Special Dinners

Qld13

Hi

Not been on Silversea for a few years, now looking forward to going on Nova in Jan/Feb and wondered does Atlantide or any other restaurant do special dinners at all at start, during or end of cruise? Basing question on that Regent do a lobster and beef Wellington dinner, I think on the second to last night of a cruise.

Thanks

David

2 hours ago, Qld13 said:

Hi

Not been on Silversea for a few years, now looking forward to going on Nova in Jan/Feb and wondered does Atlantide or any other restaurant do special dinners at all at start, during or end of cruise? Basing question on that Regent do a lobster and beef Wellington dinner, I think on the second to last night of a cruise.

Thanks

David

You can order lobster at any time during a cruise, plus it is on the Atlantide menu periodically through a cruise. Formal nights often do something a little special, or the Captain’s welcome dinner.  Then there is the seafood buffet!  I can’t comment on whether been Wellington is on the menu as I cannot eat it.

Maybe I  just have a bad memory but I cannot recall ever having a Captain's Dinner. 

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Maybe I  just have a bad memory but I cannot recall ever having a Captain's Dinner. 

Have you never been invited to dine at the Captain’s or another officer’s table during a cruise?  It is usually the first formal night where senior staff are introduced in the Venetian Lounge.

6 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Have you never been invited to dine at the Captain’s or another officer’s table during a cruise?  It is usually the first formal night where senior staff are introduced in the Venetian Lounge.

Yes I have dined with officers  before but really don't remember if it was on formal night. 

I asked in Atlantide if it was possible to have Beef Wellington and seared Foie Gras during my 32 day February sailing on Silver Moon, as I did not see them on the menus. The response was just let me know what day you would like it.  Awesome response!

• Like 3

Glad for you but it would be a bit more awesome were it generally available. On Moon now..two formal optional nights.. no Wellington or lobster on main menu..menu changed yesterday but same old beef, pork and veal w three repetitive fishes… but  special duck last night was delicious and inedible. Nearby diner could not get any cheese for dessert. My dessert of marron was a fork challenge and inedible…why serve what you can’t deliver? For pamphlets? . Now at lunch..surprisingly, chicken quesadilla was delicious.. pasta not so..waited 20 min for dessert “chef had trouble” …it was ( pre baked) meringue w whipped cream and sliced pineapple. I could join thecgalley forcthat one!🤭

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Quite oxymoronic.

You are quite correct…auto fill combined w poor editing. None the less, the duck was especially delicious. Other high notes have included the lobster in La Dame and the rack of lamb. The attention to plating is extraordinary, especially in view of the high number of diners in a relatively narrow window. 

Edited by PaulaJK

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Sounds more plausible than an Australian crayfish 😁

Oh, but I do love marron!  They are grown locally here in the West and are quite delicious.  But I agree, the reference was most likely to have meant the candied chestnuts version.

Edited by Port Power