in for Bermuda and the Eastern Canada cruises for the next couple years.

I am not too familiar with the number of longer sailings NCL has/had out of Boston...but I am very disappointed in the cutbacks they have done with the longer cruises out of NYC. Between the cutbacks themselves along with the huge price increases they have put in...it's no wonder so many people are looking and booking on other cruise lines out of the NYC area such as MSC, Carnival, and Royal. 

• Like 4

I really loved the one week itinerary out of SanJuan on the Viva this year. I did 4 b2b2b2b of this port intensive itinerary for month of February in the Caribbean. San Juan is a terrific embark port -easiest checkin ever - and i found JetBlue fares very good.  All in all, for me, best total price for a winter month in the Caribbean, and EVERY day is a beach day. sometimes thinking outside the box results in perfect.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BenDover said:

Just book a back-to-back 😎

As long as each leg of the back-to-back is 5 days you will get all your loyalty perks on each leg.

Both my wife an I are above platinum, so that gives us 4 specialty meals comped, and 4 bags of laundry for the 2 weeks.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2024 at 12:25 PM, vince_g said:

I have been cruising NCL since 2014, and between then and now I have seen exactly one 14 day Caribbean cruise round trip Boston. It was on Oct. 25, 2019, and I was on it.  I have constantly looked for something other than Bermuda/Canada New England cruises, the October 2019 cruise is the only one I have ever seen.  I would love to see another cruise like that one, just before the pandemic.

When I saw Holland America's 21 day Caribbean from Boston back in January this year, I jumped on it.  Since that time the pricing has really gone up.  We paid a total of $5442 (cruise only) for a VF veranda room, and now it appears HAL is forcing buying "have it all" - their version of NCL's "free at sea".  Even though the pricing now includes port fees and taxes, if we were to book the same category today, we would be shelling out $9128.

Actually the Dawn made a repositioning from Boston to New Orleans, 14 days in 2016 and another one in 2017 to Puerto Rico for nine days.  

Edited by bedfordmom

We were on the Dawn 15 day cruise October 30, 2015 Boston to New Orleans.

It was a wonderful cruise with great itinerary and a very active CC roll call thread. Spent two days in Boston prior to the cruise and two days in New Orleans after the cruise.  One of our all time favorite NCL cruise vacations.

Starting in late 2025 the Gem will be sailing out of Jacksonville on 11- and 12-day cruises to the Caribbean.  We're on the Dec 1st sailing.  If you're looking for longer cruises out of NY we're getting on a 14-day in anther 17 days.  Of course, it's going to Greenland and Iceland, not the Caribbean, but it is a longer cruise.

On 7/22/2024 at 4:48 PM, bedfordmom said:

Actually the Dawn made a repositioning from Boston to New Orleans, 14 days in 2016 and another one in 2017 to Puerto Rico for nine days.  

Yes I was aware of that one.  I should have noted that there was only 1 round trip Boston cruise.

😉

On the flip side, I really wish they would add Bermuda from southern ports. We cruised to Bermuda from Charleston SC several years ago and would love to go back but they seem to have dropped Bermuda from southern ports. We are in nw fl so anywhere from the lower east coast would do just fine. 

I loved when NCL used to offer the distinctive voyages. They were longer journeys and included shorex credit, onboard phone calls etc. This was pre Corona. We did a 13 night round trip out of Boston to some pretty cool Caribbean ports, a 14 night out of NYC to the Caribbean in January, and a 14 night out of Tampa to Guatemala, Nicauragua, Belize etc. They were wonderful itineraries, but my guess is they just weren't as profitable as the 7 day rinse and repeat runs.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2024 at 8:27 PM, kitkat343 said:

When you leave from Boston or NYC, you need 2-3 days to sail to the Caribbean (as opposed to just doing a run to Bermuda/Florida), which is why the rare 12-14 day cruises from there are great.   I wish they had more of them from NY too.

Those sea days are what we like.  I want to sail from Boston, to avoid the expense of airfare and hotels.  New York is OK, because we can hop on Amtrak without the need of an overnight in New York.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

Those sea days are what we like.  I want to sail from Boston, to avoid the expense of airfare and hotels.  New York is OK, because we can hop on Amtrak without the need of an overnight in New York.

I also would love these itineraries from Boston. Definitely do not want the hassle of flying, and added expenses. It is so much less stressful to drive an hour to Boston and Poof! you're on vacation sipping cocktails in the atrium or the Great Outdoors. We love the sea days with the anticipation of waking up one of the days to find out we have hit the warm weather