New to Seabourn

We are new to Seabourn having cruised extensively on Regent and Silversea.  I have always used the library on other ships and can't find out if there is one on the Ovation. (I don't care for Kindle reading)  Thanks for any help

Seabourn Square acts as the library, with books lining the walls and available to borrow. There are also puzzles, games, newspapers, and computer stations at Seabourn Square.  

• Like 1

I did not find anything I wanted to read on the shelves on Odyssey, recognized few authors. I also saw no newspapers. CruiserPK, you might want to take a Kindle with books you want to read, rather than reading a mediocre paper book from Seabourn Square. It's a shame when you don't finish a book before the cruise ends. Did the butler do it?

I need good lighting to read a paper book, my Kindle has its own good lighting. I kept up with my newspaper subscriptions on my laptop, included internet was plenty fast. I assume I could have done the same on any of a slew of computers in Seabourn Square. I also did some book/newspaper reading on my phone just like the kids do. Waiting in line? Pull out your phone and read a bit.

One further question.....I think I read that 12:30 is boarding time for the ship.  Is there much of a benefit to get on early?  We have booked TK and the couple of excursions that we wanted.  Other than that, we are uncertain if we need to rush to get onboard. 

On 7/30/2024 at 5:58 PM, CruiserPK said:

One further question.....I think I read that 12:30 is boarding time for the ship.  Is there much of a benefit to get on early?  We have booked TK and the couple of excursions that we wanted.  Other than that, we are uncertain if we need to rush to get onboard. 

We usually try to board after the initial "rush" at the opening of boarding, so that we don't have to hang out on the patio or elsewhere waiting for the room to be available.  Other than getting on board to eat and drink what you've paid for already, I don't see a benefit to boarding early.

On 7/30/2024 at 11:58 PM, CruiserPK said:

We boarded in Dover at the suggested 12:30 time and there was not a huge crowd.  It was all well organized and orderly. If you want to board later, that is fine too.  Just pay attention to the latest time you can board which is more than an hour before the ship leaves port.  Check for the exact time.  IF you board early, you are welcome to have lunch aboard your ship--either in the Colonnade and its veranda or around the pool.  Many people do this and many do not.  It's personal preference.  When we boarded on the 27th, our suite  was ready for us and our luggage was quickly delivered.  We went to our suite first to get rid of hand luggage and then for lunch,  It is an easy process.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SLSD said:

We boarded in Dover at the suggested 12:30 time and there was not a huge crowd.  It was all well organized and orderly. If you want to board later, that is fine too.  Just pay attention to the latest time you can board which is more than an hour before the ship leaves port.  Check for the exact time.  IF you board early, you are welcome to have lunch aboard your ship--either in the Colonnade and its veranda or around the pool.  Many people do this and many do not.  It's personal preference.  When we boarded on the 27th, our suite  was ready for us and our luggage was quickly delivered.  We went to our suite first to get rid of hand luggage and then for lunch,  It is an easy process.  

Same here my friend…we boarded around 1:15…easy peasy experience 

Nancy 

• Like 2