Suite experience for a Transatlantic cruise on a mega ship

We have cruised Royal Caribbean in the past but our current “go to” cruise lines are Celebrity E class ships and the newer Oceana ships.  That said we are thinking about our first Transatlantic cruise and though there would be enough to do on Celebrity I would also consider a mega RC ship in a suite to get the “ship within a ship” experience of a dedicated restaurant, lounge and pool area plus access all the shows, gym(s), activities, etc.  As a transatlantic cruise will have a number of back to back sea days I would appreciate any input from those who have sailed on a RC mega ship in a suite for a transatlantic cruise ideally from Europe back to South Florida. 

4 hours ago, IDL said:

We have cruised Royal Caribbean in the past

Other than the extra sea days and likely higher proportion of C&A members on board, the TA wouldn’t be that much different from a regular cruise. 

5 hours ago, IDL said:

We have cruised Royal Caribbean in the past but our current “go to” cruise lines are Celebrity E class ships and the newer Oceana ships.  That said we are thinking about our first Transatlantic cruise and though there would be enough to do on Celebrity I would also consider a mega RC ship in a suite to get the “ship within a ship” experience of a dedicated restaurant, lounge and pool area plus access all the shows, gym(s), activities, etc.  As a transatlantic cruise will have a number of back to back sea days I would appreciate any input from those who have sailed on a RC mega ship in a suite for a transatlantic cruise ideally from Europe back to South Florida. 

If you want the true ship within a ship experience, you'll have to look at the Yacht Club for MSC Cruises or the Haven for NCL.

If you are concerned about perks, MSC Cruises matches your loyalty status from Royal or another line, as an incentive.

There are loads of reviews about both the Yacht Club and the Haven. Have fun whatever you decide to do 😀

• Like 2

I’m not really sure what you mean by “ship within a ship”, but suites on Wonder have 2 floors dedicated to suites only. The suite lounge and CK are on one deck, and the other one has the sun deck with pool and bar. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 6:04 AM, IDL said:

We stayed in an Owners Suite during the Wonder WB TA in 2022 and it was fantastic.  Best cabin we've ever stayed in.  Since we were sailing with some Covid restrictions in place at that time we kept mainly to our cabin in hopes of not catching Covid (which we did anyway, but didn't test positive until we got home).  We did have many of our meals in Coastal Kitchen, but we weren't particularly impressed with the selection most of the time.  Coastal Kitchen is also connected to the Suite Lounge area and it offered little treats during the day.  The seating wasn't the most comfortable either, so again, we usually just stayed in our cabin.  The Suite Sun Deck was lovely, although it could get a bit noisy at times.

The Oasis class and higher have a ton of options onboard and we're doing the Allure WB TA next year, although this time in a junior suite and a regular balcony cabin.  We plan on doing more outside of our cabins this time around. 

If you're interested, I have an entire video series on the Wonder TA including our CC cabin crawl showing a bunch of different cabins as well as what a mega ship offers.  You can find the link here: Wonder WB TA 2022 playlist

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 6:04 AM, IDL said:

We have cruised Royal Caribbean in the past but our current “go to” cruise lines are Celebrity E class ships and the newer Oceana ships.

If you prefer Celebrity Edge class ships, and want to do your TA in a suite, I would choose a suite  on X in a heartbeat. We love their Sky and Aqua Suites on that class, and the Retreat on Edge class ships blows RCL's Suite area on Wonder out of the water. On the older Oasis class ships (where the suite sundeck is above the solarium) it's not even a fair fight.

The only downside to X's suites is that they are not physically co-located with the Retreat, so there isn't that "ship within a ship" vibe you would get on other lines. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

If you prefer Celebrity Edge class ships, and want to do your TA in a suite, I would choose a suite  on X in a heartbeat. We love their Sky and Aqua Suites on that class, and the Retreat on Edge class ships blows RCL's Suite area on Wonder out of the water. On the older Oasis class ships (where the suite sundeck is above the solarium) it's not even a fair fight.

The only downside to X's suites is that they are not physically co-located with the Retreat, so there isn't that "ship within a ship" vibe you would get on other lines. 

Agree , but penthouse suite is only a few feet from Luminae and real close to the rest . Really disliked my corner aft sky suite had very long walk to Luminae and retreat . Happy that next cruise is in YC. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, George C said:

Agree , but penthouse suite is only a few feet from Luminae and real close to the rest . Really disliked my corner aft sky suite had very long walk to Luminae and retreat . Happy that next cruise is in YC. 

We usually book a Sky or Aqua suite midship. Need the walk after dinner😇

The penthouse suite is larger than our house😱

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1