NCL Wish List

Oooo, y'all know I love these dreamer posts!

I wish NCL would be more consistent in their messaging to guests and on in their marketing. Along with this, I wish they'd be more precise in their marketing materials.

I'd love to see a yummy, scrumptious buffet setup! As it is, I try some food every cruise. I find one or two highlights, but typically the food is inedible to me.

Shanghai Noodle Bar on every ship! At least the dim sum is yum!

Require onboard leadership to smile in their d@mn portraits. This is the customer service biz, y'all! Not a prison camp. I know that this is weird and I'm bothered by silly things.

Provide a list of items to select from for suite afternoon snacks to select from, rather than just having to throw out unwanted canapes.

I'm sure I'll add more! 🙂

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Provide a list of items to select from for suite afternoon snacks to select from, rather than just having to throw out unwanted canapes.

I agree with this 100%. I know, they say talk to your butler and he will bring you what you want and not bring you won't you don't want, but that doesn't always happen. With the really good butlers, it usually does, but unfortunately you don't always get a really good butler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Expand that to include the "welcome aboard" strawberries. Some of us have allergies LOL. A simple door hanger like what they use for breakfast room service  - or add a place to add requests to your reservation without having to have your PCC add it (and they don't always read anyway)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Expand that to include the "welcome aboard" strawberries. Some of us have allergies LOL. A simple door hanger like what they use for breakfast room service  - or add a place to add requests to your reservation without having to have your PCC add it (and they don't always read anyway)

Wow, that is surprising. Are you saying that you've submitted your Accessibility & Medical Questionnaire before the cruise indicating a strawberry allergy and they still send strawberries to your room?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Don't be taking my strawberries! Haha - but yes, perhaps a quick survey prior to the cruise for those with status that would receive strawberries or whatever NCL could come up with in place of these. Better than leaving them in the hallway for trash.

• Like 1

Just now, Capitan Obvious said:

Wow, that is surprising. Are you saying that you've submitted your Accessibility & Medical Questionnaire before the cruise indicating a strawberry allergy and they still send strawberries to your room?

The allergy thing was way too much for me, I wasn't a fan of getting interrogated at every meal. And I'm perfectly capable of knowing what not to eat. So no, I did not fill out the medical questionnaire. But your PCC can add comments to your reservation, whether or not those get read is debatable. 

I ended up with 3 trays of strawberries on 1 trip - the CN manager asked them to send me something else (gave her the strawberries LOL). Guess what they sent. More strawberries. Took them back to the desk, got back to my room and there was another tray. Finally got some brownies. 

Note - I don't really care whether or not they offered something else - I just don't like wasting them and I know I'm not the only one that won't eat them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wish they'd lay off all the sales pitches. Let me pick up my Latitudes pin without being pressured to buy a Cruise Next (or whatever the proper title is) Certificate. Let me enjoy a show without devoting the first half hour to the CD selling me a raffle ticket. The more they nag me to buy something, the less apt I am to buy it. And those SO annoying "BING BONG" announcements!

• Like 2

Something really need to be sorted are the absolute bare minimum menus in the specialty restaurants. With FAS+ and Platinum we get 6 nights out of seven in SR, and it’s getting really difficult to choose having so few options to choose from. F

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swells1 said:

And those SO annoying "BING BONG" announcements!

As to bing bong announcements - I'd at least like the option to hear them in my cabin. Last cruise on the Star they didn't even come over the TV so it's jump up and run to the hallway to hear anything - and the announcement is half over by then. I was told that the option to choose to have announcements come into your cabin was part of the plan on the newer ships, not sure if they'll retrofit older ships.

Contrary to popular belief, they often DO make announcements regarding changes (and sometimes even why!!) but if nobody can hear them, they aren't overly helpful.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Contrary to popular belief, they often DO make announcements regarding changes (and sometimes even why!!) but if nobody can hear them, they aren't overly helpful.

Make a copy of the announcement available in the app.  How often are we in places on board when one of these comes on and NOBODY is considerate enough to pipe down so the announcement can be heard?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have another.

Can we make the WIFI work better.  I know that they are upgrading to Starlink (or whatever it's called) but we were on the Pride in June which supposedly already upgraded and the WIFI sucked.  Also, if you upgrade to provide streaming, can you actually make it work?  I tried to use MS Teams for a meeting that I had to attend and even with the upgraded WIFI, it wouldn't connect.  

I know that a ship at sea is not going to have the same internet speed as being in my home office, I get that, just make it work somewhat close.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Middleager said:

I wish NCL would cut down the paper advertisements.  The Dailies are good, but so many insert/invites to the Parkwest auctions, CruiseNexts, spa treatments, etc.  It's a lot of paper wastes. 

I definitely agree with this , I literally separate them from the Daily Schedule and through them straight in the bin (Trash)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

The allergy thing was way too much for me, I wasn't a fan of getting interrogated at every meal. And I'm perfectly capable of knowing what not to eat. So no, I did not fill out the medical questionnaire. But your PCC can add comments to your reservation, whether or not those get read is debatable. 

I ended up with 3 trays of strawberries on 1 trip - the CN manager asked them to send me something else (gave her the strawberries LOL). Guess what they sent. More strawberries. Took them back to the desk, got back to my room and there was another tray. Finally got some brownies. 

Note - I don't really care whether or not they offered something else - I just don't like wasting them and I know I'm not the only one that won't eat them.

Anyone with a food allergy should submit the accessibility form in advance, then they know what not to give you. They pay far more attention to this than they do comments on your reservation. F&B gets a list of every reported food allergy onboard, they don't have the ability to thumb through every reservation looking for comments.  Nothing to do with any meal time interrogation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Capitan Obvious said:

Anyone with a food allergy should submit the accessibility form in advance, then they know what not to give you. They pay far more attention to this than they do comments on your reservation. F&B gets a list of every reported food allergy onboard, they don't have the ability to thumb through every reservation looking for comments.  Nothing to do with any meal time interrogation. 

Gosh, thanks for your input. I've done quite well all by myself on all of my cruises - not a single allergic reaction because I am fully aware of my tolerance levels and what I can eat, what I can't. I said NOTHING about noting allergies on my reservation and expecting someone to follow through at meals, only that IF it had been mentioned to not give me strawberries as a latitudes perk, for whatever reason, it might not be read. Move on.

• Like 1

I wish there was a way to sign up for a shared table for supper in the main dining room.  There have been a few times when a dining room has asked for people willing to sit with others to be seated more quickly, and I jump at that chance.  We have met some great people that way, and had great conversations.  It's a nice way to get to know others on the ship, especially on longer itineraries, or with lots of sea days.

• Thanks 1

Immediately stop giving out gummy bears in the Haven.  I dont know why but every Haven review on cruise critic always posts photos of gummy bears.  For those that dont get them complain their butler has ignored them.  Eliminating gummy bears would make for some very entertaining threads here on CC.  That alone is worth it.

No joke.  A few years ago someone pointed out here on CC that their butler did not offer or give them gummy bears and was very upset about it because his kids missed out.  I asked the question if they loved gummy bears so much why not bring a few bags on board.  His response was its not as "special."
Correct me if I am wrong but every thread about the Haven or butlers with NCL will show photos or mention gummy bears.

I love gummy bears but I want NCL to troll everyone and ban them from the Haven. 😠

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Gosh, thanks for your input. I've done quite well all by myself on all of my cruises - not a single allergic reaction because I am fully aware of my tolerance levels and what I can eat, what I can't. I said NOTHING about noting allergies on my reservation and expecting someone to follow through at meals, only that IF it had been mentioned to not give me strawberries as a latitudes perk, for whatever reason, it might not be read. Move on.

I understand what you are saying.  Allergies are more complicated than they look.  Sometimes you can eat a bit of something but not a lot of the same thing.  Sometimes you cannot eat things in combination that you can eat separately.  People who do not have allergies may not understand that YOU are the best judge of what you can eat.  If you "report" an allergy it is likely that your ability of judge things from your own experience will be hijacked.  I don't have allergies but one of my kids did.  I also suspect that folks with diabetes or high cholesterol would prefer to manage themselves rather than have the well meaning cruise line interfere.

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Immediately stop giving out gummy bears in the Haven.  I dont know why but every Haven review on cruise critic always posts photos of gummy bears.  For those that dont get them complain their butler has ignored them.  Eliminating gummy bears would make for some very entertaining threads here on CC.  That alone is worth it.

No joke.  A few years ago someone pointed out here on CC that their butler did not offer or give them gummy bears and was very upset about it because his kids missed out.  I asked the question if they loved gummy bears so much why not bring a few bags on board.  His response was its not as "special."
Correct me if I am wrong but every thread about the Haven or butlers with NCL will show photos or mention gummy bears.

I love gummy bears but I want NCL to troll everyone and ban them from the Haven. 😠

I think my last review from the auspicious perch of gummy bear land may have mentioned that we didn't even request them for that trip *gasp* I know. How could we possibly have enjoyed ourselves without having a squishy gummy bear squeak between our teeth?

I have another wish for NCL lovers, not for NCL. Learn who not to engage with so they have no oxygen.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I understand what you are saying.  Allergies are more complicated than they look.  Sometimes you can eat a bit of something but not a lot of the same thing.  Sometimes you cannot eat things in combination that you can eat separately.  People who do not have allergies may not understand that YOU are the best judge of what you can eat.  If you "report" an allergy it is likely that your ability of judge things from your own experience will be hijacked.  I don't have allergies but one of my kids did.  I also suspect that folks with diabetes or high cholesterol would prefer to manage themselves rather than have the well meaning cruise line interfere.

Yes, you get it 100%. It can be quite complicated.

I’m no particular order:

-fix your doggone app and website so that I can cancel, change reservations

-make it easier to communicate with others onboard (see above) 

-bring back flowers as an option for cabin purchases/gifts 

-offer reservations for syds, cavern club so we don’t have to queue for an hour+ during prime time 

-enable handicap passengers sail card with the ability to call the sole elevator (on ba, ba+) that goes to deck 19, vibe 

-virtual queueing for guest services or something that doesn’t entail joining hopelessly long lines. May go with fixing the app as more features added could reduce reasons to go to g/s

-if you owe me $ at the end of cruise, send a check instead of making me go to g/s the night before or having to get out of disembark line

-if we’re trying to “sail sustainably” can we lose the ads everyday in the daily? I have more paperwork at the end of a cruise than I did closing my mortgage 

-plastic straws

-consistency with the release, sales, availability / remaining quantity of vibe passes (and cabanas for ships that have them)

• Like 1

I am among those (and there are quite a few of us) that absolutely do not like seafood in any form.  NCL puts seafood in many dishes (especially pasta dishes) that I would LOVE to eat except they always put lobster in the cream sauce, shrimp in the stir fry, etc.  I haven't had any success getting them to remove the "offending" ingredient so I am tempted to fib and claim that I am allergic to it.  (Hey, maybe I am?  I really wouldn't know since I won't eat it, lol.)  They take reported allergies very seriously because they fear lawsuits.

• Like 4

Totally agree that they should be able to take reservations for venues that are too small like Syds.  Major inconvenience to stand in line for over an hour for anyone and impossible for many of us past a certain age.  I'm sure they could offer reservations if they put their mind to it.

• Like 1

I wish NCL would put together a couple of different drink menus:

1. A mocktail menu and bar for those that don't drink. My husband doesn't drink the boozey woozey. He'd love the heck out of a bar serving all sorts of different concoctions sans the devil's juice.

2. Suggestions for those that shouldn't drink a lot of sugar on drinks they can have. I'm sure a mixologist somewhere has thought of us diabetics. It'd be nice if NCL could give us some happy drinks that are tasty. I have a lifeline of vodka with club, splash of cranberry or spike the blood sugar. Other options would be amazing!

5 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I am among those (and there are quite a few of us) that absolutely do not like seafood in any form.  NCL puts seafood in many dishes (especially pasta dishes) that I would LOVE to eat except they always put lobster in the cream sauce, shrimp in the stir fry, etc.  I haven't had any success getting them to remove the "offending" ingredient so I am tempted to fib and claim that I am allergic to it.  (Hey, maybe I am?  I really wouldn't know since I won't eat it, lol.)  They take reported allergies very seriously because they fear lawsuits.

I have a shellfish allergy, and I report this to NCL for every cruise.  They do take this very seriously, including not letting me eat products that come already prepared that they do not have specific information on.

I don't encourage lying about this, but please know that the downside is that you will need to pre-order meals, which removes a lot of flexibility from anytime dining.  Also, quick meals almost never happen as the special order kitchen is small and can easily get backed up.  I understand this, and still really appreciate the effort that they put in to making sure that I stay alive and healthy while on vacation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1