Solstice SS 2124

sdnich

I know everybody has a different tolerance for noise. This is the only SS  left on our cruise and just curious at how bad it could be underneath the ocean view Café.

Years ago, we had a sky suite on the reflection underneath the ocean view bar and they were moving chairs throughout the day. I’m hoping with this area being carpeted it’s not as bad.

Any input is welcome.

Posted (edited)

If you're a light sleeper, I absolutely do not recommend it. We made the mistake of staying below the Oceanview Cafe on our first Celebrity cruise (on the Solstice) and it was awful. The noise from the carts sounded like freight trains above my head and it absolutely kept me awake. For me, if it was the only cabin left, I'd find a different cruise. Admittedly, I'm an extremely light sleeper so what was a nightmare for me may not be as bad for someone who doesn't wake at every little sound. 

Edited by keysey222
add ship name

We stayed in 2123 on 2 different S class ships and did not find the noise to be too bad. They are not moving carts around that area since it is just a dining area with no serving stations above.

At times it won't be silent, the cafe is right above, but it shouldn't be bad. We've had sky suites in that area that were fine, but one Solstice cruise the last one available was 2134, a handicapped sky suite. The size was nice but goodness, it was so loud I made a note to myself to never sail in that one again. There is a door from the kitchen right above and the rolling carts start early and end late schlepping food out to the cafe. The flooring is tile so the noise was ba boom, ba boom, ba boom....with each tile. 😜 My 90 year old father and his caregiver were in 2134 or 36 on another cruise and we were in 2150 which does have occasionally noise from chairs being moved above, no biggie. The noise didn't bother him at all but my hearing is much better. 

We have stayed in 2124 several times on Equinox. sister ship, same configuration. Never had a noise problem. We did  faintly hear carts a few times each cruise, but very little sound. I would not recommend staying further back, as the further toward to aft you go on this deck, the more under tiled areas and nearer the galley doors that open out into the OVC. That is why the Aqua Sky Suites are pricier than those Sky suites further toward the aft. They are quieter. 

2 hours ago, 39august said:

We have stayed in 2124 several times on Equinox. sister ship, same configuration. Never had a noise problem. We did  faintly hear carts a few times each cruise, but very little sound. I would not recommend staying further back, as the further toward to aft you go on this deck, the more under tiled areas and nearer the galley doors that open out into the OVC. That is why the Aqua Sky Suites are pricier than those Sky suites further toward the aft. They are quieter. 

Great input on the room !! We are just waiting for my TA to get back to me on how much more we owe !! We are 55 days away and we were doing(waiting)  a move up bid and did the numbers and realized it was only a little bit more than what we were bidding and now we know we have an SS!! 5 days at sea really made us just want to commit ! We have been in the retreat and suite life before and are now looking even more forward to our cruise!! 

• Like 1