Discovery Princess Sanctuary For April 2025 Mexican Riviera Cruise

My husband and I are sailing in April 2025 on the Discovery Princess. It's a Mexican Riviera cruise. We've done many of these cruises so are less interested in the ports and really just want a relaxing week. We have booked the Premier package and are in a suite (I plan on enjoying better wine options at dinner and that watermelon margarita!). Our cabin is just a deck below the Sanctuary, so I was envisioning really enjoying it all week. 

However, I have been looking up info on the Sanctuary and am hearing that the chances of booking are very slim...that people doing back to back cruises get it ahead of all the new guests. Does Princess not hold any back? Are my chances really poor? If I can't book all week, is it even likely I could book a couple of afternoons perhaps?

What are your favorite places that could be alternate options for the Discovery?

Also, I've never sailed in a suite before and if I can't get the Sanctuary, it will NOT spoil my cruise! I'd just like to know the odds, so I can be ready with Plan 2!

No, spots are not held back for those boarding versus back to back guests.

As a Suite passenger, you have Priority boarding, so if you're to port before boarding begins, you're amongst the first aboard. You can go straight to the Sanctuary and book a seat. You'll almost certainly be able to book some times, probably full days, but surely some afternoons.

You do have a large deck on your Suite - FWIW. Very easy to relax and enjoy Ocean Now delivery there if snacks, drinks, etc and have all the peace and quiet you like..

Around the Retreat Pool and the deck above with hot tubs and lots of deck space is generally quiet and not all that crowded.

Deck above the Wake Pool is usually relatively quiet. 

None are going to be quieter than your spacious balcony though! 

Enjoy the suite!! 

Posted (edited)

You might not get the spot you hope for.  But you will have priority boarding as a Suite Guest.

Run, do not walk, directly up to the Sanctuary and you should be able to find available loungers.

Do not stop at your cabin. Do not stop at a bar, Do not admire the view, Do not pass GO.

Enjoy!

Note, it looks like this itinerary is scheduled along with the California Coastal???  So, it is possible that there are a number of Back2Back cruisers onboard.  How many, I would have no guess.  I know that other cruises, like Eastern/Western Caribbean,  North/South Bound Alaska, have a lot of Back2Back cruisers, and are sold as 14 day cruises.  So, there can be a lot of people onboard beforehand.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

As a Suite passenger, you have Priority boarding, so if you're to port before boarding begins, you're amongst the first aboard. You can go straight to the Sanctuary and book a seat. You'll almost certainly be able to book some times, probably full days, but surely some afternoons.

You do have a large deck on your Suite - FWIW. Very easy to relax and enjoy Ocean Now delivery there if snacks, drinks, etc and have all the peace and quiet you like..

Around the Retreat Pool and the deck above with hot tubs and lots of deck space is generally quiet and not all that crowded.

Enjoy the suite!! 

Not all suites have a "spacious balcony". We had a suite on Discovery that had the smallest balcony we've ever had.

Location is everything.

BTW: the Sanctuary is usually very lightly attended on port days. Your chances are much better then. Both of the times we used the Sanctuary was on a port day and we were literally the only people there.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Here is another tip I leaned several years ago.  Head for the forward elevators after boarding. These aren’t as busy. Straight to deck 17, out the door past the pool, up the stairs to the Sanctuary. Starboard side.

I’m not sure if you have a balcony?  The two suites below the Sanctuary (deck18)  are the large  window suites(deck 17). We stayed in one on a NE crusie  on the  Enchanted, very nice. 

Deck 18 outside the Sanctuary is nice with the two hot tubs. I’ve seen the retreat pool area very busy on sea days. 

23 minutes ago, milolii said:

Here is another tip I leaned several years ago.  Head for the forward elevators after boarding. These aren’t as busy. Straight to deck 17, out the door past the pool, up the stairs to the Sanctuary. Starboard side.

I’m not sure if you have a balcony?  The two suites below the Sanctuary (deck18)  are the large  window suites(deck 17). We stayed in one on a NE crusie  on the  Enchanted, very nice. 

Deck 18 outside the Sanctuary is nice with the two hot tubs. I’ve seen the retreat pool area very busy on sea days. 

Well, I think we have a balcony. On the Princess website, when I look at the deck plans and click on my cabin, it shows a balcony. We are actually right near the retreat pool, but I would prefer to book the Sanctuary just so I know we have loungers. We also have TONS of onboard credit...more than we've ever had before, which is is the other reason I thought the Sanctuary would be fun.

I appreciate the route recommendation! 

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Enjoy the suite!! 

Well, even if we can't book the whole week, some of the time is better than nothing! Thanks.

59 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

You might not get the spot you hope for.  But you will have priority boarding as a Suite Guest.

Run, do not walk, directly up to the Sanctuary and you should be able to find available loungers.

Do not stop at your cabin. Do not stop at a bar, Do not admire the view, Do not pass GO.

Enjoy!

Note, it looks like this itinerary is scheduled along with the California Coastal???  So, it is possible that there are a number of Back2Back cruisers onboard.  How many, I would have no guess.  I know that other cruises, like Eastern/Western Caribbean,  North/South Bound Alaska, have a lot of Back2Back cruisers, and are sold as 14 day cruises.  So, there can be a lot of people onboard beforehand.

I was actually thinking of flying in early in the morning...we just come from the Bay Area so it's a quick flight. But I think we'll change our plans so I can ensure we're to the port early. I'll give it my best shot! Thanks for your input.