Cruise Addicts R Us

3 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

We're getting closer! 10 minutes ago he looked up the opening time for the recycling facility! No movement in the entry hallway yet, but I live in hope! 🙂

Breaking News!!!!!!!!!

The entry hallway is clear and I have an email from the recycling facility advising that $ have been transferred to our account! (Well, HIS account but I'll snaffle that very quickly for the cruise account! 😂). Obviously when I gave him the infamous LOOK, he wilted.

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Breaking News!!!!!!!!!

The entry hallway is clear and I have an email from the recycling facility advising that $ have been transferred to our account! (Well, HIS account but I'll snaffle that very quickly for the cruise account! 😂). Obviously when I gave him the infamous LOOK, he wilted.

Ooo God I hate those looks!🥺

17 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Ooo God I hate those looks!🥺

But they're oh so effective! 😂 And, in this case, lucrative to a very minor degree.

Edited by ceeceeDee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

We have one here at Belmont in the Citi Centre (Coles) carpark. Very convenient.

If you have quantity, try the automated one at Cardiff. Like the new one I tried at Rutherford, for these ones you just empty the whole bin/bag into the hopper and it feeds them into the machine automatically. So quick.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Breaking News!!!!!!!!!

Update!!!!

After he left on the arduous journey of 5 minutes drive to the facility yesterday, I noticed a garbage bag in the dining room full of cans 🤦‍♀️ Upon his return he sheepishly admitted to forgetting not only that bag but another in the garage! Guess who has trekked out this morning with two suspicious looking bags? 😂 Get it right the first time, Darren!🙄

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

Cooee!  I'm back from our trip to Shark Bay for 6 weeks.  Did anybody miss me?  Did anybody even notice that I was gone?  😪

Welcome back. Of course we all missed you 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

Cooee!  I'm back from our trip to Shark Bay for 6 weeks.  Did anybody miss me?  Did anybody even notice that I was gone?  😪

6 weeks?

That went so quick - feels like only yesterday. 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

6 weeks?

That went so quick - feels like only yesterday. 😉

It's gonna be a bit of a 'blink and you'll miss it visit' , next Thursday we're cruising to Broome and back.  Only 10 days so barely worth packing for but, I'm sure I'll manage and may even be able to fill only 2 suitcases.  😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

Shush, don't tell the Animal, he won't be pleased 😺 

My cat knows immediately I bring out the suitcase, and hides somewhere I can't find her. Don't know what she's got to complain about. She goes to the super deluxe accommodation at the cattery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

My cat knows immediately I bring out the suitcase, and hides somewhere I can't find her. Don't know what she's got to complain about. She goes to the super deluxe accommodation at the cattery.

The resident Labrador gets VERY excited when the suitcases come out. She knows she is going to stay with our friends who bred her, so she gets to spend quality time with her rellies. (Whether her mother, sister, niece and son feel the same way is up for debate) and our friend Paul is her favourite person when we're not around so it's a win win for her. She knows she'll either be staying at Paul's B&B with us or else we're going cruising and she gets Paul as a substitute Dad. 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

Hehehe, my kitty too, however he hates every minute of the best cattery in town and gets very stressed (he's a real wuss). He spreads all four legs out as wide as he can and goes into fight mode when it comes to trying to stuff him into his cat cage.  I have to protect the interior of my car with sheets of cardboard so he doesn't wreck it with his super sharp claws.  He complains the whole journey there (20 min drive), wets and soils himself in protest (sigh 😔), and then complains the whole journey home again after I've spent a small fortune on him - that's gratitude for you!

My suitcase is coming out on 1 Sept to start packing for a 3 week cattery holiday for him - wish me luck folks, my normally gentle and loving Animal turns feral 😖 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hehehe, my kitty too, however he hates every minute of the best cattery in town and gets very stressed (he's a real wuss). He spreads all four legs out as wide as he can and goes into fight mode when it comes to trying to stuff him into his cat cage.  I have to protect the interior of my car with sheets of cardboard so he doesn't wreck it with his super sharp claws.  He complains the whole journey there (20 min drive), wets and soils himself in protest (sigh 😔), and then complains the whole journey home again after I've spent a small fortune on him - that's gratitude for you!

My suitcase is coming out on 1 Sept to start packing for a 3 week cattery holiday for him - wish me luck folks, my normally gentle and loving Animal turns feral 😖 

Our late cat was exactly the same, Jean, even though he was going to stay with Paul (where he came from in the first place!). He'd soil the cage about 5 minutes into a 60 minute journey so that we were 'gassed' for 55 minutes! (Accompanied by a passionate non stop rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus)!😟
 About the only thing he didn't protest about was having his rear end dunked in a bucket of water and shampoo at the end of the journey! Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Must have been some really good cruise docos on TV yesterday, unless everyone was away cruising.

'I wish' on both counts with a preference for the latter!🤭

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be soooo funny observing, as a fellow cruiser, Mr Bean and his antics on a cruise! Could you imagine him visiting the pool and methodically setting up his towel, ted and his other bits and pieces 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/30/2024 at 8:14 AM, Jean C said:

Our late cat was the same..... as soon as the suitcases came out her mood changed and she knew we were going away.... it got to the point that when we were going away somewhere we put the suitcases in the downstairs bedroom and shut the door so she couldn't get in - and we could take our clothes...etc... downstairs and pack the suitcases.

She'd howl at us from the cage in the back seat on the way to the cattery and when she got to the cattery.... but when we picked her up on return from our holiday she'd be a quiet as a mouse!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jean C said:

Wouldn't it be soooo funny observing, as a fellow cruiser, Mr Bean and his antics on a cruise! Could you imagine him visiting the pool and methodically setting up his towel, ted and his other bits and pieces 😂 

There is a Mr Bean on most cruises, and sometimes you don't have to look very far.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

There is a Mr Bean on most cruises, and sometimes you don't have to look very far.

I'm obviously oblivious as I've never noticed him! (I'm probably focused on the cocktail menu 🙄🥴)😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

I reckon Mr bean would do the same on a cruise getting ready for a swim.

Edited by JohnGc
  • Haha 5