Can I see a deck plan and prices before I buy?

You can do a dummy booking...start the process, just don't go all the way.

They show you a dock plan...you can also Google search for one. But seeing all the available cabins can be tricky if they are marketing the cruise as a back to back, or a segment of a longer cruise.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RileyFox said:

How do I see the available rooms and prices before I go to buy the room on Holland America Website.

Thanks
R Fox 

You do not necessarily need to purchase your cruise on the HAL website... there are many online travel sites where you can input your dates, ship, destination, cabin category, etc. A deck plan will show available cabins. If you don't see what you'd like, just start over and change the parameters. This research is important for selecting the right cruise at the right price.

We use the Bib Box Store's travel site.  You don't have to be a member to do research only to book through them.  You can see every available cabin type on any deck with the current prices.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

They show you a dock plan...you can also Google search for one. But seeing all the available cabins can be tricky if they are marketing the cruise as a back to back, or a segment of a longer cruise.

This can really be a real PIA.  Yesterday I spent 2 hours on the phone with my TA and HAL to get my desired cabin on a Collector Voyage.  The cruise was just released and nearly all cabins are available, but for some inexplicable reason HAL only allocates connecting cabins for Spa Verandah cabins on the Rotterdam on Collector Voyages.  This requires a call to Ship Inventory and request they swap a conventional 2-person cabin for one of the connecting cabins.  No one seemed to know what to do.  I was just about ready to cancel when my desired cabin suddenly became "available".  This can also be a problem when you are booking a B2B with a Collector Voyage and another non-collector itinerary and you want to remain in the same cabin.  There are separate blocks of cabins for Collector voyages and conventional itineraries.  

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

On 8/2/2024 at 5:11 AM, terrydtx said:

We use the website Cruisedeckplans.com to do our research on cabins and even see pictures and videos posted by past passengers.

although a small amount ....this is a pay site.....

My question to the OP is "why just use the HAL web site?"  Many of the decent cruise agency sites do show you prices, and our favorite sites show comparisons of all the various fares (such as with and without HIA) in a comparison that is displayed on a single screen.  I cannot mention specific sites since that would violate CC posting rules, but there are quite a few decent sites.  Keep in mind that the decent cruise agencies have their online system linked to HAL's (and most other cruise lines) system, so they display real time info such as which cabins, in each category, are available.

Hank

45 minutes ago, Shippy said:

although a small amount ....this is a pay site.....

And darn well worth the $35 one time membership.  They also pay users for cabin pictures

• Like 1