Ovation Mexico Summer 2025

RCCL just announced they are putting Ovation in LA next May for the summer. Any idea when it will be open for booking?  Just wondered how long it takes from announcement to being able to book.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Sad that Seattle is losing our Ovation OTS for the 2025 Alaska season.  The Anthem of the Sea will be its replacement.

Hi friend….and I will be bringing in the Anthem from Yokohama.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Garbage...

"Bayley and Freed said Ovation of the Seas' new itineraries out of Los Angeles will range from three to six nights in length. As of late Thursday, the sailings were not yet posted on the Royal Caribbean website."

https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-caribbean-los-angeles-cruise-ovation/

Navigator already has 3, 4 and seven night cruises. Was hoping Ovation would do Northern routes with a occasional Hawaii round trip. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Was hoping Ovation would do Northern routes with a occasional Hawaii round trip. 

I wish, however this is but a mere dream... Royal has found the winning formula....

Double/triple/quadruple the cruise fare (per diem) on shorter cruises because they are more "affordable", take people only to private locations (Labadee, CocoCay) and make them pay even more when they are there (Hideaway Beach, cabanas, etc), or take cruisers to places people don't want to go (Ensenada), therefore they stay on the ship (exactly what Royal wants) and with a 3/4 day sailing cruisers more inclined to spend way way WAAAAAY more onboard (ie. $80 per day drink packages). Maximize revenue/profits... Royal is a for profit business, not a charity to take people on a TransPacific to Hawaii for 1/4 the price of 4 short cruises added together.

It's a no brainer from a business perspective.

Unfortunately it is driving some of us away... like me.

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Hi friend….and I will be bringing in the Anthem from Yokohama.

Hey Deb, how cool is that.  Is it going to Vancouver, or straight to Seattle?    I am jealous that you will be in Japan, and I will not.  ;  )

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Hey Deb, how cool is that.  Is it going to Vancouver, or straight to Seattle?    I am jealous that you will be in Japan, and I will not.  ;  )

Straight to Seattle and then overnighting. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2024 at 9:19 AM, Skicruiser55 said:

RCCL just announced they are putting Ovation in LA next May for the summer. Any idea when it will be open for booking?  Just wondered how long it takes from announcement to being able to book.

Thanks

I booked 2 rooms on 7/25/24 for the 5 night Cabo cruise in June 2025  🙂

Edited by ilikebigships

I'll gladly keep sticking to Navigator for her 7 nighter Mexican Riviera. Got a great deal on an OS for her Feb 2025 cruise.

• Like 1