JamieLogical's Live from the Enchanted Princess 8/10

On 8/31/2024 at 7:12 AM, TAW1963 said:

I agree and I usually don't care how people are dressed.  What has really bothered us lately is the bare feet, not only on the carpet, but on the furniture in public areas and on the back of the seat in front of them in the theatre (see attached photo).

IMG_5111.jpeg

It bothered you so much you took a photo?  smh

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Haha 1

Jamie, one more question (🤞lol) how was the temperature in common areas of the ship? I’ll be cruising to Canada/NE so will

be taking some long sleeve clothes but wonder if public areas are warm enough for short sleeves. TIA 

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

Jamie, one more question (🤞lol) how was the temperature in common areas of the ship? I’ll be cruising to Canada/NE so will

be taking some long sleeve clothes but wonder if public areas are warm enough for short sleeves. TIA 

I was always comfortable, which means it was probably a little on the warm side for some people? I tend to like it a little warmer indoors.

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2024 at 12:34 PM, Crusin Karen said:

Thank you for a very enjoyable read! I HATE “elevator hogs.” I don’t understand how you can justify barging in front of people. Almost wish they’d put a ticket machine like at a deli

or bakery during peak times. You can enter the elevator when you’re the next #! A question: I am a solo cruiser now that my husband passed.  9 times out of 10 I stay on the ship all week as I’ve been to most islands and hesitate to go on my own. I actually enjoy just sitting and people watching! Where are the good areas to sit with my drink and watch the world go by!? 

My biggest problem on elevators is those who have backpacks (still haven’t figured.out why you need one in the middle of the cruise)$ who keep them on their backs and end up backing into other people. Just take it off your back and hold it in front of you or beside you

• Like 4

1 hour ago, memoak said:

My biggest problem on elevators is those who have backpacks (still haven’t figured.out why you need one in the middle of the cruise)$ who keep them on their backs and end up backing into other people. Just take it off your back and hold it in front of you or beside you

YES!!!!! I am short-about 5’1””. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been wacked with one and/or had something I’m holding spilled. Someone with one on turns around and that backpack slams right into you. 🙄😣😡

555, as you said if that is the way they LIVE at home, you will probably see it done elsewhere as well.

JamieLogical I agree. I may put my feet/shoe "partially" on a table, but I would NEVER do it in anyone else home (even a relative), or a public place.

5 hours ago, eltigre said:

Caught up and wondering about the port in Dominica. Does Princess dock at the Woodridge Pier or the Cruise Terminal in Roseau? Thanks

We were docked at the commercial pier north of Roseau. Our tour guide said that is always the case with Princess... something about the gangway?

Edit: Looking at Google maps, that does appear to be the one labeled Woodbrige.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Thanks 1