Crown Grill on Sun Princess Reservation Availability

I have tried and tried to book a reservation for the Crown Grill this October on the Sun Princess but it always states “Sorry, there are no available time slots for this date”. I have had only one time slot come up for the entire cruise and that was for a 9:10 PM time slot. We tend to have dinner around 5 PM. Is anyone else having this problem? I have been trying for months.

54 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I have tried and tried to book a reservation for the Crown Grill this October on the Sun Princess but it always states “Sorry, there are no available time slots for this date”. I have had only one time slot come up for the entire cruise and that was for a 9:10 PM time slot. We tend to have dinner around 5 PM. Is anyone else having this problem? I have been trying for months.

We've had the same issue on Discovery Princess, Crown Grill always sold out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

There are always slots to book while you are on board but they are most likely to be after 7:30. We have never b poked before any of our cruises and always gotten tables. Yes we never eat before 7:30 even at home

Could actually be sold-out.

I believe they hold a few open, especially for guests who have Specialty dining as included.

Check at the front of the restaurant to see if they can find you any availability.

And, check back thru the cruise.

(Do they keep any waiting list????)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We've had the same issue on Discovery Princess, Crown Grill always sold out. 

We also had a hard time getting a Crown Grill reservation on the Discovery Princess. Did you have that problem prior to the start of the Premiere package? I can’t remember when that package began. 

I guess early access to dining reservations only counts in the MDR and not the specialty restaurants? 

Reservations open when Princess puts them online on the APP.

Should not make any difference if it is MDR or Specialty.

With the new online system, Premier Package, etc,  Yes, I think one has to be ready to book early!

I was not aware of how early dining reservations opened on our next cruise.  Waited a bit too long.  We did get reservations, but not as early as we wanted.

3 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

With the new online system, Premier Package, etc,  Yes, I think one has to be ready to book early!

I was not aware of how early dining reservations opened on our next cruise.  Waited a bit too long.  We did get reservations, but not as early as we wanted.

Thank goodness we never ever want to eat before 7:30 or 8:00. Sometimes you can shoot a cannon through those venues at that time

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I just checked and I booked a year ago. Every time I looked for reservations they were unavailable. I hope we can get a reservation once we are onboard. 

18 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I just checked and I booked a year ago. Every time I looked for reservations they were unavailable. I hope we can get a reservation once we are onboard. 

good luck with that.  pretty sure the SUN P cruises in October are close to maxed or over.  We bit the bullet and booked Catch and Umai - paid for them - even with Premier dining credits - back on 6/6/24 - and got dates and times we wanted, or at least could accept.  Didn't try Crown Grill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

good luck with that.  pretty sure the SUN P cruises in October are close to maxed or over.  We bit the bullet and booked Catch and Umai - paid for them - even with Premier dining credits - back on 6/6/24 - and got dates and times we wanted, or at least could accept.  Didn't try Crown Grill

I got a reservation for our second week on the Sun Princess at 8:50 pm. We usually dine around 5:00 pm and always book the Crown Grill for the first night of the cruise. I’m really not happy with this date and time. Do you know if I can’t change the date or time would they give me a refund? We are celebrating a birthday and really wanted to go on the celebration date. I can’t believe how long that I have been trying to get a reservation and it always showed that nothing was available.

Also, I have food allergies, and I know that I am always safe at the Crown Grill.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We also had a hard time getting a Crown Grill reservation on the Discovery Princess. Did you have that problem prior to the start of the Premiere package? I can’t remember when that package began. 

I guess early access to dining reservations only counts in the MDR and not the specialty restaurants? 

No, always easy to get a reservation prior to the Premier bundle.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

No, always easy to get a reservation prior to the Premier bundle.

This still easy as long as you like to eat after 7:30 or 8:00. We booked a table for Crown today for Monday 7:30 on the Grand. There were other people who were upset because there was nothing earlier than that any day

5 hours ago, memoak said:

This still easy as long as you like to eat after 7:30 or 8:00. We booked a table for Crown today for Monday 7:30 on the Grand. There were other people who were upset because there was nothing earlier than that any day

Not on Discovery week long cruises. You must be on a longer itinerary and not in Southern California. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Not on Discovery week long cruises. You must be on a longer itinerary and not in Southern California. 

I am on b2b 1 week cruises on the Grand out of Vancouver. However I usually am on 14-21 day cruises and there really isn’t any issue on those. On the Alaska cruises it seems that they all want to eat early. I was h as bing breakfast and a couple were trying to book the Crown and were offered a reservation at 8:00 and said oh no that is way to late. It was explained to them that that was what was available and they got very upset