Cruise Addicts R Us

57 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Ditto, but thankfully only 73 days for us.

Seems like forever doesn't it, John? But time doesn't stand still and we'll be cruising almost before we know it. 🙂

CeeCee

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Seems like forever doesn't it, John? But time doesn't stand still and we'll be cruising almost before we know it. 🙂

CeeCee

Funny thing once it went under 100 days it seems to be getting more real.🤗

• Like 3

Just now, Ozwoody said:

Funny thing once it went under 100 days it seems to be getting more real.🤗

You're absolutely right. It's related to the illusion that the return journey from somewhere always seems to be quicker - even if it's only a trip to the shops (in that instance it's probably caused by the reduced weight of the wallet or the reduced balance on the card). 😮

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

You're absolutely right. It's related to the illusion that the return journey from somewhere always seems to be quicker - even if it's only a trip to the shops (in that instance it's probably caused by the reduced weight of the wallet or the reduced balance on the card). 😮

It may also be because, I have a heap of things I have to complete, before I'm allowed to go.... 🤣

Working frantically away at the moment, getting all our e-mail addresses changed around, as changing provider.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

It may also be because, I have a heap of things I have to complete, before I'm allowed to go.... 🤣

Working frantically away at the moment, getting all our e-mail addresses changed around, as changing provider.

So, Hilary has a 'laundry list', huh?

I'm pretty sure Darren doesn't know whether he's coming or going. At least once a month he asks for the cruise dates and how much time he's taken off work either end of the cruise itself. (I'll cut him a minute piece of slack as he's a shift worker and not always cognisant albeit awake). I think I'll rest my voice and just record 'Look at the calendar in the kitchen, Babe, it's the block of dates marked Cruise'. 😂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

So, Hilary has a 'laundry list', huh?

I'm pretty sure Darren doesn't know whether he's coming or going. At least once a month he asks for the cruise dates and how much time he's taken off work either end of the cruise itself. (I'll cut him a minute piece of slack as he's a shift worker and not always cognisant albeit awake). I think I'll rest my voice and just record 'Look at the calendar in the kitchen, Babe, it's the block of dates marked Cruise'. 😂

Ohh yeah. 😆 but I 🥰 her to bits.... anyway.😉

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Feeling a bit sad. For us it’s 108 days, 222 days & 561 days!!!! Will have to try & fit a few more in 😳

I'm sad too. All bigger numbers than Mic, and little chance of adding another between. But it just adds more counters, and a nice one that has us on QF1 in 300 days.

Screenshot_20240813_102854_FinalCountdown.thumb.jpg.641e2c4ec5b58fb4d686863bf450a695.jpg

Screenshot_20240813_154559_FinalCountdown.thumb.jpg.2a4e37caf93eb8d0a3de1f4c0ece84ea.jpg

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Elevator holds 20, except for on cruise ships, then it is only 10.

5 on embarkation day, with so many with bags still in tow. Nowadays, a discretionary cough or two and you can have an elevator to yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That's why we take the stairs 😇 Usually just one small carry on each so we're not trying to maneuver steamer trunks up the stairs. The rest of our luggage is in the laps of the crew!🤭

Edited by ceeceeDee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

5 on embarkation day, with so many with bags still in tow. Nowadays, a discretionary cough or two and you can have an elevator to yourself.

I have always been surprised by the max number posted on the signs in cruiseship elevators. I have often seen numbers like 18 or similar. Often comments come when the lift is seemingly full to the brim with just maybe 10 'regular, cruise-size people' aboard. I have been known to say that I wouldn't want to be in here with a capacity crowd 🙂 And the oft repeated 'always room for one more' 🙂 

Not my photo & not on a cruiseship, but this seems correct:

image.thumb.png.fb06cfb6093a7a62401592ef1bf40ab0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

13 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I have always been surprised by the max number posted on the signs in cruiseship elevators. I have often seen numbers like 18 or similar. Often comments come when the lift is seemingly full to the brim with just maybe 10 'regular, cruise-size people' aboard. I have been known to say that I wouldn't want to be in here with a capacity crowd 🙂 And the oft repeated 'always room for one more' 🙂 

Not my photo & not on a cruiseship, but this seems correct:

image.thumb.png.fb06cfb6093a7a62401592ef1bf40ab0.png

Must be for the Americans,  use anything for measurement but measurements and definitely not the metric system.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4