What's your favorite older ship?

kad56

2 hours ago, simplelife said:

I love the Elation, especially the aft Panaoama deck cabins, just a few steps away from the Serenity Deckn on one direction and the Alchemy Bar in the other

We stayed them last year, they are amazing.

8 hours ago, Hoosierpop said:

Dream class. Oceans plaza is a huge deal for us.

We have only been on the Triumph, Magic and Breeze.  Really like the Dream class.  Ocean Plaza is great,  Wrap around lanai on deck 5 is fantastic if not underutilized (why anybody would want to sit by the lido pool and go deaf when they can find peace and solitude on the wrap around is puzzling) but for me, it is the Cloud 9 Spa with the big T-Pool.  No desire to try a non-dream class for that (Spa) alone.

8 hours ago, Badfinger said:

Wrap around lanai on deck 5 is fantastic if not underutilized (why anybody would want to sit by the lido pool and go deaf when they can find peace and solitude on the wrap around is puzzling) but for me, it is the Cloud 9 Spa with the big T-Pool.

Shh.. I've been on there where it was a secret and we had hot tubs to ourselves most of the week and I've been on when the secret was out and people brought the party to deck 5 and there was no peace near the hot tubs.

Dream class is my favorite, but I wasn't sure it really qualified as "older." I have been on spirit class once back when it was new. I'd like to do another now that I'm more seasoned, but we like the spa so much on dream, it's hard to bypass.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, five. said:

Dream class is my favorite, but I wasn't sure it really qualified as "older." I have been on spirit class once back when it was new. I'd like to do another now that I'm more seasoned, but we like the spa so much on dream, it's hard to bypass.

Interesting, I've seen some cool itineraries on the Magic, but I was thinking I should avoid it because I heard it wasn't well maintained.

I think my favorite was Splendor (sailed it once in 2018 to Cabo).

Spirit class (been on Legend and Miracle) wasn’t TOO bad. 
Radiance is nice for food selections, but I had the disjointed new main theatre styles (aka: Liquid Lounge)

4 hours ago, kad56 said:

In my head anything earlier than the Excel class or Vista class is older....

Ok, if you are open to new-ish ships, then I say the Dream class. I've sailed all 3, and the spa with the T-pool is fantastic, and I like the Ocean Plaza and the lanai deck 5 that you can go outside on.

For "old" ships, I like the Spirit class....the layout is super easy to navigate, and they have the aft Serenity deck with a pool. 

6 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Ok, if you are open to new-ish ships, then I say the Dream class. I've sailed all 3, and the spa with the T-pool is fantastic, and I like the Ocean Plaza and the lanai deck 5 that you can go outside on.

For "old" ships, I like the Spirit class....the layout is super easy to navigate, and they have the aft Serenity deck with a pool. 

Do you like Dream Class more than Vista class @pirate4me2

20 minutes ago, kad56 said:

I love Vista class but ONLY if I am sailing in a Havana cabin. If you take the Havana area out of the equation, I would go with Dream class. I like the theater layout better, the "grand" atrium with glass elevators, the spa with a nice T-pool, and they're less crowded. 

2 hours ago, kad56 said:

Not to jump in but I like both with the exception of the Dream itself (as opposed to Magic/Breeze). The lack of a RFP is a game changing negative in that on Dream essentially EVERYONE congregates in Ocean Plaza during the evening.  The designers did a poor job by not spreading everyone out. RFP spreads the crowd into more venues. A retrofit is sorely needed. 

13 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Not to jump in but I like both with the exception of the Dream itself (as opposed to Magic/Breeze). The lack of a RFP is a game changing negative in that on Dream essentially EVERYONE congregates in Ocean Plaza during the evening.  The designers did a poor job by not spreading everyone out. RFP spreads the crowd into more venues. A retrofit is sorely needed. 

ok, I feel ignorant. The only acronym I know for RFP is request for proposal.... which I know isn't what you're talking about.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kad56 said:

ok, I feel ignorant. The only acronym I know for RFP is request for proposal.... which I know isn't what you're talking about.

Red Frog Pub.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kad56 said:

Ha! I love being retired now. For many years that's exactly what RFP was for me too. Now it's Red Frog Pub. 😎

16 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Ha! I love being retired now. For many years that's exactly what RFP was for me too. Now it's Red Frog Pub. 😎

I want to be retired when I grow up, but I'm still working on that 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

Ok, following up on this - how's the Magic? It has some great itineraries I love, but I've read that it's a tired ship that's showing its age.

58 minutes ago, kad56 said:

LOLZ

Seems we have a ton of acronyms on this board, RFP, FTTF, MDR, DH, B2B off the top of my head. I never see these on any other forums.

2 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Seems we have a ton of acronyms on this board, RFP, FTTF, MDR, DH, B2B off the top of my head. I never see these on any other forums.

I knew FTTF, MDR, DH, B2B, and I've seen DH, DW etc. on other forums. I don't know a lot the brand specific ones. I came across BM the other day, which is a venue, but I defintely did a double take.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, kad56 said:

I knew FTTF, MDR, DH, B2B, and I've seen DH, DW etc. on other forums. I don't know a lot the brand specific ones. I came across BM the other day, which is a venue, but I defintely did a double take.

So what is BM?