Alternative Booking for Santorini Shore Excursion

laedw

RCCL Odyssey of the Seas shore excursion for Island of Santorini and Oia Village is sold out for September 2024 cruise.  Are there any alternative companies that we can use for this excursion?  

1 hour ago, laedw said:

Are there any alternative companies that we can use for this excursion?  

You may want to ask this in the Roll Call thread and ports of call section.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, laedw said:

RCCL Odyssey of the Seas shore excursion for Island of Santorini and Oia Village is sold out for September 2024 cruise.  Are there any alternative companies that we can use for this excursion?  

Check those --  https://transfer-to-oia.gr/

https://santorini-transfers.gr/destinations/villages/oia/

Oia -- by boat, back from Fira -- by cable car.

• Thanks 1

There is usually a "water taxi" waiting by the Skala pier where your tender drops you off, 30E. This taxi will take you to Amoudi which is below the cliff at Oia, then you walk a short distance up a hill to meet their shuttle which takes you up the worst of the hill. Spend as much time in Oia as you like, then board their bus to Fira.  Bus leaves hourly and the fare is included with your ticket.   When you get to Fira you need to take the cable car down to Skala for your tender, Fare not included.  Or walk down the donkey trail.

The drawback to the water taxi is that it holds 80-100 pax and won't leave until it's full. When we were there it sat for a full hour waiting for additional pax.  

Did you check to see if your ships excursion is available in another language?  If your ship is one of the first to arrive in Santorini, I'd prefer a ship's excursion in order to get off the ship and to Oia asap. I was on NCL and the Oia excursion was sold out in English but available in Spanish.  Wish I had taken it ....I just wanted a ride to Oia without taking the cable car up. Didn't care about the narration during the drive.

Many of the private companies who offer tours will meet you in Fira, but it's hard to commit to a meeting time when you don't know the cable car line will be. 

20 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

There is usually a "water taxi" waiting by the Skala pier where your tender drops you off, 30E. This taxi will take you to Amoudi which is below the cliff at Oia, then you walk a short distance up a hill to meet their shuttle which takes you up the worst of the hill. Spend as much time in Oia as you like, then board their bus to Fira.  Bus leaves hourly and the fare is included with your ticket.   When you get to Fira you need to take the cable car down to Skala for your tender, Fare not included.  Or walk down the donkey trail.

The drawback to the water taxi is that it holds 80-100 pax and won't leave until it's full. When we were there it sat for a full hour waiting for additional pax.  

Did you check to see if your ships excursion is available in another language?  If your ship is one of the first to arrive in Santorini, I'd prefer a ship's excursion in order to get off the ship and to Oia asap. I was on NCL and the Oia excursion was sold out in English but available in Spanish.  Wish I had taken it ....I just wanted a ride to Oia without taking the cable car up. Didn't care about the narration during the drive.

Many of the private companies who offer tours will meet you in Fira, but it's hard to commit to a meeting time when you don't know the cable car line will be. 

We hadn't thought about taking the cruise shore excursion offered in another language.  Will take another look.  Our main objective is avoiding the cable car line.  Thank you!