Carnival releases more info on Celebration Key.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Was at a Carnival update on Thursday and they had a lot of info on this.  Quite impressive.

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2024/08/carnival-cruise-line-reveals-pearl-cove-beach-club-at-celebration-key/

We booked a large cabana the day they opened at Calypso Lagoon in the 18+ area for our MG cruise in July. Can’t wait to see what Celebration Key is all about! 

I looked at the excursions listed for my Nov 2025 trip and it looks like a gold mine for Carnival. Even the 2,000 dollar units don't come with alcoholic drinks. 

1 hour ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Any information regarding what is free or included in each portal ?

For the life of me, I cannot find any information that provided what is included in each portal and what you have to pay for.

Is food included ?

This is still pretty fresh, expect more details soon.

2 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I looked at the excursions listed for my Nov 2025 trip and it looks like a gold mine for Carnival. Even the 2,000 dollar units don't come with alcoholic drinks. 

There is a message in there somewhere

3 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

We booked a large cabana the day they opened at Calypso Lagoon in the 18+ area for our MG cruise in July. Can’t wait to see what Celebration Key is all about! 

I do have to say that what I say at the briefing was pretty darn nice.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

There is a message in there somewhere

The message I got is that it is out of my willingness to purchase price range, but as some wise sage once said out here choices are good 😉 . At HMC the expensive Oasis gets you drinks and a private chef which is kind of nice. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

The message I got is that it is out of my willingness to purchase price range, but as some wise sage once said out here choices are good 😉 . At HMC the expensive Oasis gets you drinks and a private chef which is kind of nice. 

It was a question asked of the senior mgt team at the event I was at on Thursday.  Their answer was that much detail was still in flux.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It was a question asked of the senior mgt team at the event I was at on Thursday.  There answer was that much detail was still in flux.  

Sounds good to me. I am definitely not knocking this new location. I love places where I don't have to go anywhere to be harassed relentlessly to buy stuff. A chair and some shade with the ability to buy a few drinks is all I need. I am certain Celebration Key will be good for me. I have tried to make it to HMC 3 times without success yet. Two COVID cancelled cruises and then the big tease we pulled close to HMC and the conditions were too rough to tender. So this trip in Nov 2025 has both these ports plus Grand Turk and Amber cove. It should be good! And on a Spirit class ship. 😁

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

Two phases , the second phase will extend the pier for two additional  ships (dockage for two will be in phase one) and there is a huge chunk of land yet undeveloped as well.  To be honest, I was impressed with the different zones.

10 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It was a question asked of the senior mgt team at the event I was at on Thursday.  Their answer was that much detail was still in flux.  

If you do hear any information, please pass it along. We don’t usually get these pricy cabanas; however, we decided to splurge this time because we are going on a larger family vacation. We will celebrating my mom’s 80th birthday, and I wanted to make sure we had guaranteed seating with shade for her and I won’t be complaining either! 

• Like 5

Just now, 3smithboys said:

If you do hear any information, please pass it along. We don’t usually get these pricy cabanas; however, we decided to splurge this time because we are going on a larger family vacation. We will celebrating my mom’s 80th birthday, and I wanted to make sure we had guaranteed seating with shade for her and I won’t be complaining either! 

There were some links they had on screens with more detail.  I will see what I can find out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

OK... bare with me... I've never been to a private cruise line island such has Half Moon Cay.

Do they provide food free on these islands... what else is provided free on these islands ?

HMC is an amazing island of one of the best beaches in the Caribbean.  There is a free lunch and some shops and villas you can get as an excursion on the beach.  It is a tender port (they have begun building a pier.  You can purchase drinks on your sign and sail card.  

• Like 1

Have you heard where the pier is going to be at HMC? While tendering can be annoying at some ports, usually that inconvenience is made up for by the prime location you get dropped off. In looking back at some older imagery on Google Earth, CocoCay for example looks like the ship is docked almost in the same spot as they used to anchor, and now you walk all that way rather than take the 10 minute boat ride and get dropped in the middle of the action. 

• Like 1

From what I read the adult section will cost you to enter and seemed high to me, if this is the case I will be inclined to go to Port Lucaya and enjoy spend the day there.  Now if the adult area was free to enter and you of course pay for food and beverages I would like to see what they have done but seems like a huge money grab and I really enjoy the Bahamas and have no problem finding my spot somewhere else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanJ said:

Have you heard where the pier is going to be at HMC? While tendering can be annoying at some ports, usually that inconvenience is made up for by the prime location you get dropped off. In looking back at some older imagery on Google Earth, CocoCay for example looks like the ship is docked almost in the same spot as they used to anchor, and now you walk all that way rather than take the 10 minute boat ride and get dropped in the middle of the action. 

The other side from where they tender.  Seen pics of the construction.

2 hours ago, elklemi said:

From what I read the adult section will cost you to enter and seemed high to me, if this is the case I will be inclined to go to Port Lucaya and enjoy spend the day there.  Now if the adult area was free to enter and you of course pay for food and beverages I would like to see what they have done but seems like a huge money grab and I really enjoy the Bahamas and have no problem finding my spot somewhere else.

I attended a Carnival event where this was featured.  There was nothing about pricing on this was discussed. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I attended a Carnival event where this was featured.  There was nothing about pricing on this was discussed. 

My sailing in October 2025 lists Pearl Cove prices as $99.99 for general access, $139.99 for access and open bar, and $179.99 for all inclusive access. We will probably book the all inclusive option. Its in my cart. I'm still deciding on excursions for other ports. 

I looked at the choices yesterday because I was interested in a daybed. I did not reserve anything then, but today I took a chance and booked one at Calypso Lagoon 18+. We won’t be there until October 2025, so I will have plenty of time to read reviews and can cancel if we decide it is not right for us. 

23 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I looked at the choices yesterday because I was interested in a daybed. I did not reserve anything then, but today I took a chance and booked one at Calypso Lagoon 18+. We won’t be there until October 2025, so I will have plenty of time to read reviews and can cancel if we decide it is not right for us. 

That’s what we books for July 2025, so if you remember… ask me after and I can let you know what we thought about it! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3smithboys said:

That’s what we books for July 2025, so if you remember… ask me after and I can let you know what we thought about it! 

Thank you, I will do that!  It seemed like I would have to booked one based on how appealing the name of the area was, then I saw the “18+” and had a winner 😂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Thank you, I will do that!  It seemed like I would have to booked one based on how appealing the name of the area was, then I saw the “18+” and had a winner 😂

Same! Having reserved seats with a place to lock up our stuff, umbrellas, and a covered area! It will be me, DH, my mom, my cousin, and our 3 boys who will be 26, 22, 22. Since DH and I are teachers we can only travel during school holidays (and my cousin is a retired teacher,) if we can find an adult only area, we are happy! 

• Like 1

I am excited about Celebration Key!  It sounds like a Coco Cay kinda place.  Everyone loves cruising there on Royal and they also don't seem to get tired of returning there.  While it is expensive to build up front, the returns should be great over time.  I do hope that they follow in Royal's footsteps and include drinks and wifi on the island for those that have purchased the drink package and onboard wifi.