B2b and dining package

We have our first back2back coming up, and we have the dining package for the 2nd leg of the trip. Will I be able to make all the dinner reservations at some point during the first leg of the trip, or will I need to wait until the 2nd portion "starts" before I'll be able to? 

Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

We have our first back2back coming up, and we have the dining package for the 2nd leg of the trip. Will I be able to make all the dinner reservations at some point during the first leg of the trip, or will I need to wait until the 2nd portion "starts" before I'll be able to? 

Thanks! 

Most likely, you will be able to make the reservations for the second half of your B2B while on your first leg, but there's no guarantee.

If you are Diamond or higher or in a full suite, then your odds are significantly better for getting this accomplished.  If not, it will just depend on who you ask to help you.

Even if you are not able to get it done while on the first leg, you will be among the first people back on the ship on leg #2 and you will be able to get to the kiosk(s) much sooner than most.

Unless you have the assistance of one of the Concierges, you will probably have to do the leg work yourself.  You would probably do well to just visit each of the restaurants at which you wish to dine on the following leg...maybe the last day of leg #1 and see if the host will make rezzies for you for the following cruise.  My guess is, they will.  Don't forget about lunch on boarding day !  That will be included in your UDP as well.

No need to visit each restaurant to book your reservations.     While you are onboard ask one of the restaurants if you are able to book for the following sailing.    I believe we have done this the last night of the first cruise.  If they say no, then before they allow passengers to board for 2nd sailing take advantage of the empty ship and ask to book your dining selections.    

• Like 1

The concierge has helped us a few times in the past but not until the last day of the first cruise, so basically after they make the reservations for those in suites. Maybe he was waiting to see my tip amount? 😄 💲     If we are B2B and want a package, we generally get  it the second week. 

With the exception of Hibachi reservations, we were able to get most of the reservations/times we wanted.  

Enjoy the cruises and your meal package.

M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2024 at 11:36 AM, colesc15 said:

Thanks! 

FWIW I was able to do this on Utopia no problem. They actually said we could have done it on the first night but we didn’t have our plans so we waited till the last night of our first leg to make reservations for our 2nd leg but YMMV.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Hooked.on.Royal said:

FWIW I was able to do this on Utopia no problem. They actually said we could have done it on the first night but we didn’t have our plans so we waited till the last night of our first leg to make reservations for our 2nd leg but YMMV.

Excellent because we'll be on utopia. Any idea if I can try to get the Royal railway on the first leg for the 2nd leg since it's sold out online?