Success!! Booked Railway Experience on Utopia

On 8/31/2024 at 1:26 PM, BirdTravels said:

Ours has been open a couple of weeks. Still not sold out. Seems like low interest. 

As of this morning it is not sold out for our cruise on Utopia next month. I have no interest in booking it based on several friends who have eaten there. Without exception all of them said it was not worth the money. This was before the recent price hike, making it even less desirable to us. 

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I went all the way into the Chops rez including the payment page and never found a URL...am I just stupid?

No, you're not stupid. Go to dining page and click on Chops to start a reservation but don't start one. Go to the top of the page where you'll see the URL strip. Click between the word CHOP & DINNER. When the line is white, not blue, change the word CHOP to RAIL. You'll notice that it also changed in the blue URL line. Then click on that blue URL line, which takes you to the reservation page for the Railway. It has been showing sold out but I think they just haven't released it yet. I've been checking daily. Some are saying that it will open up 30 days out from the cruise date but I still check everyday.

Yep, still showing sold out for me this morning! Pooh!

Edited by SilkySal
add

I was able to book it for our September 23rd Utopia cruise at 8:40 PM (late dinner for me!). There were only a few spots left. We have also purchased the UDP, so we will try to get the difference back at the purser's desk.

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2024 at 4:32 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

After reading this, I checked for our January Utopia, and there is availability on every day of the cruise. Price is $119/pp. 

OP, thanks for spreading the word as lots of people are looking forward to dining there. I didn’t book. 

I had 3 ladies seated by me in the MDR on recent Utopia sail and they got it for $72 pp.   Does your price include 18% grats.

On 8/6/2024 at 6:02 PM, perfect match said:

I just looked at our January 2025 sailing on Utopia and found no sign  of Royal Railway. It wasn’t even listed as sold out. Doesn’t bother me much because I wasn’t planning on booking at $119/pp anyway but wondered if it was available for those old king to book. I hope that those of you who are looking to book are able to do so and that you enjoy the experience. I also hope those of you who do book come back and tell us what you thought of the experience. 

We also have no access to it.  We are on the 1-13-25 cruise and it still hasn’t shown up once.

10 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have no interest in booking it based on several friends who have eaten there. Without exception all of them said it was not worth the money. 

Interesting!! All the reports I've heard say the exact opposite. I guess it's further proof that nothing is going to appeal to everybody. 🙂 Not having tried it myself, I have no opinion to offer ... but I'm definitely curious to see how the demand and pricing trends continue from here.

26 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Interesting!! All the reports I've heard say the exact opposite. I guess it's further proof that nothing is going to appeal to everybody. 🙂 Not having tried it myself, I have no opinion to offer ... but I'm definitely curious to see how the demand and pricing trends continue from here.

My personal observation/opinion is the word is starting to get out that Royal Railway is not that good. My next cruise on Utopia is October 14th. As of this moment there are plenty of reservations available on three of the four nights on the cruise. I also think the recent price hike has contributed to the slow down in sales for Royal Railway. 

• Like 1

A few weeks ago I was able to book the Railroad for our Nov cruise. While onboard in August the D concierge suggested that we go directly to the restaurant and see about any availability for our current cruise or the next one. We did get reservations for sept 1st. We got off that cruise this morning. 
That said, I am definitely canceling our November reservation. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food was very good, the entertainment fun but the cost was way too much. 
I am very glad we did it but will not be going back.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Still saying "We’re stuffed! Reservations are currently not available.".  Oh well.  Maybe next time.  We have the UDP, which I know doesn't apply to the Railway, so we'll still have some incredible dining options.  Next time maybe.  

According to RCI's web site and My Cruise planner, the Royal Railway is not excluded from the UDP. I took a picture in case they deny the reservation. We board Utopia in February and are unable to make Railway reservations at this time. Hopefully, after the New Year, it will become available.

• Thanks 1

We dined there this past weekend.  It was interesting and I am glad we did it, but I  would not do it again unless it was a new theme.  The food was ok- not anything exceptional ( though I liked the rolls best), and the drinks too sweet for me.  Our server, Stefan, was  wonderful as was  the host. The  acting was very good though the script itself I felt  was lacking.  

Far better food was at Hooked-  service and food were exceptional there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1