Freedom! Live From The Freedom of the Seas 8/11-18, 2024

12 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I think they probably would have but I was trying for moderation and went too far. By the time I realized my stomach was as big as my eyes, we were on dessert.

I hear you and we've been there before. Really enjoying following along with your cruise and getting us excited to be back on Freedom next year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

We have on occasion asked our waiter if we could get our salmon "grilled".  If you let them know the day before, the chef may be able to do to this for you.  The grilled salmon is usually excellent - very moist.

Hugs,

NJ  

I would miss that herb crust but good to know that's an option.

17 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

On my last few cruises I didn’t get an invite like I always did in the past, but the cheers luncheon was listed on the app. When I was on Enchantment the loyalty ambassador told me they were moving away from paper invites and listing it in the app instead. 

I didn't even think to look there.

12 minutes ago, kris816 said:

Awesome! Thank you. I have one more request, only if you are in the area. If you are out by a pool bar, can you see if they have White Claw? I know Royal only carries mango but finding it is an another hit or miss. 

I'll take a look next time I'm out there.

18 minutes ago, kris816 said:

Awesome! Thank you. I have one more request, only if you are in the area. If you are out by a pool bar, can you see if they have White Claw? I know Royal only carries mango but finding it is an another hit or miss. 

When I was on Freedom a few months ago, they had White Claw at the Lime and Coconut, which is the pool bar(s) on Freedom. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I would miss that herb crust but good to know that's an option.

I didn't even think to look there.

very good to know.  if you don't have the app - you might miss it? 

will be sure to double-check with loyal amb. then.

Hugs,

NJ  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I hear you and we've been there before. Really enjoying following along with your cruise and getting us excited to be back on Freedom next year. 

Thank you 😀

• Like 1

Those Tacos with tofu were something interesting I wanted to try. I'm glad I did but probably not something I would get again.

The sauce was out of this world good. It was a peanut sauce and had a little kick if spicy to it. I would like to see this sauce paired with something else. The dish was basically like eating tortilla chips. Needed some meat. Thank goodness I'm an omnivore as nature intended.

The salmon....what an improvement over last night. This was perfectly moist and had onions, mushrooms, and small pieces of mango giving it just a slightly sweet taste without being overpowering all served on a bed if spinach. Very good 10/10 on this dish.

The cheesecake....well it was vegan and not really a cheesecake in flavor or ingredients. Getting past that, it was actually very good. The crust, the fake cream cheese, the toffee, everything about it was good. 

Then the cake which the waiter proclaimed to be "fresh...from the fridge." This tastes exactly like a Marie Callender coconut cake and I'm convinced that it is and I'm not knocking it. 

All in all, this was one if the best meals I've had at Royal's MDR and I left very satisfied with my meal and service.

Great job 👍 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, dbancroft said:

I did not see the cheers luncheon on the app or on the compass. We went to Disney trivia and playmakers.

That's unfortunate as it was a very nice lunch. Everyone at my table was happy with their meal, and the one guy wasn't happy with much 😆.

I figured it would be today since it's usually on the first sea day so went and asked but Royal should do better at communicating the earned perk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Somebody left this with three gold coins showing. Gonna try for a hit and run.

17236832564365748274438081792293.thumb.jpg.0ea379571eb913bc683573c762a0a8d7.jpg

That's right about the time some one hit for over a thousand on one of the machines.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

That's right about the time some one hit for over a thousand on one of the machines.

Sadly it wasn't me. That's what it's gonna take to get me back in the black at this point.

image.thumb.png.22ec5ca23b52354e04f582719afee6c5.png

Group behind me "80s party, that means nothing to me I wasn't even alive" same (well I was born but barely), just be thankful it's not the tired 70s party Royal seems to do every cruise. I can at least get into this.

17236947669314283728254980324161.thumb.jpg.7dc1aa14aec528bae139ec8aee876c92.jpg

Beat it 🎶 

• Like 1