Grandeur July 22

17 minutes ago, Travel Daddy said:

That is very disappointing to hear as I sail on her in 19 days.

What are the production shows they are putting on on the Grandeur of the Seas?  I cannot find any listing.

Are you on the RSSC Grandeur or the RCL Grandeur of the Seas? Your sailing date matches the RCL ship which you mention by name in your post but not the RSSC ship.

Dave

21 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I would suggest that any complaint comes with it a follow up comment on what Regent did to address the issue when the guest brought it to their attention. If the guest only complains on the forums and doesn't give Regent a chance to make it right then it is all drama IMO.

21 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

To be sure, there were some glitches, and it wasn't perfect. But nothing that's worth immortalizing in a post. 

There are those who are easily bothered by things that wouldn't even show up on another's radar. I read all kinds of reports, and decide if the complaints are things that would bother me, or give me a sense that the complainer is making mountains out of molehills. 

As someone who always enjoys their Regent Cruises and doesn't find much to complain about, I still believe people have a right to have their opinions heard - positive or negative.

1 minute ago, jjs217 said:

As someone who always enjoys their Regent Cruises and doesn't find much to complain about, I still believe people have a right to have their opinions heard - positive or negative.

I got it. You made your point. 

5 hours ago, Travel Daddy said:

That is very disappointing to hear as I sail on her in 19 days.

What are the production shows they are putting on on the Grandeur?  I cannot find any listing.

The shows are  Pasion- One Night in Buenos Aires, Icons, Ignite the Night, Marauders Ball, Broadway Unplugged.

I have seen the latter 4 before, but no matter, that was way back in March, so I won't remember any of it.

We never miss any of the production shows, and are rarely disappointed.

In addition, the CD Davis Nevin does a show that absolutely knocked my socks off, he is an amazing talent.

12 hours ago, CJANDH said:

Do you know when he is leaving the Grandeur?

He is leaving at the end of this cruise on 9/20.  Andy Galler will be taking over as CD. 

David's next contract will be on the Explorer. 

2 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

That be it! Nice of Regent to recognize me!

Spending any extra time in Montreal? My home town, if you need/wasnt any suggestions.

9 hours ago, boblerm said:

He is leaving at the end of this cruise on 9/20.  Andy Galler will be taking over as CD. 

David's next contract will be on the Explorer. 

That’s good news to me. We’ll be on Explorer in January. We loved his show on Grandeur in January. 

8 hours ago, Gpilon said:

Spending any extra time in Montreal? My home town, if you need/wasnt any suggestions.

We will be flying back to NY when we disembark, but many thanks for the offer.

Fortunately, we do have a full day there before we disembark.

We have been to your home several times, and it is truly one of the great cities in North America.

On 9/14/2024 at 9:27 AM, GMIAC said:

Don't read complaints of other passengers. They're all subjective. We've sailed on Grandeur a total of 21 nights on two separate sailings, and she was superlative in every way imaginable. 

I don't believe they publish a show schedule. You'll read about the daily show in Passages, the onboard activities newsletter. They'll also talk about upcoming shows throughout the duration of the cruise. 

Don't think its fair on a “cruise critic” forum to tell anyone not to read anything. Please continue to take comfort that your one of the few that have had such amazing service and experiences

Edited by SummersinSteamboat

On 9/15/2024 at 1:55 PM, PinkMEB said:

I am not familiar with Andy Galler. Does he do a show like David does?

I have never sailed with him, but I did find one reference here (post 423)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2982972-world-cruise-2024/?do=findComment&comment=67086877

Edited by boblerm

We have sailed with Andrew several times, and he is great!

Yes, he does his own show.

We met him as an Assistant Cruise Director, but I’m pretty sure he was the Cruise Director for the 2024 World Cruise.