Gratuities

Goofyisme

55 minutes ago, miched said:

Plus 20% service fee.  🙄🤗😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There is no 20% service fee on top of what I stated.  Happy sailing!

On 8/6/2024 at 5:51 PM, cinnamon said:

When I agreed my AI price last year the Grats were included. In 48 cruises I have never refused to pay gratuities but I feel really aggrieved that I’m supposed to find an extra $216 pp for something I thought I had already paid for. Celebrity set the price then. How can they change the rules after you’ve agreed the price. 
On top of the itinerary being changed after final balance was paid, this is just  the last straw. 

Were you not grandfathered in?  We were on our Edge cruise that was booked with grats included before the change. 

27 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Were you not grandfathered in?  We were on our Edge cruise that was booked with grats included before the change. 

18 hours ago, cinnamon said:

Thank you!  Yes, they were included when we booked in October. I’ll double check with my TA. 

From the Cinnamon reply is looks they just read that grats are no longer included and thought it also applied to them without checking 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how many pax have ceased buying the AI since the grats have been removed out of the bundle? I know we have. We have one more left with the complete bundle and then all our future cruises are standard fares only.

39 minutes ago, villauk said:

I wonder how many pax have ceased buying the AI since the grats have been removed out of the bundle? I know we have. We have one more left with the complete bundle and then all our future cruises are standard fares only.

If under the old system the prices worked for you (neither system is good value for us) the chances are the new system will work just as well i.e. the price of the drinks and wifi under the new system plus the grats is basically the same as the single price you paid for all 3 under the old system. 

15 minutes ago, the penguins said:

If under the old system the prices worked for you (neither system is good value for us) the chances are the new system will work just as well i.e. the price of the drinks and wifi under the new system plus the grats is basically the same as the single price you paid for all 3 under the old system. 

Not in our case. In fact, we’re not bothering to add any of the packages on future cruises - doing pay-as-you-go in future. 

3 hours ago, villauk said:

I don’t think it makes difference in our decision on whether we get a package or not 

Since we mostly do repositioning cruise usually with over 7 seadays , usually get group pricing if the cost is around $50 CAD a day we get the package , and than the cruise is also refundable , if your booking at year out it also a nice perk 

On 8/7/2024 at 12:06 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

What is written on your invoice at time of booking ?

if grats were included at time you booked , they still will be included 

..... if they aren't just visit Guest Relation and join the queue to Cancel your Gratuities. So Simple...