RSSC Free Land Program - Questions!

My wife and I are considering Ancient Treasures & Crossroads April 2025.  Regent has a program for the next few weeks where we can get a 3 night included pre or post cruise tour.  Have not called Regent because we would prefer using an online travel agent. Question - because of family commitments, we could only use a pre cruise land program for 2 NIGHTS.  Anybody knows if RSSC would allow that? 

Any suggestions where we could do "due diligence" and help locate an established discount cruise travel agent?   Not cheapest necessarily but experienced, trustworthy and responsive?

2 hours ago, Texas Duck said:

Question - because of family commitments, we could only use a pre cruise land program for 2 NIGHTS.  Anybody knows if RSSC would allow that? 

Unlikely. The fine print for all land programs includes “guests who don’t show up for the first day are counted as no-shows and lose the whole program” or something like that. If you look at the full land program description on the rssc website, you’ll find the exact wording at the bottom of the description. 

You might be able to get a discount if you don’t use the land program. 

You NEED a TA  experienced with Regent as you are asking for something not standard. My recollection is that you must arrive on the first night of the pre-cruise excursion or it is cancelled.

A couple of thoughts... at least in the past if you chose not to go on the "free" land program you could get a credit on the cruise price. When we turned it down, it was $750 per person. So might look into that possibility.

As for shore excursion availability, one thing you can do is have the cruise put on a 7 day hold. You should get a booking confirmation and can enter the booking number into your "My Account" section just like if you've booked the cruise.  You can then go into the Shore Excursion section under "Manage this Booking" and select each port and it will show if excursions have availability or not. Might help you decide if excursions are "make it or break it" for you. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We just booked an August 2025 cruise from Stockholm to Hamburg that included a pre-cruise land program. We declined the land program and we were given a credit of $1000 per person.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We booked this cruise from Stockholm on board in February before the land tour was included.  We did get a 2 category upgrade but we do not get the land tour.  It seemed to me the onboard guarantee about matching any sales would include this.  Not so.  Oh well.😀

We booked our 2025 Navigator cruise a good while back as we need to be booked in advance for work planning. 
I’ve noticed recently a Concierge pre or post land trip available. Am I right in thinking this is not an included at price offer, or an extra pay for trip?  Thanks., Jean.

On 7/31/2024 at 3:59 PM, liptastic said:

We booked our 2025 Navigator cruise a good while back as we need to be booked in advance for work planning. 
I’ve noticed recently a Concierge pre or post land trip available. Am I right in thinking this is not an included at price offer, or an extra pay for trip?  Thanks., Jean.

Your TA should ask Regent.  The worst they can say is no--and maybe give you the new offer or something in between.  Asking will not change your current reservation, so why not give it a try?

Your question is a little confusing to me. If, the pre-/post excursion was listed as a "Special Offer" on the cruise's details page when you booked then you are entitled to it (or a credit) at no extra cost.

If the pre-/post later became available (such as the 7/1/2024 promotion) but is NOT listed under the Special Offers section, you can purchase it (price at end of excursion description) but only get it for "free" if you rebook (sometimes a better deal if you really want to do the excursion).

I think this is accurate but the above advice "ask your TA" is what I do.

Generally the included pre or post cruise tour is also available for purchase if you did not book under the "included land tour" program (as is sounds like you didn't). But if you are outside of the final payment date, just re-price the cruise at the current price that includes the land tour and see if it's worth it.  You should be able to switch over.  But you lose any perks associated with your original booking.  So make sure you add all the "numbers" up to see if it's what you want to do.